PREVIEW: BW136 - Ibuki and Iris! The Different Colored Crimgan!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: BW136 - Ibuki and Iris! The Different Colored Crimgan!!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: BW??? - Johto Gym Leader Clair Returns

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Clair is going to be Druddigon's trainer. I don't think that the writers would hand over another Dragon Pokemon for Iris so close to her departure. Iris might go train under Claire before going back to Drayden. I don't see another reason for Claire to suddenly appear if they didn't go that route or she wasn't going to hand over her Dragonite to Claire to train while she goes back to Drayden.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't get why Clair is appearing. She's a Johto Gym leader.

With all the Kanto stuff going on you'd think Lance would be the one appearing

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I don't get why Clair is appearing. She's a Johto Gym leader.
    Because, Johto Gym Leaders were exciting, fun, and good characters. And Johto is an exciting region. :>

....And Clair is a girl and Iris clearly is more comfy around females.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Maybe Ibuki went to Isshu to try and catch the shiny Crimgan?

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I really really hope that Iris doesn't get Johto'ed too... May/Dawn are waiting there as well...

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I thought of the possibility of the anime trying to parallel PokeSpe and realized it would be impossible since these episodes are written and animated six months in advance and I know from Kusaka's recent visit in France that PokeSpe chapters aren't written in at advance and the Blackthorn stuff in PokeSpe was only recently released a month ago. So it's impossible the anime is paralleling PokeSpe, it's most likely just a coincidence. It's also important to note that in PokeSpe!Blackthorn Clair makes no appearance whatsoever alongside Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    I really really hope that Iris doesn't get Johto'ed too... May/Dawn are waiting there as well...
    May has probably already left Johto by this point, especially when she had three ribbons the last time we saw her, and Dawn was only going there for the Wallace Cup, so I highly doubt that they would all be in Johto if Iris went there as well.
    martianmister likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I imagine Clair's return will be quite ho-hum like Jasmine's was back in DP. Jasmine made a return and she was so dull in her ep that nobody cared, the writers even focused on Kenny over her.

Clair probably won't be all that interesting either, she basically has the same personality as Cynthia.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I imagine Clair's return will be quite ho-hum like Jasmine's was back in DP. Jasmine made a return and she was so dull in her ep that nobody cared.
    At that time, Jasmine was only present to teach Kenny how to improve his contest appeals. And just like in the games, Jasmine went to Sunyshore City because the environment reminded her of her hometown. The problem with Jasmine's appearance in DP is that she only appeared in just one episode, and that particular episode focused on developing numerous characters all at once. We had Kenny with his desire to improve his contest appeals and to start a journey with Dawn. Meanwhile, Flint was attempting to improve his pokemon's power for his approaching challenge with Cynthia. Ash also tried to imitate Flint's battling style to become a stronger battler, something that he tried with his Buizel but failed to beat Kenny because Flint's style was not appropriate for him.

We should be grateful that Jasmine even got a small battle with an E4 member, as well as her Steelix that we haven't seen in over 400 episodes.

The writers even focused more on Kenny than her.
    And why wouldn't the writers have focused on Kenny more than her? Kenny's name was in the Japanese title, and a major plot point that drove that episode home was Kenny's crush on Dawn and his desire to begin a journey with her. He was jealous of Ash's relationship with Dawn, which resulted in their battle. There was only 20 minutes in the episode, and we had so much going on all at once. So it was expected that Jasmine would take a backseat here.

Clair probably won't be all that interesting either, she basically has the same personality as Cynthia.
    Except Cynthia had eccentric quirks like her obsession with frozen goods, and was a bit more open-minded towards people with different mindsets. Clair was a mostly serious, albeit quick-tempered, character during her appearance in the original series. Clair did verbally threaten Ash and co. just because they were a bit too close to her pokemon when they first met, something that I would not see Cynthia do.

Clair may or may not serve as a greater role model for Iris than Cynthia, because, unlike Cynthia, Clair is actually specialized to train Dragon-types and she trained alongside the E4 champion Lance.

I imagine Clair's return will be quite ho-hum like Jasmine's was back in DP. Jasmine made a return and she was so dull in her ep that nobody cared, the writers even focused on Kenny over her.
    I'm not sure if that's the best comparison. Jasmine's appearance in DP was meant to help resolve Kenny's crush with Dawn, help Dawn decide what to do next and have Ash learn from Flint. The episode wasn't meant to focus only on her. With Claire, there will be more focus on her since her appearance will affect Iris in some way or another, so they won't have to juggle around the focus on multiple characters in one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Clair definitely seemed more assertive than Cynthia usually is when she appeared.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

There is a major difference. Jasmine's appearance was OBLIGED, because she appeared on the games, plus the HG/SS advertisement.
    Clair, however, is NOT! They put thought on implementing her into BW, and they will put thought on how they will use her in conjunction with Iris.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i do wonder if Clare will take dragonite to Dragons den for training just like charizard way back in johto...

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Cool callback to the past, or yet another act of desperation?

You decide!
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

I really hope we'll get to see her Kingdra again.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Clair? I dunno why they're bringing back Clair when Lance would've been more logical, DA being related to Kanto and all. I believe this will mark where Iris leaves - to go train under Clair.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast