PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 12
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

Quote Originally Posted by wind View Post
    The writers are going to have a pull a rabbit out of their hats for Ash to win this one believably, assuming they want him to win.
    How? Waruvile has Stone Edge, and Satoshi has used Dig a Hole as a defensive measure countless times.

As long as he has a strategy in place (and he can think of one; he'd have seen Kairyuu battle twice at least by this stage) then he should have a decent chance. As much as I think evolution + a new move will happen, I don't think it needs to or should do.

Blog Entries

Satoshi is not a moron, and Waruvile won't get kicked around all of the match, just like how Doryuzu was tired and nearing its limit in the Don Tournament.

He'll obviously get hits in before any evolution moment.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Well considering Ash really has nothing else to combat Dragonite with, and if they want Ash to win here....it'll be an ass-pull victory.

Krokorok will be getting smacked around, and will evolve, learn some Dragon move and win.

That's exactly what I thought, but if it helps wake Iris up a bit then I could let this one slide. Hopefully Kroko lands some hts before then like Unfezant did against Swanna.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

Also, Thunder Punch won't work on Waruvile, and the guy can break out of some ice trapping as shown against Tunbear back in Sekka gym.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't count on continuity suddenly coming into play to help Ash here. And since the writers weren't shy to have an evolution mid-battle for nearly HALF of Unova's Gym Battles, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the only resolution here being that Krokorok evolves in order to beat Dragonite, most likely learning a new Dragon-type move in the process to make it all the more cheap. Dragonite's so far being portrayed as this godly uberbeast that can beat fully-evolved Ice-types - Krokorok alone doesn't really come off as more of a threat than either Beartic or Mamoswine, even if it can subvert the Ice Beam threat. That's not to say I condone Ash only being able to beat Iris via evolution + taking advantage of the fact that Dragonite doesn't listen to Iris. Provided that particular problem is not resolved by the battle with Dawn, and even if Iris loses, we're only going to get... well, this out of Iris:

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion
    So, maybe Iris gets beaten in the semis because she can't control Kairyu, which... what do you say after that? "See, if you had listened to me we could have won the whole thing instead of just getting into the semis, beating my sworn rival and a former Grand Festival finalist"?
    Unless Drayden swoops in from the sky to tell Iris off, there's no real way for this to affect Iris the way a loss should. Provided Krokorok evolves and learns a Dragon-type move and asspulling occurs, I can feasibly see Ash coming out on top because A) it's payback for the Don Battle finals where it was pretty much impossible for Ash to win, and B) so of course Ash and Trip can duke it out in the finals, as Trip gets the free pass via CotD and we all soooooo want to see those two battle again, doooon't we. Because it's such an enthralling rivalry.

Even in a best-case scenario this fails to even remotely placate me. It actually pisses me off.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

We have yet to see its battles against either Tunbear or Mamoswine. Unless there's a scan or something that says Kairyuu beats them easily then I see no reason to assume that its an amazing Pokémon that can't be taken down.

For all we know, it marginally beats the two Ice-types and realises that against Waruvile, it needs the extra judgement from its trainer to be able to win against what is a strategical, eight-badge holder.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

We can't have Iris' Dragonite beating two main cast members in a row.

And I agree with what Iteru has been saying here. Ash isn't a moron. If Krokorok's going to evolve in this episode, I'd personally prefer it happen after defeating Dragonite. Assuming that Ash will advance in the finals of course.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 27th July 2012 at 01:34 PM.

Or Krokorok evolves due to having his sunglasses removed mid battle and goes on an Outrage himself (or Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail/Dragon Pulse, whichever works).
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

It does make one wonder, I have a hard time believeing Dragonite is still being disobedient at this stage. So, one has question if it isn't what was the point of even giving it the problem in the first place?

At any rate, I guess I'm forced to go with the leser of two evils here. I suppose yet another mid-battle evolution is more acceptable than having Iris' last minute gift in the form of Dragonite..winning yet another battle.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Or Krokorok evolves due to having his sunglasses removed mid battle and goes on an Outrage himself (or Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail/Dragon Pulse, whichever works).
    Be An Arrow! showed him still wearing them.

You have no idea how ticked off I am that its Ash V.S Iris again, I was hopping for Ash V.S Trip this time, whats the point in Ash/Trip's rivalry if they aren't ever going to do any thing with it? On top of that, they did cheap wins for Iris here with adding a powerful Pokemon at the last minute. I'd understand more if Iris won with her original team and she trained them before each fight but No!! Lets have cheap wins for her instead. Even if Ash's Pokemon evolves I'd be more fine with that than Iris winning the way she has been. I hate this, Best Wishes 2 whats the point in it? Seems some people were right in it just being another Don Tournament only oddly enough just three episodes with Cynthia in it Oooh special >>
    I'm going to hate this arc if Iris wins, it will be worse than the last time Iris won that Don tournament.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Be An Arrow! showed him still wearing them.
    It may just be the case of them being knocked off mid battle like in his capture episode.

Hypnodance FTW!

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'm not too excited for another Ash vs. Iris match. I guess that it's better than Iris facing Trip since she wouldn't end up in the finals again. I don't really like the idea of Krokorok evolving during the match in order for it to win mainly because I am getting pretty tired of evolutions during the middle of a battle saving Ash from losing. I'd much rather see Ash win with using more strategy like a Dig and Stone Edge combo, but evolving during the match and learning a Dragon type move, most likely Outrage, is unfortunately more likely to happen. Though, even that would be better than Iris winning again. I really don't care to see Ash vs. Trip in the finals, but that seems to be the lesser of the two evils in this case. Hopefully, Krokorok will be able to defeat Dragonite in a believable/satisfying manner, even if it does evolve during the match.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...And Iris is using Dragonite yet again. Use something else, geez. At least be somewhat fair to other trainers, Iris. I hope Krokorok beats the $hit out of Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post

How? Waruvile has Stone Edge, and Satoshi has used Dig a Hole as a defensive measure countless times.

As long as he has a strategy in place (and he can think of one; he'd have seen Kairyuu battle twice at least by this stage) then he should have a decent chance. As much as I think evolution + a new move will happen, I don't think it needs to or should do.
    Based on the power Dragonite was shown to have in its intro episode, plus the fact that it will have beaten two strong ice types on its way to this battle, I really would be surprised to see Ash win, without a real stretch from the writers. :> Not so familiar with BW Ash, but what I've seen of him recently in BW2 is his tying with Dawn when he had the type advantage, and the tie with Larvitar; his last gym battle was also 6 on 3. That's not really a great showcase of Krokorok's battling skills in particular heading into this battle, but this is what the writers have shown about Ash for viewers hopping on the bandwagon at the start of BW2. Ash does not seem to be in superior form. But I'm not just thinking of BW Ash; I don't think Sinnoh Ash would have much of a chance in a 1 on 1 match against this Dragonite with what he has right now. :o Strategy is great, but (and this is a bit of a stretch I realize to use as a defense) Ash had a strategy against Darkrai when he faced it in the Sinnoh semis, and he still lost half his team before he took it down. Power makes a difference. Dragonite's no Darkrai, obviously, but this is a one on one match; and Dragonite looks super strong from its intro episode-or at least to me. The victories it will have had against ice types to get to this point are only going to further that notion, no matter how it wins unless something cheatingly absurd along the scales of old TR intervening occurs. You're supposed to note it takes down 2 ice types on its way here; that's no coincidence. If Ash wins this battle, then, at least to me, he'll have had to have some real huge inspiration to get through.

As an aside, since I don't believe in this argument myself, I think you could counter that if Ash has seen Dragonite battle twice, Iris will be at least as familiar with Krokorok (and probably more). She should have a strategy herself. Also, for Dragonite to come this far, either it has to be SUPER strong, and/or Iris will have had to gotten through to Dragonite a little and implemented some strategy of her own to help pull of her wins against really big disadvantages. :> Dragonite would be either too strong for Ash's strategy to reasonably make a difference, or Iris should be competent enough at her strategy that Ash's strategy won't be so effective.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast