PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 23

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

The only thing I'm bitter about is how Axew, who just learned a new move, is taking a seat in the background. The little dude definitely deserves to battle. :/

Wouldn't hurt seeing Emolga either. Her battle against Sawk was great imo, and she also put up quite the fight against Swadloon, so seeing her in action once more would be nice.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    The only thing I'm bitter about is how Axew, who just learned a new move, is taking a seat in the background. The little dude definitely deserves to battle. :/

Wouldn't hurt seeing Emolga either. Her battle against Sawk was great imo, and she also put up quite the fight against Swadloon, so seeing her in action once more would be nice.
    I'm hoping for some Axew and Emolga action in the Meoletta two-parter. This tournament's all Dragonite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post

I'm hoping for some Axew and Emolga action in the Meoletta two-parter. This tournament's all Dragonite.
    Yeah, that's true. Hopefully, if we actually will get to see Iris battling Drayden, she'll use her whole team.

Speaking of character's teams, I really hope Trip won't use Serperior throughout the whole tournament. I love Serperior and all, but I'm curious to see what other Pokémon he's got. I bet most of them have evolved by now. I'd love to see him use Frillish/Jellicent in battle again. That thing is like the best Water-type in Gen V, and I seriously must see it being used in battle again. Wouldn't mind seeing Tranquill/Unfezant again either. Trip used some cawl tactics with it in their last battle, and seeing Ash's Unfezant battling it would be nice. I love when two Pokémon of the same species battle.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's true. Hopefully, if we actually will get to see Iris battling Drayden, she'll use her whole team.

Speaking of character's teams, I really hope Trip won't use Serperior throughout the whole tournament. I love Serperior and all, but I'm curious to see what other Pokémon he's got. I bet most of them have evolved by now. I'd love to see him use Frillish/Jellicent in battle again. That thing is like the best Water-type in Gen V, and I seriously must see it being used in battle again. Wouldn't mind seeing Tranquill/Unfezant again either. Trip used some cawl tactics with it in their last battle, and seeing Ash's Unfezant battling it would be nice. I love when two Pokémon of the same species battle.
    Yeah, I'm hoping that he says that he traded Unfezant for a Braviary this episode because having the same 2 regional birds is boring. Plus, Braviary is a badassmon that needs to debut already. If Serperior sweeps this battle and tournament, only he would be shown to be stronger out of Trip's team. He can't be hyped well for the league if only 1 of his Pokemon is shown to be a threat to Ash.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm hoping that he says that he traded Unfezant for a Braviary this episode because having the same 2 regional birds is boring.
    Well, even though I'd love to see Braviary, I still think it's kinda cool that they both have the same Pokémon. But if they won't have a battle with the two of them, it won't be as interesting. That's the main reason to why I'd like it. :/

If Serperior sweeps this battle and tournament, only he would be shown to be stronger out of Trip's team. He can't be hyped well for the league if only 1 of his Pokemon is shown to be a threat to Ash.
    Hm. Never thought of it in that way, I guess you're right. I wonder what Pokémon he'd use if he actually would battle Alder in the end. Probably Serperior again, since that his ace.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm hoping that he says that he traded Unfezant for a Braviary this episode because having the same 2 regional birds is boring.
    Well, even though I'd love to see Braviary, I still think it's kinda cool that they both have the same Pokémon. But if they won't have a battle with the two of them, it won't be as interesting. That's the main reason to why I'd like it. :/
    They already did it with Skyla's Unfezant. It's why I think it would be boring if he used the same here or in the league later to hype it up.

If Serperior sweeps this battle and tournament, only he would be shown to be stronger out of Trip's team. He can't be hyped well for the league if only 1 of his Pokemon is shown to be a threat to Ash.
    Hm. Never thought of it in that way, I guess you're right. I wonder what Pokémon he'd use if he actually would battle Alder in the end. Probably Serperior again, since that his ace.
    I think so too. But maybe Trip will realize that using the same Pokemon would mean that Alder already tested its strengths and weaknesses and use a different Pokemon instead.

I'd love variety.

Blog Entries

They already did it with Skyla's Unfezant. It's why I think it would be boring if he used the same here or in the league later to hype it up.
    Hey, it was Tranquill that battled Unfezant, it hadn't evolved yet. Not to mention that Ash quickly switched it out for Pikachu, so they never got to finish the battle.

I think so too. But maybe Trip will realize that using the same Pokemon would mean that Alder already tested its strengths and weaknesses and use a different Pokemon instead.

I'd love variety.
    It's possible. As Alder has seen Serperior in all of its previous battles, it would make sense for him to switch out for someone else. He should probably use Conkeldurr. That thing screams for a fourth humiliating loss.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cynthia is apparently going to help her. Iris doesn't know squat about how to deal with the situation, so Cynthia is apparently going to show her what she's doing wrong so her plot develops. Pure plot convenience...? What?
    Well, if this is true, then that certainly would be a first. :P Let's see if she truly will learn something new here for a change - or if it just leads to Iris using skills she already possesses again.

