BW35: Gamagaru, Maggyo! Fight at the Waterfront! - Page 7

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BW35: Gamagaru, Maggyo! Fight at the Waterfront!

Default Re: BW35: Gamagaru, Maggyo! Fight at the Waterfront!

Here's a non-shitty translation of the summary that should clear up any of your misconceptions. It's a bit loose and doesn't follow the structure of the original, but should do its job.

"During the battle with Shootie, Satoshi discovers that Mijumaru's weakness is its inability to hold its eyes open under water. He immediately heads for a pond to train Mijumaru, while leaving his other Pokemon under Iris' supervision, but the training is not successful. While Iris is playing with the Pokemon, waiting for Satoshi to return, Zuruggu headbutts a clump of grass where a group of Tamagetake is hiding. They get angry and sprays the Pokemon with Poisonpowder. Being that there's no Pokemon Center nearby, their only solution is to retrieve some herbs from the botton of the lake to cure the poison. Mijumaru goes to retrieve these, but the Gamagaru and Muggyo living in the pond don't take kindly to intruders."

Pro tip, adyniz: Tossing the summary into google translate and rewording the result into semi-coherent English is not translating.
    Last edited by Adamant; 12th May 2011 at 05:38 AM.
    So.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WTF, this sounds exactly like, "The Stun Spore Detour" from Orange Islands, just with Iris in place of Misty.

For goodness sakes, do we need even MORE Iris and Misty parallels?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    WTF, this sounds exactly like, "The Stun Spore Detour" from Orange Islands, just with Iris in place of Misty.
    That's what I thought too.

Seems like Mijumaru will be going herb-retrieving alone here, though, and the main issue will be getting to the bottom of the lake, rather than holding onto the herbs after they've been found.
    So.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess the writers are looking to re-use as many Kanto/Orange plots as possible. I can't blame them though, those seasons were over a decade old now so they can re-use the same ideas for new kids watching now.

I can't wait for an episode where Iris becomes a mermaid and thinks her Axew evolved only to discover it was a wild dragon and not her Axew instead.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Except Iris is not appearing to be doing anything... She was only mention in the summary "playing with the pokemon."

Oshawott seems to be doing all of the work here on his own. Iris, on the other hand, seems to be doing nothing here.

Since TRio is not going to be in this episode, the wild pokemon will replace their role as the antagonistic force. At the very least we should see Oshawott battle some wild pokemon. This is the difference between this episode and Stun Spore Detour.

It would have been awesome if Snivy or another pokemon tagged along with Oshawott too, rather than making this a one-pokemon bandwagon, but meh. Hopefully Oshawott does master Aqua Jet in this episode.

For goodness sakes, do we need even MORE Iris and Misty parallels?
    Misty was the star of that episode, and Iris happened to be mentioned in the summary. But yes, the plotline of this episode is nearly the same, but there are some differences to how it will be executed.

Blog Entries

Dent fishing lure! Maybe we can have some flashbacks to the skipped episode?

Preview

- Swadloon and Emolga are with the rest of the group, a bunch of Foongus paraylize them.
    - Fisherman Cilan returns.
    - Stunfisk and Paplitoad fight Oshawott.
    - Oshawott masters Aqua Jet? It uses Aqua Jet on Paplitoad, Palpitoad's scared.

Blog Entries

Damn, I really wish the skipped episode will air someday. Fishing Dent is very interesting ^^

Yay for Whiscash's little cousin Maggyo!

Dang it, so there WERE several Tamagetake. Stupid Japanese and its lack of plurals.

Also, Otamaro debuts this episode. Damn they're debuting a lot of Pokemon recently.
    So.

I hope its like that one that happened in the Orange Islands, Iris taking care of AshXD Or am I thinking of the wrong one here? Hey, fisherman Dento here again eh? If only we saw the actual episode but whatever, maybe will see bits of what he can really do. I'd laugh if he really did have a Dento fishing lure.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

dento the fishing sommelier, finally! glad that wasn't a one ep and it's done thing. or else we'd never see it.

and MAGGYO!!! :D:D:D

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    Sigged.

Cilan looks so pumped, I hope that the is with Ash in the whole, "Lets battle against the random wild Pokemon, so that we don't seem pathetic" thing. I like it when Cilan is like when Ash's friends try to help him and not just stand there cheering him on, this side of Cilan is interesting, maybe his Fisherman side changes him emotionally. This should be a good episode and I think the Palpitoad and Stunfisk could be buddies, underwater buddies.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Maggyo doesn't look quite as...flat, as I'd imagined it being. Nitpicky as it may be, I can't lie; that kind of dissapoints me. :P

Palpitoad looks incredible, though. I love how hillariously WIDE it's mouth can open, and he definately has some killer expressions during the preview.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Look at those Tympole and their little faces. ಠ⌣ಠ Swadloon, Pansage, Dwebble, Axew and Emolga are with Ash's team. And Maggyo looks so majestic!

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast