PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 8

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

Damn, that was predictable. And it sucks. I guess I'll just have to get over it, or else I'll just throw my laptop out the window in disgust while I watch the episode. Why, writers, why?
    Aura7541 likes this.

Blog Entries

Since Trip is the "main rival" so he's "smart" he'll problably "think" up some way to beat Iris' Dragonite.
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 24th July 2012 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

With what Pokemon? If Langley and Dawn couldn't beat it with a 4x advantage, what chance to Ash and Trip have? Ash has absolutely no answer to Dragonite on his team right now at all, and Trip seems to be using Serperior. All Dragonite has to do is fly around and spam flamethrower.

Don't forget that typing hasn't really mattered in Best Wishes so far.

Maybe Iris uses Axew or something? I mean, it did just learn a new move. But if she does use Dragonite again, I expect to see Krokorok since it at least has 1 move that can do some damage, which is all the logic Ash needs to use it. We know that it evolves at some point, and judging by the development of Ash's pokes this series, having it evolve in the middle of the battle to power it up, whilst giving it one of the Dragon moves it can learn in order to beat Dragonite is definitely not out of the question.

But I do agree that from looking at Ash's team as it is now, he just doesn't have anything that can put their hand up (bar possibly Pikachu) and say "Sure, I'll take on a Pseudo Legendary".

Side note, I imagine it won't be long until we find out who wins the tourney in this episode, since the next ep will likely be called something like "so and so vs Champion Alder".

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering Cilan's name isn't on the title must have mean he ended up losing before the semifinals, I would guess he at least made top 8 and I hope and if he did and most likely he did, I hope that Trip was the one who knocked him out of the tournament. This definitely needs to happen as a step one to Trip redeeming himself as a credible threat for Ash during the league and step 2 involves beating Iris in the finals hopefully, preferrably when Iris beats Ash in the semis. In my opinion this must happen for anything decent plot-wise and development-wise to occur from these events, but i digress, it doesn't seem to likeky given the writer's initiative. This tournament can go just about any way between those three and we won't know for sure what will come of it until either these episodes air or until a future episode title is revealed.
    Last edited by Five-Gate Omega; 24th July 2012 at 03:54 AM.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Y'know, I kind of hope that this Tournament wraps up Trip and that the "Last Battle" title is a hint that this will be the last we see of him. If he wins the whole thing and gets to battle Alder, then he's pretty much achieved what he set out on his journey to do. Maybe he won't even bother with the league after this, and the mysterious "new rival" will take his place as the main opponent for the league. Eh, time will tell.

I wonder if it's possible that Iris might not be able to use Dragonite for the remainder of the tournament. Perhaps, the battles against Beartic and Mamoswine have seriously worn Dragonite down due to the fact that ice type moves do lethal damage to it. Iris might have to be forced to use her other Pokemon and ultimately, end up exposed as a not-so-advanced trainer who relied too much on raw power.
    Flare Blitz likes this.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

If Ash is stuck battling Iris then his best choice would clearly be Pikachu, but if Krokorok were to evolve and learn Dragon Claw or something then that could work too.

If it's Trip vs Iris then Trip won't really stand a chance unless his Vanillite has evolved, but considering this Dragonite's BS record against Ice types even that might not work. Whatever. I'm not even remotly interested in this tournament now thanks to our newest Mary Sue and her almighty dragon...
    Caseydia and The Froakster like this.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura7541 View Post
    I wonder if it's possible that Iris might not be able to use Dragonite for the remainder of the tournament. Perhaps, the battles against Beartic and Mamoswine have seriously worn Dragonite down due to the fact that ice type moves do lethal damage to it. Iris might have to be forced to use her other Pokemon and ultimately, end up exposed as a not-so-advanced trainer who relied too much on raw power.
    I don't really see why the Pokémon wouldn't get the chance to rest between their battles. In both the previous tournaments both Trainers and Pokémon were allowed to rest between their battles, so I really don't see why that wouldn't be the case here. It's true that Dragonite has been used two times in a row, but let's not forget that the Trainers only could use one Pokémon throughout the whole Donamite Tournament, and thus Ash, Bianca, Masaomi and Stephan were forced to use their Pokémon three times in a row too, not to mention that Masaomi and Stpehan used the same Pokémon four times in a row. So, I doubt that will happen.

Iris isn't a weak Trainer. Both her Emolga and Excadrill have been shown to be quite formidable, while Axew is the only whose still going through training to reach the same level. Using a Pokémon that disobeys you in a Tournament like this takes guts. I mean, if I'd want to win this I definitely wouldn't want to have used my newly caught Dragonite, because then I'd surely lose. Iris doesn't look at things that way. From the looks of things, and regardless of it being a bad idea or not, she still decides to take advantage of this tournament by trying to bond with Dragonite. After all, engaging in Pokémon battles is the perfect to actually connect to your Pokémon's heart, as it'll force you to be in perfect sync with your Pokémon.

Of course I can't be certain until I've actually seen the episodes, but that's the way I see it.

Also, the translation of the episode on Serebii was ''Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle'', and even though it's barely any different, I still found it interesting how a possessive 's is included in this title. It's making me wonder if there'll be some kind of special finale planned for the four semi-finalists, where all of them have to co-operate to battle against Alder, or maybe have to go through some special kind of battle.... or something like that... It'd make much more sense if stood something like ''[insert name here] and [insert name here]'s Final Battle'', but since a third person is included it seems rather odd.

Bah, it's probably just wishful thinking on my part and nothing more than the usual elimination style, I doubt that the writers will break away from that regular trend.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

I know Iris isn't a weak trainer. However, she isn't that terrific of a trainer either. Using a disobedient Pokemon in a tournament indeed takes guts, but nevertheless, is a very foolish decision. Plus, engaging in Pokemon battles is not always the perfect way of synchronizing with a Pokemon. In fact, it may backfire. Just ask Ash's Infernape. I remember in Diamond & Pearl, Wallace said that it's very important to play with your Pokemon. If you're always so dead serious, that may damage your relationships with your Pokemon. The writers are already doing a terrible job at developing Iris's character. However, they have a chance in this episode to possibly explain why they had Iris beat Georgia and Dawn (well actually, it's really her Dragonite that did all the dirty work).

It's obvious that the contestants' Pokemon will be allowed to rest, but certain injuries take a long time to heal. That's what happened with Harrison's Blaziken back at the Silver Conference. Also, it looks like the trainers are allowed to use different Pokemon in the cup while in the Donamite, they had to stick with one Pokemon.
    Last edited by Aura7541; 24th July 2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Caseydia and Flare Blitz like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura7541 View Post
    I know Iris isn't a weak trainer. However, she isn't that terrific of a trainer either. Using a disobedient Pokemon in a tournament indeed takes guts, but nevertheless, is a very foolish decision. Plus, engaging in Pokemon battles is not always the perfect way of synchronizing with a Pokemon. In fact, it may backfire. Just ask Ash's Infernape. I remember in Diamond & Pearl, Wallace said that it's very important to play with your Pokemon. If you're always so dead serious, that may damage your relationships with your Pokemon. The writers are already doing a terrible job at developing Iris's character. However, they have a chance in this episode to possibly explain why they had Iris beat Georgia and Dawn (well actually, it's really her Dragonite that did all the dirty work).
    I don’t really see how it’s a foolish decision. After all, the battle again Beartic will be her first battle with Dragonite, right? I’m sure that she thought that Dragonite would obey her perfectly as the decides to battle with it, but then notices as the battle finally starts that Dragonite isn’t really listening to her at all. As she still manages to win her battle against Georgia she’s pretty much given another chance to try and take command over Dragonite once she battles Dawn, and sure, using it here might be quite risky as it was disobedient in their last battle, but if you’re really determined to bond with your Pokémon I don’t really see what the problem is. She’s just being gutsy in my book. Besides, what does she really have to lose? If she loses, she’s just out of the tournament, which really isn’t such a big deal, as this tournament really won’t help her to advance further in her Dragon Master goal or anything.

Oh yes, playing with Pokémon might be a good plan, but there isn’t really an episode between the capture and the tournament arc, is there? So how exactly was that going to happen? This tournament just happened to come directly after the capture, so instead of neglecting her newly captured Pokémon, why not try to use this tournament to her own benefit by trying to bond with it here?

And lol, Iris definitely isn’t dead serious about things. :p

It's obvious that the contestants' Pokemon will be allowed to rest, but certain injuries take a long time to heal. That's what happened with Harrison's Blaziken back at the Silver Conference. Also, it looks like the trainers are allowed to use different Pokemon in the cup while in the Donamite, they had to stick with one Pokemon.
    But we don’t know if Dragonite is going take any big injuries, do we? And even though I’d much rather see Axew, Emolga or Excadrill battle against Trip/Ash/CoTD w/e I still don’t see how she’d be exposed as a ‘’not-so-advanced’’ trainer by using them. I’d say that if she was to use them, she’d instead gain the people’s respect, as all of those Pokémon are Pokémon that actually listens to her, and are obedient, right?

Also, the fact that they were forced to only use one Pokémon in the Donamite while they aren’t here (how do we know that exactly, btw? I must’ve missed something) doesn’t really change anything. The Pokémon will still get to rest just as much as the Pokémon in the Donamite, so I really fail to see your point.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is Iris really using Dragonite in every single round? Seems so bizarre to me that it won't backfire on her.

I never said that the Pokemon in the world cup won't get as much rest as the Pokemon in the Donamite. What I was trying to say is that Dragonite could get seriously hurt even after getting plenty of rest. Iris is no doubt trying to connect with Dragonite. However, if you're trying to approach the problem the same way over and over again, you won't make progress. And this is what Iris is doing, using Dragonite battle after battle in hope of finally getting it to listen to her. Whether she'll stop and think other ways of approaching this problem in between battles, it remains to be seen. On the other hand, there are much better ways Iris could have tackled this problem. For example, perhaps she could have had Excadrill battle Dawn's Mamoswine and have Dragonite watch in order of it to be more familiar with Iris's battling style, sort of like how Dawn had her Mamoswine watch her contests. That pretty much debunks your argument of Iris not using Dragonite = neglection. If Iris cannot use her Dragonite for the remainder of the tournament, she will be exposed not because she isn't a strong trainer, but because one, she took Dragonite for granted and relied too much on brute force, and two, she is not even close to bringing out the best of her other Pokemon (with maybe the exception of Excadrill, though he, too, has a few flaws Iris need to fix).

Blog Entries

I never said that the Pokemon in the world cup won't get as much rest as the Pokemon in the Donamite. What I was trying to say is that Dragonite could get seriously hurt even after getting plenty of rest.
    You said that Dragonite should’ve been worn out by now due to battling Ice-types two times in a row, you didn’t say anything about serious injuries. So, naturally, I assumed that what you meant was that it simply was exhausted after all of its battles.

Iris is no doubt trying to connect with Dragonite. However, if you're trying to approach the problem the same way over and over again, you won't make progress. And this is what Iris is doing, using Dragonite battle after battle in hope of finally getting it to listen to her.
    The thing is, can you for certain say that Iris is trying to approach the problem the same way twice? No, you can’t. You haven’t seen a single one of the battles yet, all you really know is the fact that Iris is using Dragonite twice. For all we know, she might be forced to use the same Pokémon during the whole tournament, I don’t remember us getting a confirmation of being able to switch Pokémon between battles (if that has been confirmed, then please feel free to correct me).

Also, if it doesn’t work the first time, then try it again. Iris is definitely not the kind of person who gives up if she doesn’t succeed the first time. I doubt she’d be like ‘’oh, well, Dragonite didn’t obey me in this battle, so he probably won’t obey me in the future either, so I’ll just give up on him.’’ It’s more like that kind of failure instead will inspire her to try once more.

Also, you do not at all know how Iris is approaching the problem, that’s the problem, and you can’t say for certain that Iris is trying to solve the problem the same way as she did in her last battle.

On the other hand, there are much better ways Iris could have tackled this problem. For example, perhaps she could have had Excadrill battle Dawn's Mamoswine and have Dragonite watch in order of it to be more familiar with Iris's battling style, sort of like how Dawn had her Mamoswine watch her contests.
    I think you missed the point. When Dawn had Mamoswine watching her contests she didn’t do that for the sake of trying to connect with it, she did it to try and make Mamoswine interested in contests, something that it never had tried out before. Once it had caught interest in it she'd have a much easier time to try and bond with it, as they both would have something to strive for.
    Mamoswine wasn’t impressed by the way Dawn co-operated with her Pokémon, it was impressed by all the sparkly moves and the impressive combinations. We even saw that during a couple of scenes where its eyes sparkled as soon as it saw something sparkly, isn’t that right?

I doubt Dragonite will learn anything from watching Iris battling. Battling really isn’t anything new to Dragonite and really isn’t anything that he isn’t interested in, while contests were completely new to Mamoswine and that really tried to ignore. So no, I really don’t see how having Dragonite watch her battles will help her in any way. It’ll still surely feel like the best way to battle is by following its own instincts. So, I can’t really see your point.

If Iris cannot use her Dragonite for the remainder of the tournament, she will be exposed not because she isn't a strong trainer, but because one, she took Dragonite for granted and relied too much on brute force, and two, she is not even close to bringing out the best of her other Pokemon (with maybe the exception of Excadrill, though he, too, has a few flaws Iris need to fix).
    ‘’Relied too much on brute force’’, you say? Woah. How exactly did Iris rely too much on brute force? I can’t see that, since I haven’t watched the battles yet, but how is she relying on brute force if her Pokémon doesn’t co-operate with her?

I think Iris will be dissatisfied with her victories in this tournament since she wasn’t working in sync with her Pokémon, just the way she was dissatisfied with the way Excadrill busted Scolipede in BW9 She was happy that Axew was saved, and she did appreciate how Excadrill had beaten Scolipede, but she wasn’t happy with the end outcome, as Excadrill still had battled completely on its own without obeying his trainer at all. In order to prevent that from being something that’ll occur with Dragonite she tries to connect with it during her battles, and being persistent and giving up just because it didn’t work the first time she battled with it is really not her style.

And I don’t agree. I think Iris is a good Trainer. She’s not amazing due to her still having to work a lot with her Pokémon and herself, but no one in the main cast has been amazing as of yet. If Iris isn’t bringing out the best from her Pokémon, then how come that she managed to cleverly take advantage of Emolga’s ability Static in the battle against Sawk, by letting Emolga spam Attract putting Sawk in a state where it was forced to use Close Combat until the paralyze finally struck, giving her the chance to go in for the final blow with Volt Switch? And how come that when she’s battling with Excadrill she’s always going offensive? Excadrill, out of all Gen V Pokémon, is famous for being an incredible sweeper with its tremendous Attack power, and Iris is utilizing that in a marvelous way by actually going offensive during their battles. Dig is a perfect bonus that allows their attacks to be more effective, as their opponents often won’t be able to tell from what direction it’ll come from. Not to mention the awesome Drill Run & Dig combo too. So, I think you’re wrong. Iris might not yet be able to bring out the best from Axew, but they are growing together. So, I think you are very wrong in your statement of Iris not being able to bring out the best out of her Pokémon.

I doubt Iris will be exposed as anything if she was to switch Dragonite out for some other Pokémon, more than being a very powerful Trainer once she uses her other Pokémon that is.

Also, where has it been stated that Trainers may switch Pokémon between the battles? I’m not saying that it’s not true, but I’d like to know where it’s been stated, since I obviously must’ve missed it.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)