Not really...

Characters don't need to suffer loses in battles to develop. Experience is what you need.
    Losing is part of the learning experience; it's not all about winning everything. If Iris doesn't learn anything from winning with a Pokemon she just learns to control, then there's no development, only a wasted opportunity for development. And frankly, I don't see what she could possibly learn from simply convincing her Dragonite to start obeying her mid-battle - especially not if it gets resolved by our worst fears.

But again, I guess we'll just have to see what transpires with Cynthia. But I'm still not holding my breath, since every time we hope for something to change with Iris, the worst case always does instead.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 5th August 2012 at 10:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Wut is this title spoiling everything...

Anyways, I'm hoping to see an epic battle with Iris and Dragonite getting along - even if it is temporary

Moe
    Blog Entries

Because Cynthia saying 'Hey Ash, why not show her how you trained Gible' would be too perfect of a plot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Because Cynthia saying 'Hey Ash, why not show her how you trained Gible' would be too perfect of a plot.
    But... Wouldn't that be cheap on Iris' side? Ash just telling her what to do it step by step? Wouldn't it be better if Iris found out for herself :P? That would be the most horrendous plot ever.... Ash giving the answers to Iris throughout her whole journey. I hope that with Cynthia it's handled well.

Ash beating Iris with his Krokorok evolving makes me not want him to win this tournament. Hopefully Trip will stop that.

Moe
    Blog Entries

While I realise there's probably some sarcasm there - you'd think it would be natural to learn something off your travelling partners?

Ash has seen many and defeated a few Dragonite, has experience training a Dragon type and has experience dealing with Pokemon disobeying - every single component of this storyline with Iris has already been done with Ash, yet he's never given the chance to show that off.

The fact it takes yet another damn mid-battle evolution to finish the job off only compounds that problem, he wins with luck when he could just have easily won with skill and experience.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post

The fact it takes yet another damn mid-battle evolution to finish the job off only compounds that problem, he wins with luck when he could just have easily won with skill and experience.
    Other than Pikachu, how would he have defeated this Dragonite? The only other Dragonite he defeated took him 5 of his Pokemon.

So tell me, how was Ash going to beat this thing in their current state? Keep in mind this Dragonite has: Flamethower, Ice Beam, Dragon Rage, and Thunder Punch, while also having the ability to fly. Most of Ash's Pokemon don't stand a chance against it. It doesn't have to do with a lack of training. Iris was just given a super-strong Pokemon, whose strength has nothing to do with Iris' training.

Obviously if Ash had no skill he would have still lost to this Dragonite. It's not considered "Luck", otherwise people in the show would be complaining about how his Pokemon evolving mid battle is "luck". His Grotle and Chimcahr evovled against Paul, and he still lost. Elekid evolving wasn't considered luck, and neither was Staravia.
    Last edited by Masurao; 7th August 2012 at 08:30 PM.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Other than Pikachu, how would he have defeated this Dragonite? The only other Dragonite he defeated took him 5 of his Pokemon.
    Keep in mind this Dragonite has: Flamethower, Ice Beam, Dragon Rage, and Thunder Punch.

Snivy = Dead
    Oshawott= Dead
    Leavanny = Dead
    Scraggy = Dead
    Unfezant = Dead
    Boldore = Dead
    Palpitoad.

Dragonite is essentially winning by rampaging - confusing it with Supersonic then going defence and hitting it from a distance with Hydro Pump would be a good battle strategy. Learning Hyper Voice would be a fairly logical and reasonable additional attack that could also deal decent damage in the battle situation - also from long range.

So tell me, how was Ash going to beat this thing without some massive powering up?

Obviously if Ash had no skill he would have still lost to this Dragonite. It's not considered "Luck", otherwise people in the show would be complaining about how his Pokemon evolving mid battle is "luck". His Grotle and Chimcahr evovled against Paul, and he still lost. Elekid evolving wasn't considered luck, and neither was Staravia.
    The problem is that Krokorok is weak to Ice and all his offensive moves apart from Stone Edge require that he get up close to Dragonite, which can fly away - the same problem he faced in his battle against Skyla. Stone Edge also being a Rock-type move that Dragonite resists. Sure, it also resists water, but at least Palpitoad isn't weak to any of Dragonite's attacks.

As a logical choice, Krokorok isn't the best option, he's not the worst (that's probably Snivy) - but it's luck based on considering the chances of winning without the evolution. Sure, it's not like Ash has never won before on luck, but in most of those cases he had reasonable or at least outside hope of winning in those situations - the luck is usually the bonus that gets him over the line in a tough battle, not the basis for the whole battle.

Do you reckon the'll squeeze in Ash & Trips battle in the ep or start it and continue it in the next ep, and then having the victor facing alder? I don't imagine the other semi will take up much time

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)