PREVIEW: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!! - Page 10
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 421

Thread: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

  1. #136

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Bug Lady
    Um, Leavanny's a dude.

    Ash using one of his four neglected reserves in a four roung tournament makes me think that he'll use the other three as well.
    When I say "Bug Lady" I'm talking about the whole breed .... cause they look female. Get it?

    And "makes me think" =/= any sign that anyone will be doing anything with more Pokemon than they have been shown to be using so far.

  2. #137
    Laziness is a virtue Iteru's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    11,111
    Blog Entries
    88

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    I'm gonna ask that "Should have got Dratini/X" instead goes to the Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release thread. It only occurs the events of this episode in the most hypothetical way possible ("it would be better if it were Dratini" when it could be just as overpowered if not more if the writers wanted), and that's not really a reason to post about it here.
    Last edited by Iteru; 25th July 2012 at 12:29 PM.

  3. #138
    Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bellevue, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    1,248
    Blog Entries
    31
    Add Shinneth on Facebook

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Gee, some people clearly didn't see my unfunny joke segment title part of my last post. :\

    Here's another one, hypothetical Iris vs Trip, Iris uses Dragonite, Trip uses Vanilluxe:

    Trip: "So I have to get through you next. You know, I remember that time you told me about your fear of ice thing or whatever. So I'm going to use THIS in our battle!" *shows of Vanilluxe*
    Iris: "Oh... yeah? Well, I just beat like... TWO Ice-types in this tournament already. With this Dragonite. I'm pretty much over my fear of ice now that I know my murderbeast can blow them all away. So you were saying?" *shows off Dragonite*
    Trip: "... ... ..." *beats basic head into wall over and over*

    Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

  4. #139
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,790

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Gee, some people clearly didn't see my unfunny joke segment title part of my last post. :\

    Here's another one, hypothetical Iris vs Trip, Iris uses Dragonite, Trip uses Vanilluxe:

    Trip: "So I have to get through you next. You know, I remember that time you told me about your fear of ice thing or whatever. So I'm going to use THIS in our battle!" *shows of Vanilluxe*
    Iris: "Oh... yeah? Well, I just beat like... TWO Ice-types in this tournament already. With this Dragonite. I'm pretty much over my fear of ice now that I know my murderbeast can blow them all away. So you were saying?" *shows off Dragonite*
    Trip: "... ... ..." *beats basic head into wall over and over*
    Like I said before, it would be smart of Trip to use an ice type even if Dragonite is an army tank. It goes to show that everyone is using their common sense because no one else carries dragon Pokemon with them in this tournament as of right now, so what else do you think he could use to stop it? If the writers are that dumb to let Dragonite pass another ice type, then they are disrespecting those who uses their heads compare to those who don't all the time.(a.k.a Ash)

  5. #140
    Registered User Cinderfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Oh shit.

    Something just dawned on me looking at the episode title again and how it is a little too convenient that Iris, Trip, and Ash are all here.

    I just realized that most likely the reason why Kenyan and Bel weren't in this thing so that they wouldn't be outshined and so that Iris and Trip can get as far as they could in this tournament without anything or anyone realistically stopping them. Not that anything is realistically stopping them now anyway which is a shame but notice how:

    -Iris beat Kenyan already and with Kenyan having won the last tourney, I doubt the writers wanted him to shine or even wanted him to be downplayed before the League. Trip beating Kenyan may have been overkill and made Kenyan's win last tourney pointless, and Kenyan beating Trip steals Trip's undeserved shine, so Kenyan's out.

    -Bel defeated Trip. As a Bel fan I have no doubt in my mind that she can and hopefully will do it again, but of course with Trip supposedly to be made out as a threat this tourney the writers didn't want to chance Bel taking his shine or him undeservedly(if it ever did happen) ruin her's. Also Iris defeating Bel would be too hard to swallow before the league, which is why Georgia being Iris' rival was an easy punching bag sadly.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 26th July 2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Deleting inapproriate comment

  6. #141
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,082
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Oh look, what little interest in this tournament I had left just died.

    Actually, I'm going try to be a little optimistic here. I think we all assumed that this would be a 4-episodes tournament arc, so when we saw Iris v Hikari for the second episode, we thought it meant that it would be the second round, but if they blitz through this tournament as this seems to be the case, we might only see 1-minute battles or even still shots for the battles that don't involve two main/recurring characters. So maybe this is like the Tsutarja v Komatana battle where Iris v Hikari would be the semis but be in the title as a cliffhanger and get resolve into the last episode, where Iris is defeated and Hikari goes through!

    #denial #no way in hell this is happening

    No, it really looks like Hikari loses in the second round, that Iris/Satoshi/Shooti/Most likely a COTD get to the semifinals. I hope she at least has a good first round match and really gets to showcase her skills as a trainer and a coordinator, but I'm not holding out much hope. I think it's sad that once again, in a tournament, I'm looking forward more to what the actually entertaining and compelling characters like Adeku, Dent, Hikari and Cabernet will bring in terms of interactions and comedy rather than the battles themselves. I don't see how this outcome for the Hikari/Iris match is even remotely interesting. So, maybe Iris gets beaten in the semis because she can't control Kairyu, which... what do you say after that? "See, if you had listened to me we could have won the whole thing instead of just getting into the semis, beating my sworn rival and a former Grand Festival finalist"? Then again, I'm still not dismissing the idea that she actually wins the tournament. I can't actually root for or care about Iris' progress in the tournament with how much there was just nothing prior the tournament that actually justifies these results, nothing that actually makes this interesting or compelling.

    Looking at the three semifinalists... there's just no one in there that I actually want to see win or that I really root for. I'm really hoping the writers are going to throw a major curveball and that those titles are misleading because if they're not, then it's just going to be sad. I'll still predict that Shooti will win the whole thing, he's the person I was seeing win coming in and so he's still my pick, but yeah, I'm not putting an Iris win past the writers.

  7. #142
    This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Other
    Location
    California
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    So Iris beat Dawn in their battle? Looks more and more like the lead girls in the Pokemon anime succeed each other like Roman emperors.

    As said as I am to admit it, if it has to between Iris or Trip to be the winner of this tournament, I'd want it to be Trip. It's depressing to think the writers have managed to make Iris so unlikeable in my eyes that I'd rather see the arrogant-and-jerkass-but-always-superior-to-Ash rival win the tournament over anyone else. I've already given up on Ash winning this tournament, so I'm stuck with a lesser of two evils situation here... kinda like what I have to do every fourth November.
    The White Supremacy Alliance

    - Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

  8. #143
    Math and Pink Lover! Airi-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Troller Zone
    Posts
    176
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by DynoStretch View Post
    So Iris beat Dawn in their battle? Looks more and more like the lead girls in the Pokemon anime succeed each other like Roman emperors.

    As said as I am to admit it, if it has to between Iris or Trip to be the winner of this tournament, I'd want it to be Trip. It's depressing to think the writers have managed to make Iris so unlikeable in my eyes that I'd rather see the arrogant-and-jerkass-but-always-superior-to-Ash rival win the tournament over anyone else. I've already given up on Ash winning this tournament, so I'm stuck with a lesser of two evils situation here... kinda like what I have to do every fourth November.
    If Trip VS Iris battle in the final, I think they will be tie and both battle Alder ._.

  9. #144
    Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    It's Behind You
    Posts
    682
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    I've just realised something quite dangerously appaling:

    It looks like the characters are using the same Pokemon each round. I'm assuming this from the fact that the Iris vs Dawn episode mentioned Dragonite winning multiple times in the summary, so it's probably going to have been used 3 times.

    Assuming that Dawn vs Iris is the semis then we either have.

    Iris vs Ash finals: I need to say no more.

    Or

    Iris vs Trip finals: which will lead to Serperior vs Dragonite, and probably a win for Trip. Unless Serperior has Dragon Tail this'll be so unrealistic,
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

    Hunger Games RPG

    21 Places Left.

    Officials needed

  10. #145
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,151
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMaster View Post
    It looks like the characters are using the same Pokemon each round.
    No, just Iris - Dawn's using Piplup in the first round but Mamoswine against Iris so they can change.

  11. #146

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Considering that reverse type logic has been a common theme in Best Wishes, it looks like Ash and Trip have a decent chance at bringing Iris's Dragonite down. It is confirmed in BW89 that Dragonite also knows Ice Beam. As a result, Dragonite knows two moves that are super effective against Trip's Serperior. The moves are also effective against Ash's Leavanny, especially Flamethrower which does 4x damage. Ash could also use his Krokorok, who is weak to ice type attacks and cannot damage Dragonite with ground type attacks.

  12. #147
    Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bellevue, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    1,248
    Blog Entries
    31
    Add Shinneth on Facebook

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Clearly Dawn and Georgia did not get the memo that type logic has been reversed for this series, hence their approach which is normally sensible was outright wrong for this tournament because we're in Unova in a Best Wishes series where everything is ass-backwards.

    I would actually be for Trip's Serperior having Dragon Tail as a move because it is a Gen V move, and this series has generally been terrible about utilizing Gen V moves for the main cast Pokemon, or even the secondary cast's. That and it's really the only move Trip would be able to use with a Serperior against a Dragonite that has an inherent type advantage over its type, PLUS has at least two super-effective moves against it. That's assuming Trip even uses Serperior in this round, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did for the sole purpose of showing off Dragon Tail (I'd LOL if it functioned exactly like it does in the games and forces Iris to forfeit in a bizarro Volt Switch-type of scenario).

    Otherwise, I'd LOL in crazed hysterics if Trip were to face Iris in the semis and used a Vanilluxe against her - and Iris wins. Imagine it: Iris, with the Dragonite she just got and isn't on the same page with, plows through three Ice-types in a row. I would just want to throw this series off a cliff and out of existence. :')

    Knowing now that it's got an Ice-type move messes with my bizzarro type analysis of Trip and Ash's chances against her, but what's the fucking point.

    IF Trip uses Serperior, it'll be an awful lot like the finals of the first Don Battle. The odds are stacked up overwhelmingly on one side for the character you REALLY don't want to win, but for the lesser of two evils to even stand a chance and pull out a win, he's got to pull some DEM magic bullshit himself and that won't make this any more satisfying. Actually it would be worse than the Don Battle finals because I at least wanted Ash to win the Don Battle. I don't want EITHER Trip nor Iris to win this tournament, but considering what the canon has given us, we seem to be forced to choose the lesser between two evils.

    Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

  13. #148
    Super Soldier HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,195
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Clearly Dawn and Georgia did not get the memo that type logic has been reversed for this series, hence their approach which is normally sensible was outright wrong for this tournament because we're in Unova in a Best Wishes series where everything is ass-backwards.
    Um, uhh... sorry for butting in... but... uh.. Wouldn't type-logic technically be obeyed if Dragonite knocked both Mamoswine and Beartic out with Flamethrower? How is type-logic being disobeyed then? It's true that they have a 4x advantage against Dragonite 2x advantage, but that's still not disobeying it.

  14. #149
    Registered User ivantuga2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Um, uhh... sorry for butting in... but... uh.. Wouldn't type-logic technically be obeyed if Dragonite knocked both Mamoswine and Beartic out with Flamethrower? How is type-logic being disobeyed then? It's true that they have a 4x advantage against Dragonite 2x advantage, but that's still not disobeying it.
    Georgia's Beartic has Ice Beam and Icicle Crash, while Dawn's Mamoswine also has Ice Shard, which in a series where type logic matters would be huge factors to defeat Dragonite.

  15. #150
    Registered User L-05308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Yateley, England
    Posts
    525
    Blog Entries
    11
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

    As long as Iris does not win this tournament, I am happy.

    Ash is who I am rooting for here, watching him beat either Iris or Trip would be very satisfying.

    Trip seems the likely winner here, though I hope we don't see him beat Ash again. It makes sense for him to get the battle with Alder, that's obviously what he is so angry about in the preview for BW090, his last encouter with Alder. Never mee your heros

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •