PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 22

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    His name would be in the title if he had won.
    Not necessarily true. Nonetheless, I guess you're right.

Blog Entries

Unless Cilan lost to Trip, or Ash in the second round...I really doubt they'll have him lose to a CoTD. Just because he's not in the title doesn't automatically mean he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Poor Satoshi, he hasn't been able to win anything important in Isshu.
    Yeah, 'cause the Gym Battles were totally not important or anything, they were just some random battles that have absolutely no influence on his goal of getting to compete in the Unova League. :p

If anything, the Gym Battles are way more important than any tournament that the gang has participated in, and this is due to the fact that the Gym Battles actually help Ash advancing further in his goal, while these tournaments will grant you nothing more than the ''honor'' of winning and some fancy items that the characters never uses.
    Well, Gym battles are obviously very important, but we all know he's going to get them eventually in every region and they're not particularly hard to obtain. Really, Gym leaders are there to be defeated. I think Dent even said it once XD Winning a tournament is a lot harder than getting Gym badges, anyway, since most of the trainers there have badges or are strong enough to have them if they wanted to.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

Yeah, 'cause the Gym Battles were totally not important or anything, they were just some random battles that have absolutely no influence on his goal of getting to compete in the Unova League. :p

If anything, the Gym Battles are way more important than any tournament that the gang has participated in, and this is due to the fact that the Gym Battles actually help Ash advancing further in his goal, while these tournaments will grant you nothing more than the ''honor'' of winning and some fancy items that the characters never uses.
    Well, Gym battles are obviously very important, but we all know he's going to get them eventually in every region and they're not particularly hard to obtain. Really, Gym leaders are there to be defeated. I think Dent even said it once XD Winning a tournament is a lot harder than getting Gym badges, anyway, since most of the trainers there have badges or are strong enough to have them if they wanted to.
    What does that have to do with anything? I wasn't questioning the level of difficulty, all I said was that Gym Battles are still far more important than the tournaments are. At least to Ash.

Winning a tournament might be tougher, but no matter how many tournaments that you win/participate in, you still won't get any closer to reaching your goal of becoming a Pokémon Master if you do not participate in any Gym Battles. So, naturally they serve a much bigger importance than what these mini-tournaments do, right?
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

What does that have to do with anything? I wasn't questioning the level of difficulty, all I said was that Gym Battles are still far more important than the tournaments are. At least to Ash.

Winning a tournament might be tougher, but no matter how many tournaments that you win/participate in, you still won't get any closer to reaching your goal of becoming a Pokémon Master if you do not participate in any Gym Battles. So, naturally they serve a much bigger importance than what these mini-tournaments do, right?
    I think these tournaments help prepare Ash for the Unova league. He's facing competent trainers that he'll probably meet in the league. It's good practice for him and his Pokemon. If he wins a tournament the other trainers will take him more seriously.

On a side note, I can't believe Iris just spams Dragonite throughout the entire tournament, doesn't she remember her other Pokemon? Anyways, with her losing this pretty much confirms Trip will win the tournament. They've got to make him a threat somehow.
    Caseydia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by foxh214 View Post
    On a side note, I can't believe Iris just spams Dragonite throughout the entire tournament, doesn't she remember her other Pokemon?
    Apparently, she does not. You'd think that after witnessing her Dragonite completely disobeying her in the first round, she would be hesitant to use Dragonite again, but nope.

To make matters worse, it looks like her Dragonite is obeying her without question in the BW92 comic. Once again, that is just poor writing and character development. The writers might as well not have brought the disobedience problem up at all since it looks like it is going to be resolved near the end of BW91.

Seeing Cilan lose to Trip, after Cilan whupped him in their last battle, would actually be pretty cool if you ask me.

A match between him and Iris might be cool too.
    Caseydia and martianmister like this.

I never said they weren't important, I just take them for granted because I know he'll get them anyway.
    But since we could spend hours and hours on this pointlessly, I'll just say Satoshi hasn't won anything important other than gym battles in Isshu and leave it at that.
    Phoenixphlare likes this.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

I think these tournaments help prepare Ash for the Unova league. He's facing competent trainers that he'll probably meet in the league. It's good practice for him and his Pokemon. If he wins a tournament the other trainers will take him more seriously.
    Why, of course they help him prepare. Every battle a Trainer goes through means that he gains experience, but as I've already stated lots of times, that does not change the fact that the tournaments still won't help him advance any further in reaching his goal to participate in the Unova League, right? The Gym Badges are the key factors to that goal, not the tournaments.

I never said they weren't important, I just take them for granted because I know he'll get them anyway.
    But since we could spend hours and hours on this pointlessly, I'll just say Satoshi hasn't won anything important other than gym battles in Isshu and leave it at that.
    Stating that Ash hasn't won a single important thing in Unova as of yet was really implying for you to not consider Gym Battles to be important. We all know that he'll win every Gym Badge, but that won't in any way decrease the badges importance for his goal. Also, I could state other battles that were very important for both his character and his Pokémon, like the battle he had with Suwama for an example. But I guess that it depends from what perspective you look at things.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now that I have thought about this thoroughly, I will now state my final theory on Cilan's fate in the tournament. Im calling it right now, Trip wipes the floor with Cilan in the Second Round. At least that is the only way I see it happening when it comes to who could have possibly knocked off Cilan in round 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    His name would be in the title if he had won.
    Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to give opinions on how an episode unfolds simply based on titles... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    He advanced in the second round. Do we have confirmation that he lost in that round?
    Personally, I think it could be that Dent's name isn't in the episode title because his semifinal battle against Shooti isn't in this episode, but the previous one. I think this week has made it very clear that they're not going to showcase battles involving two CotD or a main character/rival against a CotD, that in this tournament, they're only going to showcase battles between two main characters/rivals, and I don't think they'll spend the entire episode on Kairyu v Mammoo. I think Dent will either battle Satoshi in the second round, or battle Shooti in either the second round or the semifinals, depending on what the matchups are for the second round. If Satoshi, Cilan and Dent all take out the remaining CotD quickly in one minute battle, I see no reason to think that the first semifinals couldn't be in this episode, especially since the next episode will feature the semifinals and the finals, maybe even the winner's battle against Adeku. Having the semifinals in the previous episode would also account for the scan saying that we would be seeing all three of Dent's Pokémon. Maggyo getting a quick win in the second round and Iwaparesu losing to Shooti in the semis would be ok for me.

Then again, if it's a good battle, even if it's a lost, I'd rather see Maggyo get the focus than Iwaparesu. Maggyo's battles against Luke and Fuuro were really interesting and unusual, so I think that even if it would mean another loss for Maggyo, I'd rather see him battle and get the focus over Iwaparesu. None of his losses made him look inept or weak, and were really entertaining. So here's hoping for another battle like that.

As for this episode, I'm really curious as to which Pokémon Satoshi and Shooti will use in the finals. If Shooti uses Jalorda, I'd kinda like Satoshi to use Tsutarja, she hasn't had a battle in forever and I'd really like to see her be badass, even if she were to lose, I think the battle could be fun. Otherwise, the bird would be good too. ZURUGGU!
    HumanDawn and Artichoker like this.

During the period of DP,Dawn defeated May too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura7541 View Post
    On a side note, I can't believe Iris just spams Dragonite throughout the entire tournament, doesn't she remember her other Pokemon?
    Apparently, she does not. You'd think that after witnessing her Dragonite completely disobeying her in the first round, she would be hesitant to use Dragonite again, but nope.

To make matters worse, it looks like her Dragonite is obeying her without question in the BW92 comic. Once again, that is just poor writing and character development. The writers might as well not have brought the disobedience problem up at all since it looks like it is going to be resolved near the end of BW91.
    If you want to gain control over your Pokemon you use it over and over again, that is what I think Iris is doing. It gives her character development and makes the tournament interesting.
    HumanDawn and p96822 like this.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A tournament battle is hardly what I would call a good time (or place) to work with a Pokemon's disobedience problems. It could just as easily backfire or change nothing between the two at all, and then Dragonite could just go solo and win the battle for Iris once again. The fact that Dragonite does get over these problems so quickly (as indicated, anyway) is nothing more than pure plot convenience and character derailment - not true character development - for Iris.

Only when Iris is actually eliminated from the tournament does the potential for character development arise - but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    A tournament battle is hardly what I would call a good time (or place) to work with a Pokemon's disobedience problems. It could just as easily backfire or change nothing between the two at all, and then Dragonite could just go solo and win the battle for Iris once again.
    It's a nice price to pay and the perfect opportunity. Strong Pokemon, though challenges for a chance to bond.

The fact that Dragonite does get over these problems so quickly (as indicated, anyway) is nothing more than pure plot convenience and character derailment - not true character development - for Iris.
    Cynthia is apparently going to help her. Iris doesn't know squat about how to deal with the situation, so Cynthia is apparently going to show her what she's doing wrong so her plot develops. Pure plot convenience...? What?

Only when Iris is actually eliminated from the tournament does the potential for character development arise - but I'm not holding my breath on that.
    Not really...

Characters don't need to suffer loses in battles to develop. Experience is what you need.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)