PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 11

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree667Likes

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

Quote Originally Posted by ivantuga2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Um, uhh... sorry for butting in... but... uh.. Wouldn't type-logic technically be obeyed if Dragonite knocked both Mamoswine and Beartic out with Flamethrower? How is type-logic being disobeyed then? It's true that they have a 4x advantage against Dragonite 2x advantage, but that's still not disobeying it.
    Georgia's Beartic has Ice Beam and Icicle Crash, while Dawn's Mamoswine also has Ice Shard, which in a series where type logic matters would be huge factors to defeat Dragonite.
    .....Whiiiiccchhhh Dragonite could deflect with a Flamethrower to later use to defeat Mamoswine and Beartic.

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    .....Whiiiiccchhhh Dragonite could deflect with a Flamethrower to later use to defeat Mamoswine and Beartic.
    Yeeeeaaaaahhhh, and Dragonite TOTALLY can spam Flamethrower as many times as he likes, while Beartic and Mamoswine cannot do the same with their ice attacks. Now that's a fair way to write the matches, not convenient at all.

Now about this episode, why are there three trainers in the title, and "Last Battle" is used for that? I'm not understanding even the logic behind this title, never mind the type logic in BW...
    Last edited by ivantuga2; 26th July 2012 at 07:15 PM.

If this Title and shit Best Wishes as a whole taught me anything, it's that when you have to use a whole tournament just to make characters that are lacking look good, then from the start it really wasn't meant to be.

You see it all the time on TV dramas. A stable relationship with two likeable characters gets ruined when one of these characters in the relationship is made so unlikeable to where the other person is nothing but forced to break up with them later on inevitably. They say it is for good reason, but really it is forced writing. It's kind of how I feel with this whole episode even though it hasn't aired yet.

If it was so real and unrushed why not include Stephan and Bianca as competitors? Why not have Dawn get 3 battles instead of 2?

Anything worth having is worth working hard for. With all 3 finalists in the episode title, you can point out at least 3 things they've done in the past that go against this logic and that's what stinks....

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well in the case of type-matching by attack rather than pokemon then it would make sense if Ice-type attacks are deflected or repeled by a simple Flamethrower from Dragonite. So i would say the battles themselves potentially have a bit of logic behind them because remember, it shouldn't be the pokemon that determine type advantages but the moves that they use that do so. One of the reasons i liked Paul as well as DP series as a whole is that sometime people would use a type with no correlation whatsoever to the opponent's type.

Example:Say when Paul sent out Electabuzz on Brandon's Regirock, Electric moves deal normal damage against Rock types and vice-versa yet Paul was planning to use Brick Break, a super-effective fighting type move which in theory if not in actuality, should deal more damage to Regirock sue to type-advantage of move. So Iris may be aware of Dragonite's weakness to Ice and may be planning to use Flamethrower as an ace in the hole move for opposing the Ice types, so while this makes it so Ice type mons have a 4x type advantage against Dragonite, they still have to contend with Flamethrower which gives Dragonite a 2x type advantage to them as well. No lets look at how well those two types match in the form of attack type vs attack type rather than pokemon type vs attack type. Fire does have the advantage over Ice in type advantage so in theory Flamethrower should overpower any Ice type move under normal circumstances. so i would say that the battles between Iris vs Georgia/Dawn had some logic applied in that sense. However I believe that Iris making it this far still seems questionable if Iris has trouble getting Dragonite to obey her commands.

I will say this, here is hoping for a Trip vs Iris in the finals, maybe Trip can finally take that morbidly o' beast dragon down a few pegs once and for all. Although im hoping Iris trounces Ash first, if only to not make Ash lose to Trip directly before the league
    Last edited by Five-Gate Omega; 27th July 2012 at 05:54 AM.

Blog Entries

I full faith Iris will lose I think in the semis they are not going to have her win twice and they have to make Ash look like a decent trainer somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

If it does come to Waruvile evolving and facing Kairyuu I really don't think it should learn a Dragon move to beat it because that sounds like bad writing to me when an actual strategy in place would be better.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Shootie? you couldn't have just said trip? anyways i think ash will go against trip in the final.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Don't know why but this guide (it's TV Taro, I think) doesn't have "Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty" part in the title, it's just "The Last Battle!!".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails www.dotup.org3244963.jpg  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    That's assuming Trip even uses Serperior in this round, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did for the sole purpose of showing off Dragon Tail (I'd LOL if it functioned exactly like it does in the games and forces Iris to forfeit in a bizarro Volt Switch-type of scenario).
    Joking aside that actually makes sense, as Iris is yet to showcase Kibago's Giga Impact in an actual serious trainer battle. While I am not suggesting Kibago to win against Jalorda, if they are setting up for Shaga battle it would make sense for them to showcase Kibago's strength here, as there isn't much other chances left at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

From the official site:

Looks like it's Kairyu VS Warubiru. And that means Ash is battling Iris in one of the rounds.

Btw, after a LONG LONG time, TV Tokyo has updated that upcoming episodes section.

And the confirmed title is, サトシ、アイリス、 シューティー!最後のバトル!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    From the official site:

Looks like it's Kairyu VS Warubiru. And that means Ash is battling Iris in one of the rounds.

Btw, after a LONG LONG time, TV Tokyo has updated that upcoming episodes section.

And the confirmed title is, サトシ、アイリス、 シューティー!最後のバトル!!
    Oh god.

I wasn't hoping for this to happen at all. I was slightly expecting but I was dreading for this happening.

Chances are this is the last matchup too(remember how Gliscor vs. Drapion was shown on TVTokyo?).
    Shinneth likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

No No No No No! Why Why Why Why! Iris beats Hikari? Really? And how can a newly caught Kairyu beat up Manmoo, with which Hikari spent so much time? Iris is the center of attention again! I'm starting to hate her!

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Ash vs Iris again?

Oh joy.
    Yup.

Where Krokorok will evolve and beat Dragonite

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

With Dragonite's Flamethrower stopping almost any Ice type move in the tournament, a Dragon typed move like Dragon Claw would be great for Krokorok to learn here if it can avoid those Ice Beams. Hell, that reptile beat Brycen's Beartic who IMO is stronger that Georgia's, so I'm pretty sure Kroko's got a good chance here. An evolution would be even better too.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

The writers are going to have a pull a rabbit out of their hats for Ash to win this one believably, assuming they want him to win.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)