PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

Yay! THE LAST BATTLE? Ash, Iris, and Trip! Am I dreaming?? #slapped my cheeck# YAY! Trip finally advances to the next round :3 :3 :3

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm not the least bit surprised about... you know. So, I really have nothing to say other than that I kind of hope Trip wins this tournament so Ash... you know.

Blog Entries

Oh wow, the perfect timing Dragonite won. Who could have possibly seen this coming?! Though I do wonder why all three of their names are in the title. Is it going to be a 3 way battle or something?

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

It's probably going to be:

Iris vs CoTD
    Ash vs Trip

Trip vs Iris will be the final. Ash, and Trip have been probably fighting CoTD's up to this point so they'll probably face off here. She'll win, Iris will be the "new rival" or w/e, beat Adler, and become the Champion.
    Last edited by Masurao; 23rd July 2012 at 02:00 AM.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

Kay. Pretty much everything I hoped for in this arc is dashed now. There's pretty much nothing for me to look forward to besides Dawn meeting Burgundy and Georgia.

Okay, I kinda get why Trip's here because they've been neglecting him forever and this is sort of his dream. Ash is here because he's the hero. There's zero reason for Iris to be here unless they are trying to note her role as a Champion in the games. Which isn't needed if you ask me.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

So this means that Trip beat Burgundy and Iris beat Dawn.....

Grrrrrrrrrr..........

So it's confirmed... Iris beats Dawn... excuse me as I go to facepalm 3523456235 times over this
    Oh, writers, poor writers, what happened to you in the move from DP to BW... T_T

Blog Entries

I'm starting to think that three characters in the title means Iris wins against Ash or Trip, followed by her having to drop out because Dragonite goes totally uncontrollably crazy, finally forcing Iris to pay attention to that fact, reinstating the person who lost to Dragonite and then Ash vs Trip being the final battle, despite one of them having lost already. That way, someone other than Iris can win the tournament but still have her overglorified and not actually losing to a main character - and allowing the focus to be totally off Ash and Trip who actually bother to collect badges and train their Pokemon.

So if either Ash, or Trip go against this Dragonite...what do they have to beat it? Not like he's gonna call Charizard to save his ass.

Ash: Leavanny (no), Boldore (negative), Unfezant (nu uh), Scraggy (lol), Palpitoad (ain't gonna), Snivy (hell no), Oshawott (NOT), Pignite (Do pigs fly?)

So really all Ash has is Pikachu, and maaaybe Krokorok if it evolves, learning some dragon moves in the process. It's going to take some serious DEM from these guys to win.

Trip, what is his strongest? Serperior? Yeah, if it had Dragon Tail maybe. Even with that it's going to be a stretch.
    Last edited by Masurao; 23rd July 2012 at 02:29 AM.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I cannot say for certain but im sure it's either gonna be Trip vs Iris with Trip once again trouncing our fine Kanto native or it will be Ash vs Trip with Trip knocking off Iris.

I suppose either way in my honest opinion, Trip should be the most likely competitor to win the whole Junior Cup though i will only accept Trip's victory in this tournament if he redeemed his poor performance in the Donamite and trounced Cilan near flawlessly like he should have done in the Donamite. Likewise Iris is the second most likely to win and the reason although i hate to admit this and with no other choice given the narrowed remaining competitors left, is to denote her Champion Status in the games. This could even mean that there is a slight possibility we will see Iris being the new Champion, which in my opinion, would be the most terrible outcome of these chained events. I can't really see Ash winning the tournament unless Ash beats Trip in the semis, in which he just may lose to Iris in the finals. In my speculative opinion, Ash is the least likely to win of the three.

Ash would have not much to gain by battling Alder while Trip and Iris seem to have a bit more to gain at the very least from doing so. Also, they wouldn't have him beat Trip in the finals but more like they would have him beat Trip in the Semis instead so that Iris may inevitably claim ultimate victory. So what i truly hope for at this point is for the following to be paired like this in the semifinals:Ash vs Iris in which Iris wins and Trip vs Cilan in which Trip wins, making the finalsts Trip vs Iris. Now if this is the case i will call Trip as a Plot-Based Underdog in this fight which he must desperately win. This does one of two things, first it prevents the most undesired outcome that could possibly happen plot-wise and two, this would pave the way for some much needed character development that Trips so desperately needs in which by beating Cilan, he will re-establish himself as a legitimate threat to Ash before the league comes around. In my opinion that would be the best outcome of this tournament.
    Last edited by Five-Gate Omega; 23rd July 2012 at 02:37 AM.

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I think it's going to be Trip vs COTD and Iris vs Ash, so that there is a showdown between Dragonite and Krokorok.

me when it me Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I'm REALLY reaching and speculating here, but maybe there are three characters in the episode title because it was originally going to be, say, Iris vs Satoshi, but for whatever reason, she is disqualified before the match can begin and Satoshi being Satoshi wouldn't be happy with just being handed a victory, and Shooti was the next runner up after that so he took Iris' place.

I can't remember "The Last Battle" ever being used in a tournament episode title, either. Usually it's "Decisive Battle!! X vs X!!" Innnnteresting.
    I hear them coming for me, because the top is lonely

You could be king, but watch the queen conquer

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Oh great, we get a title confirming that Iris battles Dawn, and the next title says that Iris is still in the tournament. It's the Sinnoh Grand Festival all over again.

But I still can't believe that

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It better not be Iris vs Trip final!!!
    -Trip is rookie first , rival later !
    I can't stand he receiving special treatment just because writer obsessed to make him superior rival rather then just a proper rival! It prove that writer doesn't have any creativity So they a Paul's copy rather then try something new!
    If Trip is the main rival then Ash is the Protagonist ! I mean , When it come to treating Ash writer only see him as a person but In Trip case writer see him like extra terrestrial Specie , What type of Justice is That!
    There are a lot anime there Protagonist face someone in a Tournament with much more greater need to Win ! Life & Death type of Need ! But Protagonist beat them anyway so why Looking after Trip so much for a Stupid little promise!
    Even if Trip win this , he still be a pathetic rival who receive special treatment from the writer!

-As for Iris
    Isn't Don Tournament, Beating Dawn & A Dragonite enough for Her ? Gary was a E4 Champion in the game too but he didn't even reach top 16 in League Conference ! So why they Iris so Specially ? Her role in B2W2 has nothing to do with Anime !
    Plus, Ash can consider to be a Future Champion too! Writer doesn't treat him any Special!

If Ash lose this then he gonna prove that he has no skill as trainer and all the credit of his achievement only belong to his pokemon!
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 23rd July 2012 at 04:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    It better not be Iris vs Trip final!!!
    -Trip is rookie first , rival later !
    I can't stand he receiving special treatment just because writer obsessed to make him superior rival rather then just a proper rival! It prove that writer doesn't have any creativity So they a Paul's copy rather then try something new!
    If Trip is the main rival then Ash is the Protagonist ! I mean , When it come to treating Ash writer only see him as a person but In Trip case writer see him like extra terrestrial Specie , What type of Justice is That!
    There are a lot anime there Protagonist face someone in a Tournament with much more greater need to Win ! Life & Death type of Need ! But Protagonist beat them anyway so why Looking after Trip so much for a Stupid little promise!
    Even if Trip win this , he still be a pathetic rival who receive special treatment from the writer!
    Your argument is invalid :P! We know Trip needs to win! And this is good chance for him to battle with Alder!
    Last edited by Aestivate; 23rd July 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast