PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 17

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

It has nothing to do with the episode, so stop bringing it up. And I was talking to everyone.

Blog Entries

When I said "Wait I never called it a DEM" I was asking myself why was defending the label if I didn't use I knew you were talking to everyone.

Anyways what do guys think Satoshi is going to use against Trip personally I dred a Oshawott versus Serpior battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a free internet; I don't see why we should have to stop calling Dragonite the Dragon Ex Machina. It's the speculation thread; information is limited at this point, but we now have seen an example of just how strong Dragonite is in this week's episode, so that combined with what we know will happen in the tournament... I don't see why it's a crime to call DEM bullshit on it.

Even with Dragonite losing here, it doesn't undo the damage done to Dawn and especially Georgia - reducing them to fodder just to hype this thing caught one episode ago. I'd say we're well within our rights to call it whatever we want. Speculation is speculation. Assumptions are likely not to be accurate in certain cases, but again... this is all we can talk about given the limited info we have. For conversation's sake, anything should be fair game as long as it's falling within the reasonable boundaries of the rules.

Anyway, I agree there is no point to gauge certain power levels of Pokemon because Trip has the most powerful weapon of all: the power of plot convenience, because anything related to Alder apparently entitles Trip to butt in and shove the characters more interesting than him under the bus. And I can't help but feel this is going to be a grandiose waste of time when Trip wins and gets to battle Alder.

Comparing this tournament to the Wallace Cup is an insult IMO because at least its purpose was reasonable and made sense, getting Dawn out of her rut losing streak and re-invigorating her Coordinator's spirit. This tournament serves to... coddle Trip, who has had NO screentime since Donamite, so any "progression" being shown from him will come off as cheap and forced as it always does, and feels like a last-ditch effort to make Trip "interesting" or to instill some kind of "meaning" in the rivalry with Ash, which I can't help but feel will be too little, too late. The fact that they axed Bianca and Stephan out of this tournament just screams as an excuse for Trip to even make it past the first round. tl;dr: Trip does not deserve this kind of pandering, and along with Iris' overpowered Dragonite have effectively screwed this entire tournament.
    Last edited by Iteru; 28th July 2012 at 03:36 PM.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Trophies

I think viewers want to see a battle with alder and although it may show trip battling with alder, I wont be surprised if ash wins just to show the battle with alder.

But if we were to forget about the battle about Alder, I'd say that Trip is most likely to win. It wont end in a draw again I dont think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    For conversation's sake, anything should be fair game as long as it's falling within the reasonable boundaries of the rules.
    Which none of this is. This is not a free internet, and you don't get to just say whatever you want. We're all tired of the constant off topic complaints, so get back to the episode.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As powerful as it has been shown so far, Dragonite nearly lost to a wild Hydreigon and got its wing bruised just from one of Hydreigon's attacks. That attack rendered Dragonite so weak that it was barely able to stand up during its debut episode. Dragonite is powerful, but like all pokemon there is a limit to its strength. Aside from the fact that Iris didn't train the pokemon herself, I don't see the big deal in Dragonite winning its first two matches. Dragonite is a capable battler and can use numerous attacks of different types. Both of Dragonite's first opponents in this tournament are powerful in their own right too, but there have been times when Beartic and Mamoswine lost in battle as well.

I'm not a fan of mid-battle evolutions, and I certainly do not like that we are getting another one, but Krookodile does have the potential to defeat Dragonite. Krokorok was able to defeat a Jellicent and Brycen's Beartic, two fully-evolved pokemon with type advantages against it and presumably years of experience in battle. Similarly, Dragonite will win against two opponents that also have that advantage. Comparatively speaking, Krokorok should be roughly equal in strength to Dragonite after it evolves into Krookodile.

There is a reason why the writers wanted Ash, and not Iris, to advance to the finals of this tournament.
    HumanDawn and 투 애니원 like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

To clarify: We're not blanket-banning the term DEM, it's just we don't have much more information than the thread titles of how Kairyu wins its battles. When we have more information on the subject it'll be more topical to discuss the content of the battles of themselves, but as we have no information on the content of the battles, we'd rather not have the term DEM thrown around the way it's been thrown.

Hang tight and speculate on what we DO know instead of what we don't. You're free to make predictions, just don't dismiss other possibilities, as this can discourage constructive, polite discussion.

In terms of this specific preview thread, Kairyu ends up losing anyway.

And if you really feel so strongly about a situation we don't really know much about yet - debate threads are your friend. Very specifically, you can talk about Kairyu's character in the Iris debate thread. It's just not topical here until we get more info.

Thanks, all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    There is a reason why the writers wanted Ash, and not Iris, to advance to the finals of this tournament.
    If that reason entails Ash losing to Trip just to set up another battle a few episodes later, then it isn't a good reason. I do hope that Ash will at least be eligible to enter future World Tournament cups, and that said cups will have as little as possible in common with this one.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Well I think the fact that Ash is winning a battle against a pokemon just caught through a mid-battle evolution AGAIN does not make him a stronger trainer. It just means the writers did the promotion they could with keeping in mind that Ash is the main character seemingly wanting the fans to believe: having Ash progress and supposedly get stronger, get Trip some realistic relevance as a competitor and not make Iris seem like overkill. Which I think is very ass backwards considering what will go on up to this episode that IS confirmed.

There.

That's my opinion on something we DO know.
    Aura7541 and Duque like this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

I'm really glad Krokorok didn't seem to learn a new, powerful Dragon-type move upon evolving. Winning with a move it already had access to is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Masurao; 28th July 2012 at 07:33 PM.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Wyvernphlare;4224706]Called it guys Iris lost. Whoot whoot! I'm pretty sure trip is going to win but whatever. But maybe just maybe Ash could win give his chance to battle Alder to Trip. Trip loses then he goes off training instead of entering the league and he is never seen again instead Ash fights Stephan or his new rival for his final win.

I like this response, to be honest it sounds like something Ash would do to a person that has treated him like dirt since episode 1. Ash knows that Trip really wants to face his idol (well former idol) in battle because it would be something to help him on his journey.

To be honest, I really don't want Ash to face a Champion until the actual Champion league, you know if they ever give more insight into it along with Ash acutally being able to compete in it. Ok, only reason I say that is because Cynthia mentioned she can't wait to see him and Paul compete it in. But to get back on track; Ash beats Iris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally take that girl down a few pegs along with Dragonite, but lately she's been giving Ash some of the credit he deserves but that's just me seeing how she supported him in his last gym match.

Let's see reasons Dragonite may lose (just my opinions here) and I know not to judge a Pokemon's levels due to plot inconsistency and other factors; I think like some of you have mentioned that either in the battle with Dawn or in-between matches it starts to listen to Iris and I think that is what led to the downfall.

Let's be honest here when a Pokemon is wild and untamed it is a force to be reckoned with (not impossible to take down but still a tough egg to crack) due to its unpredictability in attacks along with its all or nothing attitude due to being a battler that works alone. Look at Excadrill, it battled by itself and lost to Beartic or Charizard against Poliwrath it lost (back in the episode where it began to listen to Ash in the Orange Islands).

A better example is this for any Power Ranger fans from the 90s; notice how the "evil" ranger is able to take down the entire team of rangers and monsters are no match for them but the minute that decide to become "good" and work with the team they are no stronger than them they get their morphers handed to them in no time. Its like one episode they are near invincible but when they decide to go "team-player" mode its all over.

So, I think this is what happens to Dragonite. Even though I think this in-battle evolution is one deserved due to many matches instead of a surprise evolution just from sitting at the professor's lab for episodes becoming almost forgotten.

Blog Entries

I personally don't really mind Trip winning this thing. If he just lost to Ash here, it probably mean Ash would actually lose to him in the league. It might be late, but when Adler and Trip inevitably battle...I just hope we get to see another side to the "main rival" of this series.

Ash will probably get stomped by Trip in the finals. I'm not really expecting a close battle, given they probably want to build up Trip for the league.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh, I am overjoyed about Iris losing to Ash. Maybe Ash isn't so useless this saga after all! Trip needs to leave indefinitely after he beats Ash and battles Alder. I am sick of him. Also, +1 for Krookodile! I can't wait to see it battle.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I personally don't really mind Trip winning this thing. If he just lost to Ash here, it probably mean Ash would actually lose to him in the league. It might be late, but when Adler and Trip inevitably battle...I just hope we get to see another side to the "main rival" of this series.

Ash will probably get stomped by Trip in the finals. I'm not really expecting a close battle, given they probably want to build up Trip for the league.
    Not to mention seeing Trip battle Adeku finally resolves that little subplot once and for all, meaning Trip has no reason to win the league plotwise.

I just hope Ash's win doesn't come cheaply, I'd like to see Dragonite take some damage before going down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Not to mention seeing Trip battle Adeku finally resolves that little subplot once and for all, meaning Trip has no reason to win the league plotwise.
    We'll probably get more of the same "lol boonies" from Trip after he beats Ash here.

I'm not sure what will come out of Trip battling Adler, but I don't think it'll be too bad. The last episode of the tournament will likely be devoted to the battle with Adler, so I'm interested to see what happens ...even if it is a bit late to make Trip interesting.

If Trip is going to be in the finals, I kinda hope Trip battles Cilan, and uses Conkeldurr to beat Crustle. Poor Conkeldurr needs an on-screen win.
    Last edited by Masurao; 28th July 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)