PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 7

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    I'm looking forward to the magazine promo for this episode, just to see if it makes Iris the underdog again.
    Unless I am missing something(I probably am) those promos come from Shogakukan's Pokémon Fan magazine which is released once in two months, as opposed to once a month like TV schedule magazines do. Current one is being released today.

Unless I am missing another magazine that posts anime spoiler manga, we won't be getting spoilers... but we will most likely get the summary until around August 7(which is about when Newtype leaks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikuri View Post
    I think it's a sad day when the writers throw in the trash can all the concepts that they have built over the years to promote Iris and her role in B2W2. I mean, Charizard's disobedience cost a League match for Ash, Mamoswine's disobedience cost the Lilypad Contest for Dawn, but Iris is only gaining from Dragonite.
    There is still the possibility that Iris will lose in either the semifinal or the final round. Iris already won a tournament in BW, and only Ash and Trip have something to gain from winning this tournament - the chance to battle Alder. And even if Iris does end up winning the whole thing, what is the probability of her Dragonite defeating the Unova League Champion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikuri View Post
    I feel sorry for the Trainers who really work hard and train their Pokémon; we already have two victims of Iris and her almighty Dragonite, and the number may possibly increase. Prepare yourself for the Unova League, Iris will pull out a badge case from her hair, catch a Rayquaza and win the whole thing.
    Dragonite can use Flamethrower, which is super-effective against its first two Junior Cup opponents. We also don't know what other moves it might have in its disposal. Iris is only advancing this far in the Junior Cup because she caught an already powerful pokemon before getting in there.

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    There is still the possibility that Iris will lose in either the semifinal or the final round. Iris already won a tournament in BW, and only Ash and Trip have something to gain from winning this tournament - the chance to battle Alder. And even if Iris does end up winning the whole thing, what is the probability of her Dragonite defeating the Unova League Champion?
    Yes, there is, but I fully believe that the upcoming battles will be Ash VS Trip and Iris VS COTD, and I really can't see Iris losing to a nobody. Anyway, she already has two victories against opponents who were using well-trained Pokémon with type advantage. Iris should not get this far with a Pokémon that doesn't listen to her. A disobedient Dragonite should not beat a Beartic and a Mamoswine in perfect sync with their Trainers. That's my point.
    I would like to remind you that Iris had nothing to gain from winning the Club Battle, and yet she won. And take it easy, I don't expect Iris to defeat Alder, but it's interesting to see the place where we are, where only a Champion can stop Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Dragonite can use Flamethrower, which is super-effective against its first two Junior Cup opponents. We also don't know what other moves it might have in its disposal. Iris is only advancing this far in the Junior Cup because she caught an already powerful pokemon before getting in there.
    Yes, I know, and Beartic can use Ice Beam and Mamoswine can use Ice Shard, moves that are super effective against Dragonite. So I really don't see your point. And I have no doubt that Iris is only advancing this far because of Dragonite.
    Last edited by Mikuri; 23rd July 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Blog Entries

I really fail to see the problem with having Dragonite beat both Mamoswine and Beartic. Even though it's true that Dragonite and Iris is far away from working in sync, Dragonite's tremendous strength really isn't decreased. It's just like Beartic and Mamoswine is battling a wild Pokémon, and who said that wild Pokémon cannot be strong?

Remember when Ash and the gang were going to catch Buizel? Well, if I recall correctly, didn't Buizel pretty much beat Piplup, Glameow AND Pikachu in a row? I think it did. He managed to beat three very powerful Pokémon (even though it's true Piplup wasn't really that strong back then, it was still Dawn's strongest Pokémon) in a row, not to mention that he actually managed to beat Pikachu, who has the advantage due to its Electric-type moves. Well, the way Dragonite is beating both Mamoswine AND Beartic is just the same thing, because since Iris and Dragonite aren't co-operating it is just like Dawn and Georgia battle a wild Pokémon, which they fail to beat.

They have the advantage, sure, but so did Pikachu in its battle against Buizel, not to mention Pikachu's massive amount of experience . Sure, Georgia should have beaten Dragonite, but it really isn't impossible for Dragonite to win here.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Welp, I tried, but now I can't give a damn about this tournament anymore. I'm glad Trip was thrown a bone this time after his laughable 1st round losses. Maybe he'll win against Ash and then he (Ash) will beat him at the league.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Pikachu got the better of Buizel, initially, with a volt tackle. Ash threw his pokeball, Buizel fought out of it, and then used the moment afterwards to immediately ram Pikachu into the nearby river, where it ko-ed it underwater. Though it's true it was Buizel's third battle in a row, but it was an "easier" defeat to swallow, I guess, since Pikachu would have won if Ash hadn't tried to actually catch Buizel. :> I just rewatched that yesterday. Pikachu defeated Buizel afterwards in a practice double match about 7 episodes later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wind View Post
    Pikachu got the better of Buizel, initially, with a volt tackle. Ash threw his pokeball, Buizel fought out of it, and then used the moment afterwards to immediately ram Pikachu into the nearby river, where it ko-ed it underwater. Though it's true it was Buizel's third battle in a row, but it was an "easier" defeat to swallow, I guess, since Pikachu would have won if Ash hadn't tried to actually catch Buizel. :> I just rewatched that yesterday. Pikachu defeated Buizel afterwards in a practice double match about 7 episodes later.
    It did really give Buizel a run for its money, but it didn't defeat it. Buizel beat Piplup, Glameow AND Pikachu in a row, and all of them is without a doubt powerful. Dragonite is allowed to rest between the battles, was Buizel allowed to rest? No. They gave it no chance to take a break, as they one by one took Buizel on. And please, I'm sure Buizel would've won regardless if Ash was trying to catch it or not.

The time Buizel battled Pikachu again was in a double battle against Dawn, where Buizel didn't battle on its own instincts, but instead had to listen to Dawn. Dawn was trying out something she was completely unfamiliar with, a double battle, thus resulted in her handling Buizel and Buneary in a rather clumsy way. That battle really didn't prove anything, especially not with it being, as you said, a double battle.
    HumanDawn and Bubble Frog like this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Now with capital letter Pseudonym's Avatar

Maybe it says "The Last Battle" because Ash, Trip and Iris are gonna get killed by Dragonite :|
    The path of a pseudo-champion.

SuBuWriMo total: 3588 words.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    Maybe it says "The Last Battle" because Ash, Trip and Iris are gonna get killed by Dragonite :|
    Well thats imaginitive but very unlikely ;)

I like ideas from previous posts about how they will team up to battle alder in a triple battle. I would love that if that was to happen, it would be the best idea for a long long time.

And it would be exciting :D:D

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    I'm looking forward to the magazine promo for this episode, just to see if it makes Iris the underdog again.
    Unless I am missing something(I probably am) those promos come from Shogakukan's Pokémon Fan magazine which is released once in two months, as opposed to once a month like TV schedule magazines do. Current one is being released today.

Unless I am missing another magazine that posts anime spoiler manga, we won't be getting spoilers... but we will most likely get the summary until around August 7(which is about when Newtype leaks).
    D'awww. ._. That's a bummer. Summary spoilers aren't nearly as fun as pseudo-spoilers from pretty pictures.

@Pseudonym That would be one hell of a way to end the tournament! Too bad nobody on the staff has the balls to actually pull this off. Cursed we be for following a kid's show!

Another thing that bugs me is that we know now that different Pokemon can be used per round. Is Iris really gonna be using Dragonite for THREE CONSECUTIVE ROUNDS? What about Axew, who also learned a bullshit new stupidly overpowered move shortly before the tournament? When is that going to get shown off? You'd think it would be used in this tournament at some point... or like, let Excadrill get on the action since it likes these kinds of tournaments and it was Iris' undisputed powerhouse pre-Dragonite (and type-wise would've been so much better to use on a Mamoswine... then again type logic is obviously backwards in the BW series if Iris' two battles here are any indication).

If Iris was actually using something other than Dragonite, I could see her actually losing. Trip and Ash have plenty of Pokemon who can match up to Axew/Emolga/even Excadrill by now.

But who am I kidding, right? Dragonite's gonna be spammed ad nauseum until the very end; I feel quite certain of that.

e: And even though I am in favor of Trip winning this over Iris (much rather would have Ash winning but I'm 200% certain that won't be happening this close to League time), that doesn't mean I like the idea of Trip winning. I honestly do not see what a Trip/Alder battle will reveal to us that Alder's debut episode didn't do already. It just seems like a half-assed, far-fetched attempt to throw Trip a bone so that he'll vaguely resemble something of a threat pre-League, which will probably be counter-productive because no way in hell is Trip going to beat Alder. If we needed a Trip/Alder battle so badly they would have done so in that episode, I believe.

Iris and Alder battling, which is the much greater of the two evils imo, not only throws an homage to the BW2 games the anime is marketing right now, but what better than a Champion could resolve Iris' Dragonite problem in a fashion that matches the way ALL of Iris' Pokemon problems have been resolved? I just have this sinking feeling in me that the Dragonite thing is not going to be resolved with hard work and self-reflection; rather it's gonna be all patched up by Alder and Iris can continue on her merry way with a murderbeast that obeys her. ._.
    Last edited by Shinneth; 23rd July 2012 at 04:24 PM.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Hopefully the "last" parts means this will be the end of Shooti.

So long, Worst Rival Ever! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
    I didn't think about it that way, but I still doubt Trip will lose to Ash until the League.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I really hope that Trip somehow wins this tournament to make him look less like a joke before his (hopeful) defeat by Ash in the Unova League, and since I don't see Ash winning here (even though I don't see him winning the League) and sure hope to Arceus that Iris doesn't win - considering that she didn't even deserve to get this far in the first place, not after winning at least two rounds of the tourney with a disobedient dragon that she just caught.

Wow, you have no idea how annoyed I am about the fact that Iris made it this far with the last minute powerful Pokemon catch, I maybe wouldn't mind if she did it with all the Pokemon she had before and trained hard with them but she did it the other way great. It should just be Ash V.S Trip, I swear if its Trip V.S Iris I will flip and it will make no sense, what will Iris gain from all this? Nothing. Ash or Trip have more to get out of this and I'm not even a Trip fan but I'll root for him more out of this tournament than Iris and only cuz of how things were done again! They should do the same things they do with other that they do with other trainers, just train your freakin Pokemon and use them all in the tournaments or whatever, don't just catch a Powerful Pokemon last second and forget all the other Pokemon you have suddenly and UGH!! I'm mostly rooting for Ash, since I know they like having him loose this series than I'm rooting for Trip over her, my luck Iris will freakin win >>
    Caseydia likes this.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

This Dragonite thing is the biggest Deus ex machina I've ever seen. Contrived as hell, and a cheap way to give Iris a few wins without actually having to do anything.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Trip is more likely to win than Iris probably so he would actually be a legitimate threat in the Unova League. And about Iris, is it really her that has gone far into the tournament, or is it really her Dragonite? As Chiplet said earlier, Georgia's Beartic and Dawn's Mamoswine battling Iris's Dragonite is no different than them battling a super powerful wild Dragonite. Since Dragonite won't listen to Iris, it is doing all the work and has arguably gotten far in the tournament single handily. Hopefully, Dragonite loses to either Ash or Trip so that it realizes the benefits of battling with a trainer.
    Caseydia likes this.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

You know what.

I'm starting to think the writers are trying to do a "Take That!" to the people who play Pokémon who use a psuedo-legendary with moves like Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Flamethrower, and Surf.

And if Iris's Dragonite has Flamethrower.......

On topic, while it is surprising Trip did not lose, Iris advancing is just Wallace Cup 2.0. It will be, however...

Iris VS Trip.
    Ash VS CoTD

~or~

Ash VS Trip.
    Iris VS CoTD.

~or~

Ash VS Iris
    Trip VS CoTD

Either Ash, Iris, Trip, or CoTD will advance.

If the CoTD is garbage, then, oh well.

If the CoTD is Tobias 2.0, and defeats Iris, then...

..ok? If Ash, then what?
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)