PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 13

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

Has it been confirmed that Ash battles Iris in the finals or something?

Anyway, against Iris, I think Scraggy would be the most logical choice. Why? Because Iris will naturally pick Axew seeing as those 2 or bros and rivals and they're evenly matched so it makes for great Axew training. And plus, at this point ... Iris has a counter to his current team in her roster of 4 Pokemon. Dragonite's known moves can counter most of his Pokemon, Excadrill can also be effective against a number of his Pokemon (best example would be Pikachu) and given how Emogle did in the Don Tourney I'm sure it could use it's attract/ counter fighting style against a few of his Pokemon.

NOT SAYING ASH HAS NO CHANCE at beating Iris! Just saying, if I were in his position, I would go for the baby fight ... just like how last time they ended up going for the Starter fight. Because though he may have a chance at beating Excadrill they would have to do an ass-pull for this Dragonite to go down to anything on his current team. At least the baby fight could go either way or result in and awesome double evolution. Could even end in a tie.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Reivaxe View Post

Anyway, against Iris, I think Scraggy would be the most logical choice. Why? Because Iris will naturally pick Axew seeing as those 2 or bros and rivals and they're evenly matched so it makes for great Axew training.

We've seen a picture on Page 11 that shows Dragonite (again...) and Krokorok getting ready to battle. Sorry, but there probably won't be any baby fight here.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Gengarzilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reivaxe View Post

Anyway, against Iris, I think Scraggy would be the most logical choice. Why? Because Iris will naturally pick Axew seeing as those 2 or bros and rivals and they're evenly matched so it makes for great Axew training.

We've seen a picture on Page 11 that shows Dragonite (again...) and Krokorok getting ready to battle. Sorry, but there probably won't be any baby fight here.
    Oh, well if that's the case then I think Iris is gonna win this thing.
    This tourney has been too focused around Dragonite and Iris for me to think otherwise.

I see Krokorok evolution coming later.

Blog Entries

Oh look:

Something that has actual plot relevance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Ash vs Iris....AGAIN?

Yay me, it's what I've always wanted bro like totally awesome! Lol, it never fails does it. As others have predicted the Krok most likely will evolve here giving Ash the win and allowing him to presumably move on to the finals to face his mighty and powerful rival Trip who is like the best dude ever.

Give me a break. I don't think I'm ready to hear another episode title revealed.

Time to start a DP rewatch to remind myself why I watch this series.....
    Laterna and Trainer Gabriel like this.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm, I don't know if I'd like to see a Trip vs Ash in the finals. One reason is because Trip already beat Ash twice in matches that Ash should not have lost badly in, one case where he should have never lost at all. The second reason is because we have seen Trip lose twice in these 1 vs 1 matches against trainers whom Ash decisively bested before in battle. While having Ash win against Trip here would potentially make Ash lose to Trip at the league, and thus the writers are probably planning to have Ash beat Trip at the league instead if they do face off in this tournament. Also, Trip needs to win this to solidify him as a threat to Ash at the league and re-kindle thier rivalry considering it has been so stale since who knows when.

So i would definitely like to see Iris beat Ash, if only to prevent a Ash vs Trip in this tournament while having Trip vs Iris in the finals, in this case i sincerly hope Trip actually beats Iris and wins the whole darn thing. That way he can solidify himself a threat to Ash before the league and in turn, re-kindle the rivalry between Ash and Trip without having to put Ash to shame to much. And it will give what everyone wants, for Iris not to win this thing and lest we forget Trip could possibly gain development from getting murked by Alder which can happen provided Trip wins the whole thing.

Visit Fieryfurnace's Youtube Channel

You know, this entire tournament to me seems like a let down. It's like a cheap firework really. You know it's going to be a dud, and yet you just have to see it anyway. But that doesn't mean you feel any less disappointed as you watch the sparks shoot outwards limply then fade away, less that that BANG you'd known would never show, but you'd hoped for.

It seems likely Trip will win the Junior Cup, I doubt Ash will, as he has the Unova league. And Iris, maybe. Honestly, choosing between Iris and Trip is like choosing between a rock and a hard place.
    Last edited by Iteru; 27th July 2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Trainer Yusuf likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    From the official site:

Looks like it's Kairyu VS Warubiru. And that means Ash is battling Iris in one of the rounds.

Btw, after a LONG LONG time, TV Tokyo has updated that upcoming episodes section.

And the confirmed title is, サトシ、アイリス、 シューティー!最後のバトル!!
    There's the exclamation points I was missing! :3c

I'll update the title now >.>

But uh... Satoshi vs. Iris really is probably the best scenario, but I'm still kind of peeved that of all people why do Langley and Hikari need to be the fall guys in order for this result :U

Looking forward to Waruvile/Kairyu bonding here. Waruvile has lulz to share.

Blog Entries

I hope they make Ash win

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

I actually like the exclamation points-less title better for some reason.

Predicition: Satoshi wins this battle, loses to Shooti in the finals, and Shooti wins again Adeku and never shows his face in the series again. ^^
    Hidden Mew and Gengarzilla like this.

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

To say I'm Team Ash for this final is the understatement of the century, I don't think I could stomach Iris upstaging the main character a second time. Disobedient Dragonite or not, Ash has yet to defeat Iris in any Pokemon battle - now would be the perfect time.

Who is this git?

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not saying that Dragonite will beat its previous opponents easily (though the way any previous Iris battle has been written so far, I would be highly surprised if there was actual tension and suspense rather than the rushed and forced dreck that's always been present up to this point) - I am not a psychic, but based how incredibly powerful and resilient it was even with an injury in this week's episode, I would say it's not a stretch to assume this just-captured Dragonite will be hyped all to hell and Beartic and Mamoswine are going to be made into examples of that regardless of how long they hold out. These tournaments have a tendency to rush most of the battles because they cram so many together anyway, so I'd almost say it's a statistical impossibility that any of Iris' wins will come out as legit-looking. They could have made this much less contrived just by changing its opponents...

Though people here have brought up another point I forgot to make note of for this particular episode: Iris really is using Dragonite three battles in a row. Wow. They may as well have Iris flip Excadrill off and tell it it's been replaced as the resident powerhouse permanently. Seriously. Really, considering that, I'd really hope that Ash has a real strategy in mind with Krokorok, since he'd probably be one of the first to know that Iris plans on using Dragonite for the entire tournament. Or at least figure by observation that if Iris has no problem using Dragonite against its worst enemy type, she'll most definitely be using it against any other kind of opponent. Really, two Ice-types in a row and throwing two recurring characters (MAIN RIVAL INCLUDED) under the bus to glorify this thing... it's like, somehow I just know if Ash had a Unova-caught Ice-type on his team, they would be making him use it and the writers would then punish Ash for using type logic (as they often have before) by having him lose the battle.

This may be the lesser of two evils, but damn if this scenario isn't bad in its own right.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

Hahaha that would be really funny

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Leavanny, Krokorok, Pikachu... Not a bad selection for this tournament on Ash's part. I wanted him to use some of his other reserves as a third choice, but whatever.

Dragonite is being used yet again, which is not a surprise at all. Considering that Dragonite defeated two Ice-types by itself and that it can use Ice Beam, Krokorok doesn't stand a chance.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Dragonite is being used yet again, which is not a surprise at all. Considering that Dragonite defeated two Ice-types by itself and that it can use Ice Beam, Krokorok doesn't stand a chance.

Either the writers really Ash this series or they like this Dragonite waaaayyy too much.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)