PREVIEW: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting! - Page 9

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 153
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

  1. #121
    Cuter in real life Iteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,746
    Blog Entries
    87

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Anyone else sorta hoping Iris uses Kibago to catch Nokocchi to show it can be serious? I love Nokocchi and would want Sato to capture it but after Aipom's fate I'm not too sure I'd want to see it taken to Kalos with him.

  2. #122
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Anyone else sorta hoping Iris uses Kibago to catch Nokocchi to show it can be serious? I love Nokocchi and would want Sato to capture it but after Aipom's fate I'm not too sure I'd want to see it taken to Kalos with him.
    Aipom was on Ash's Sinnoh team for 55 episodes, and then it was on Dawn's team for the following 68 episodes. It wasn't a bad run at all, and I don't think that the writers would make Ash trade Dunsparce.

    If Dunsparce had a Dragon-type evolution, then giving it to Iris would be excusable. But it wouldn't be good writing as Iris couldn't possibly know about the evolution now.

  3. #123
    Cuter in real life Iteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,746
    Blog Entries
    87

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Aipom was on Ash's Sinnoh team for 55 episodes, and then it was on Dawn's team for the following 68 episodes. It wasn't a bad run at all, and I don't think that the writers would make Ash trade Dunsparce.
    Meant more its departure. Aside from reinforcing that both Satoshi and Hikari want to do what's best for their Pokémon despite their own goals, that was badly done.

    If Dunsparce had a Dragon-type evolution, then giving it to Iris would be excusable. But it wouldn't be good writing as Iris couldn't possibly know about the evolution now.
    I personally think it could be done in either of two ways:

    - She gets it just because she wants to prove that she can get Kibago to be serious and not dick about.
    - She again assumes a Pokémon is a Dragon type due to looks, aka Lizardon. She wanted to raise a Hitokage partly due to the prospect of becoming a Dragon-type so even if she is made aware of it being a Normal-type Pokémon, there's still no reason why she can't theorise. A lot of that will depend on if its scanned, however.

    And honestly 'good writing'? When has that ever been an argument? I think we're both aware that our idea of good writing differs a lot from that of the writers at times.

  4. #124
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Anyone else sorta hoping Iris uses Kibago to catch Nokocchi to show it can be serious? I love Nokocchi and would want Sato to capture it but after Aipom's fate I'm not too sure I'd want to see it taken to Kalos with him.
    I can see Iris using Kibago to catch a Nokocchi to make it up to Satoshi for making him fail to capture one, which would be nice. If Nokocchi gets an evolution in XY, then I could see Satoshi taking it with him, or later on.

  5. #125
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    And honestly 'good writing'? When has that ever been an argument? I think we're both aware that our idea of good writing differs a lot from that of the writers at times.
    But having Iris catch a Pokémon (for herself) that Ash was trying to get wouldn't make sense in the context of this episode. How would that help Ash and Iris make up?

  6. #126
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    And honestly 'good writing'? When has that ever been an argument? I think we're both aware that our idea of good writing differs a lot from that of the writers at times.
    But having Iris catch a Pokémon (for herself) that Ash was trying to get wouldn't make sense in the context of this episode. How would that help Ash and Iris make up?
    Because it would make up for Axew making Ash fail to capture it in the first place.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 15th June 2013 at 06:15 AM.

  7. #127
    Cuter in real life Iteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,746
    Blog Entries
    87

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    But having Iris catch a Pokémon (for herself) that Ash was trying to get wouldn't make sense in the context of this episode. How would that help Ash and Iris make up?
    It's pretty obvious that Sato is more bothered about his fight with Iris than the Nokocchi so we can throw the idea that he'd be pissed about Iris catching it out the window.
    Sato attempts to make it up to her which doesn't seem to go to well. Iris reflects on it, sees that Sato did have a valid point and proves that she can get Kibago to be serious by being able to match Sato's attitude for captures.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  8. #128
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    It's pretty obvious that Sato is more bothered about his fight with Iris than the Nokocchi so we can throw the idea that he'd be pissed about Iris catching it out the window.
    Just because he is more worried about the fight doesn't mean that he wouldn't want to catch Dunsparce if he saw it again.

    Sato attempts to make it up to her which doesn't seem to go to well. Iris reflects on it, sees that Sato did have a valid point and proves that she can get Kibago to be serious by being able to match Sato's attitude for captures.
    Valid point about what? I see no evidence that Ash is upset about Iris' handling of Axew in general. He was annoyed by this particular instance where he lost an opportunity to catch Dunsparce.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Because it would make up for Axew making Ash fail to lose it in the first place.
    Only if Iris gave the Dunsparce to Ash.

  9. #129
    Registered User WatcherMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    [QUOTE=Druddigon;4779357]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    3.Her startled Kibago because of Nokocchi's Screech gets in the way of Pikachu and Nokocchi escapes, he blames Kibago which is like her weak point and vulnerability. Naturally this is the Pokemon that is like her child so I imagine her fragility when it comes to her Pokemon and the other Pokemon on the group cast being treated badly or insulted(Tsutarja - Maya, Chaobu - Shamus, Mijumaru - Shooti, Kibago - Langley) is just the straw that breaks the camel's back for her.

    Iris pretty much, did literally nothing to upset Satoshi. He incited the fights with Haruka and Hikari due to his rashness as well as Pochama accidentally getting in the way of an attack and him going crazy so I'm not too surprised.
    Here's the thing... I think that Satoshi scolding Kibago is pretty out of character. He rarely does it to his own Pokémon so doing it to someone else's just seems wrong.

    But!

    Satoshi has every right to be angry, he's attempting to capture a Pokémon (a rare one at that) which is a pretty big deal for any trainer only for it to be ruined by Kibago. But it's not Kibago he should be getting angry at... it's Iris! After all the times it's wandered off and/or gotten in trouble you'd think she'd learned to keep a closer eye but not only does she not do that she lets it stumble into a capture attempt. If I was Satoshi, I'd march up to her and demand she either starts actually watching Kibago properly or stick him in a Poké Ball. Her lack of care for him is pretty ridiculous now.

  10. #130
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    I only have one thing to say:

    "Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!"

    HAH! More like one true EPISODE of parting?

    Writers, why u troll fandom?

    No, seriously though. This episode screams "filler" to me.

    Here's hoping TRio's nonsense doesn't take up a good portion of the episode.

  11. #131
    Registered User Gabo 2oo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    314
    Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!



    FROM 0:59 ONWARDS.

    So that's what the weird hearts actually were.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

  12. #132
    Registered User Red of Pallet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    While I wish the writers would kill Iris off, they won't.

    You just know that Ash and Iris are going to have a small fight, get over it, then have greater respect for each other.

    That's how it always happens!
    Caseydia likes this.

  13. #133
    ポケモン Tsutarja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,346
    Blog Entries
    564

    Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    After all the times it's wandered off and/or gotten in trouble you'd think she'd learned to keep a closer eye but not only does she not do that she lets it stumble into a capture attempt. If I was Satoshi, I'd march up to her and demand she either starts actually watching Kibago properly or stick him in a Poké Ball. Her lack of care for him is pretty ridiculous now.
    Not sure if you read the summary. Dunsparce uses Screech which causes Axew to crash into Pikachu. Why? Pokémon logic. At the same time Iris couldn't stop him because it affected her too, not just the Pokémon. Axew wasn't playing and just randomly bumped into Pikachu, it was affected by the attack as well.

  14. #134
    Registered User Darth Darkrai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    This just looks really good to me.

  15. #135
    Registered User Chiplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    953
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    No, seriously though. This episode screams "filler" to me.
    Your point? This saga does as of yet consist mostly of fillers, though that doesn't really create a hindrance for the episodes to be enjoyable.

    Anyhow, I loved the Smash preview. It does seem like Axew will become the hero of this episode as Pikachu and Scraggy were captured, I'm glad that they're finally bringing up his and Scraggy's friendship again.

    Also, lol at the scene where Iris walks past Ash being so dramatic. I'm surprised to the fact that this doesn't seem to be comical episode like the previous episodes with Ash arguing with the female cast.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •