PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 20

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

I'm kind of hopping for a tie if any thing I guess, than maybe Ash/Trip V.S Alder. Than no one really looks bad and I could see more of a rivalry.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't like it if Trip murked Ash yet again, especially since Trip got murked by Cilan and Bianca in the two previous tournaments. Now if Trip were to have knocked off Cilan in this tournament, and I can't see Cilan losing to a Background COTD Trainer which makes it more likely that Trip does beat Cilan given that he is going to the finals to meet with Ash there, then I could take Trip winning this tournament much easier. However, I would still like to see Ash win so that Trip will take Ash more seriously and if Ash can beat Trip both here and in the league, then that will be 2 victories for both sides of the rivalry and one draw and considering this is probably the most stale rivalry we have seen with Ash, maybe it will be a fitting end to thier rivalry once and for all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    I'm kind of hopping for a tie if any thing I guess, than maybe Ash/Trip V.S Alder. Than no one really looks bad and I could see more of a rivalry.
    If it was a tie they'd just battle again until someone won. They wouldn't let things end on a tie with a prize this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    If it was a tie they'd just battle again until someone won. They wouldn't let things end on a tie with a prize this big.
    Now this is some thing I'd love to see ^

Blog Entries

I'm still calling ash winning this tournament.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering this is probably the last chance for the writers to do something with Trip/Adeku, I don't see why they'd pass up having Trip battle him.

They're probably going to do the usual and save Ash's win over Trip for the league where it'll matter the most.

Blog Entries

I think they'll pass it up simply because they haven't taken any previous chances to do something with Trip - chances that have been numerous. People keep thinking that because he's the 'main' rival he's gonna get some focus or a big win, but that's a DP mindset. Like Gary in Johto, Trip hasn't actually done much of anything and I doubt he will until his defeat at the league. Building Trip up pre-league would be good writing, and considering BW has had so little of that I don't think Trip will win.

Even if they wanted to be smart and build Trip, I'd still rather Ash win and I'm pretty sure he will. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash beats Trip here and Trip gets eliminated in the first or second round at the league, ala Gary in Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by WildGamer View Post
    I think they'll pass it up simply because they haven't taken any previous chances to do something with Trip - chances that have been numerous. People keep thinking that because he's the 'main' rival he's gonna get some focus or a big win, but that's a DP mindset. Like Gary in Johto, Trip hasn't actually done much of anything and I doubt he will until his defeat at the league. Building Trip up pre-league would be good writing, and considering BW has had so little of that I don't think Trip will win.

Even if they wanted to be smart and build Trip, I'd still rather Ash win and I'm pretty sure he will. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash beats Trip here and Trip gets eliminated in the first or second round at the league, ala Gary in Kanto.
    I think it's a bit unfair to compare Trip to Johto Gary. Gary had two regions to build his character, and although it wasn't especially well done, we still saw Gary develop over time. He started out as a snob in the first episode, but slowly matured throughout the series (starting with the Viridian Gym Battle and carrying on over to his post-Orange League battle with Ash and finally their battle at the Johto League).

We haven't seen the development in Trip, but I think we'll likely see it right before the League (if not here). He never seems particularly sour over losing, and has shown to be very analytical (the Oshawott closed eye Aqua Jet situation) showing that he's taking all the events up to this point as a learning experience, which contrasts him from the other main rivals who seemed consumed with the idea of gaining strength and never losing. I think we'll see his big move at the League with the Junior World Tournament as a warmup explaining the thought process behind the character.
    Caseydia likes this.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Quote Originally Posted by WildGamer View Post
    I'm still calling ash winning this tournament.
    I wouldn't mind if either won. I think it would be good for their rivalry. Trip might go into a depression if he lost or Ash might beat him in the league if he lost. So I really don't care. I was just afraid that Iris was going to be in the way of them battling after so long.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Due to the Trip/Adeku interactions in the first ep, its now obvious the writers are going to have Trip battle him in the end.

So overall the outcome is kinda obvious. Ash beats Iris (confirmed), Trip beats COTD....then Ash Vs. Trip in the finals with Trip winning. At least we know Ash will beat Trip in the league.

追放されたバカ

Ash will not win. Krokorok evolving and beating Dragonite will be Ash's highlight for this tournament.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well of Course Ash most likely wont beat Trip in this tournament and will most likely beat him in the league. If this happens, I at least hope trip knocked off Cilan beforehand in this tournament becuase if not then it will be an insult to Ash becuase he couldn't do what Cilan, the weakest of the trio of main characters did and beat Trip in this very type of battle. Heck even Bianca who couldn't win a match until the Donamite actually beat Trip, yet Ash can't. It is kinda lame when you really think about it.

Nontheless, I believe Trip will win just to hype him up for the league which sucks, especially considering if Iris had beat Ash here she would most likely would have beaten Trip considering how broken that Dragonite seems.

Hey, I'm just glad Ash beat Iris in this thing even with an evolution I mean its one of those Pokemon thats been having tons of battles and few wins so at least it makes sense. I'd love it if Ash won, it'd make the rivalry maybe more intresting to watch.

I think Shootie's going to win so they can kind wrap-up his little storyline with Adeku. Plus Satoshi needs someone to beat at the league, and as much as I dislike him, Shootie IS the main rival. Poor Satoshi, he hasn't been able to win anything important in Isshu. But I'm fine either way. I'm just glad Iris is going to lose.
    Caseydia likes this.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Poor Satoshi, he hasn't been able to win anything important in Isshu.
    Yeah, 'cause the Gym Battles were totally not important or anything, they were just some random battles that have absolutely no influence on his goal of getting to compete in the Unova League. :p

If anything, the Gym Battles are way more important than any tournament that the gang has participated in, and this is due to the fact that the Gym Battles actually help Ash advancing further in his goal, while these tournaments will grant you nothing more than the ''honor'' of winning and some fancy items that the characters never uses.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)