PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 5

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 421
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

  1. #61
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura7541 View Post
    I think it's guaranteed that Ash will beat Iris so that the rivalry between him and Trip will finally be reignited. And yeah, what's with Iris's disobedient Dragonite being able to defeat two ice types despite its huge shortcomings? I was really hoping Dawn faces Ash since her skill level is closest to that of Ash's (DP version).
    It also makes Dawn's entire inclusion in this tournament seem pointless. May's inclusion in the Wallace Cup made far more sense than this and she lost in the finals. Dawn being knocked out early means she also only gets two battles.

    But as for this, I do think Trip will find so he faces Adeku. As long as Ash beats him in the league I'll be happy.

  2. #62
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    What do Ash, and Trip have that can defeat Dragonite? At this point they probably could beat Excadrill, Emolga, and Axew. But, Dragonite? They don't have anything.

    It still baffles me that they gave Iris this Pokemon before the tourney, while everyone else is using Pokemon they've trained up till now. I don't know exactly what the heck they were thinking. Just seems like some forced marketing of Iris role in BW2.

  3. #63
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    4,746
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    So the semifinals will probably be Ash, Iris, Trip, and a generic COTT. My guess is that Ash and Trip will face in the semis while Iris and Trip will fight in the finals.

  4. #64
    Load of Belloni
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    I find it hard to believe that this is the end of the world tournament episodes, otherwise, what was the point in making it such a prominent part of in the opening?
    This is the junior tournament, so perhaps a certain amount of trainers can win here and go on to more advanced ones at different stadiums or something? That'd explain why all three of them are mentioned in the title.

    I tend to agree with the general consensus that it's really lame how far Iris is getting through this. I hope there are repercussions for Dragonite's behaviour later on. If this were any other saga, I'd be willing to bet there would be. But Best Wishes...man, just what the fuck are you doing?

  5. #65
    Registered User Aura7541's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    It also makes Dawn's entire inclusion in this tournament seem pointless. May's inclusion in the Wallace Cup made far more sense than this and she lost in the finals. Dawn being knocked out early means she also only gets two battles.

    But as for this, I do think Trip will find so he faces Adeku. As long as Ash beats him in the league I'll be happy.
    Yeah, her early exit is really disappointing. I was hoping that she and Ash face each other mainly so the writers could put the Oshawott vs. Piplup rivalry to rest. It was getting old and a bit annoying. I was excited when Dawn came back, but since the writers just have her return with an almost non-existent role, they were better off not having her return in the first place. Unless, she stays a bit longer, maybe she joins Ash and company in trying to stop Team Rocket's shenanigans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    What do Ash, and Trip have that can defeat Dragonite? At this point they probably could beat Excadrill, Emolga, and Axew. But, Dragonite? They don't have anything.

    It still baffles me that they gave Iris this Pokemon before the tourney, while everyone else is using Pokemon they've trained up till now. I don't know exactly what the heck they were thinking. Just seems like some forced marketing of Iris role in BW2.
    Ash had defeated a Dragonite before, but that was a long time ago, not to mention, it almost took his entire team to take it down. At least he has some experience on battling a Dragonite. If this Iris going far in the tournament with a Dragonite thing is a marketing stunt, I'll not be surprised, but nevertheless be quite pissed. The games are selling well. What's the point of trying to promote them even further?
    Flare Blitz likes this.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    mississippi, usa
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    I'm not surprised that Iris beat Dawn so much as I'm surprised Iris is featured prominently in the third title in a row of this tournament; she's really gotten the focus, from that perspective. So I would rather the writers just go ahead and give her the win rather than at the last moment give some pretense that Ash's involvement really was important (and that extends to Shooti as well, since his winning more directly affects Ash's journey). :o I just hope there's some direction with what's going on. If all of this development for Iris has been just to show that she's been training or is strong and has nothing to do with the actual champion stuff, then this is really unfair to Ash, because the description of this tournament is something that should have focused on him or really elevated where he's standing. So, considering that and how early this is in BW2, I think/really hope something happens for Iris that really pushes the status quo, beyond just being super powerful in spurts, if only so that something like this doesn't happen again 10 episodes down the road when the writers will feel like that they have to prove Iris's worth again. Please prove it here, and be done with it until Iris is ready to finish whatever she's supposed to be doing.

  7. #67
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    I just noticed that this is the 4th episode in a row with Iris being in the title. I guess that's a new record.
    The Froakster likes this.

  8. #68
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    I think if this is where Ash's Krok evolves it could take down Dragonte.
    Gengarzilla likes this.

  9. #69
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    This is the junior tournament, so perhaps a certain amount of trainers can win here and go on to more advanced ones at different stadiums or something? That'd explain why all three of them are mentioned in the title.
    If this were the case, it would make Iris Ash's new rival for the post-league saga.

  10. #70
    Moe
    Moe is offline
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I think if this is where Ash's Krok evolves it could take down Dragonte.
    While that would make sense because it needs to evolve at some point - what an idiotic Pokemon choice that would make. Ash has already done the ground vs flying type thing to terrible results, are we supposed to expect that a Dragonite that couldn't be defeated by a Beartic or Mamoswine can be defeated by a Krokorok that lost to a Swoobat?

    I expect you're totally right.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

  11. #71
    Subete wo kagayakasu MizuTaipu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,258
    Blog Entries
    61

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Predictably, Iris will win this tournament again. Why are the producers hell-bent on making Iris win all the time? What's wrong with her losing especially since it is very realistic for her to do so given the circumstances she's in? What's with the erratic character development?
    Caseydia and The Froakster like this.

  12. #72
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    Predictably, Iris will win this tournament again. Why are the producers hell-bent on making Iris win all the time? What's wrong with her losing especially since it is very realistic for her to do so given the circumstances she's in? What's with the erratic character development?
    Well Trip is probably going to win the tournament, not that that's a good idea either but nobody really cares.

    Ash needs to defeat Iris at some point in BW.

  13. #73
    Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    I think it's a sad day when the writers throw in the trash can all the concepts that they have built over the years to promote Iris and her role in B2W2. I mean, Charizard's disobedience cost a League match for Ash, Mamoswine's disobedience cost the Lilypad Contest for Dawn, but Iris is only gaining from Dragonite.
    I feel sorry for the Trainers who really work hard and train their Pokémon; we already have two victims of Iris and her almighty Dragonite, and the number may possibly increase. Prepare yourself for the Unova League, Iris will pull out a badge case from her hair, catch a Rayquaza and win the whole thing.
    Aura7541, Caseydia, Piplup and 9 others like this.

  14. #74
    Registered User Aura7541's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Ash needs to defeat Iris at some point in BW.
    Well, this episode is the perfect time for him to do that because of all the people who I want to beat Iris, it's Ash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikuri View Post
    I think it's a sad day when the writers throw in the trash can all the concepts that they have built over the years to promote Iris and her role in B2W2. I mean, Charizard's disobedience cost a League match for Ash, Mamoswine's disobedience cost the Lilypad Contest for Dawn, but Iris is only gaining from Dragonite.
    I feel sorry for the Trainers who really work hard and train their Pokémon; we already have two victims of Iris and her almighty Dragonite, and the number may possibly increase. Prepare yourself for the Unova League, Iris will pull out a badge case from her hair, catch a Rayquaza and win the whole thing.
    It would be really cool if Lance pops out of nowhere and teaches Iris the real way of battling with a Dragonite. Just someone, anyone, bring Iris back down to Earth. All jokes aside, I agree with you, this has gone really outrageous.

  15. #75
    Registered User Chiplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    952
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    I could just scream. I'm that happy.

    I was like 99% positive that Dawn would win the battle against Iris. I mean, it would only be strange if they brought back a female protagonist from a previous saga without giving her some time to shine. This World Cup would apparently serve as the perfect opportunity to actually give her a chance to shine during her cameo (and completely ignoring the fact that she's a Coordinator, lol), and yet the writers decided not to utilize this tournament for her sake. That's just marvelous. I'm glad that it didn't serve as some cameo-character-glorifying-tournament. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for her to advance further than to the second round here. Even though it's true that there really is no reason for neither Iris or Dento to advance further either, they are still part of the main cast, and still have development to go through. And now, with the addition of Dragonite to Iris' team this victory streak for Dragonite might lead up to something later after the tournament has ended. As long as Dragonite remains disobediant, that is. I fear that Dawn will somehow try to help Iris and Dragonite during their battle, having the problem being solved that early would just feel both pointless and boring.

    With this title being revealed, I finally got my hopes back up now. This might not turn into a Mikuri-Cup fiasco after all. I couldn't be happier. Of course, I still feel rather indifferent towards Dragonite since poor Axew isn't getting a single battle here from the looks of things, but I'll save my judgement until after the episodes actually have aired. Who knows, the capture of Dragonite might prove to be beneficial for Axew later on in the story.

    Funny how the writers barely care for Dawn here. I guess people were right after all in saying that the only reason she was brought back was due to Piplup. Oh well.
    HumanDawn likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •