PREVIEW: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting! - Page 5

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

I always thought "hypocritical humor" was a bit of a misnomer for the Ash/Iris dynamic. Mainly because it never made me laugh, therefore it could not be hypocritical humor; just hypocritical. Either way, even though it was much less frequent, I found even Ash/Dawn and Ash/May had far more interesting (and entertaining) arguing dynamics. I'm definitely not looking forward to this episode for the element of Ash and Iris actually getting into an argument; mainly because I somehow just know it's not going to be written in a way that will make me tolerate it, much less be entertained by it.

What intrigues me is the possibility of Ash finally asking a question a lot of us have been asking for ages now: why Iris doesn't keep Axew in a damn Pokeball. Somehow I feel I will be let down in this area too, but the masochistic side of me demands that I see how this crap turns out anyway.
    Duque, Mikuri, Hidden Mew and 4 others like this.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

Ash and Dawn only argued maybe 3 times. All early on DP in Nando's ep, the tag battle ep and maybe one more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Ash and Dawn only argued maybe 3 times. All early on DP in Nando's ep, the tag battle ep and maybe one more.
    Off the top of my head:

-Nando Episode
    -Tag Battle Episode
    -Episode where Brock left them in charge of Pokemon/sick Pachirisu
    -Gible episode with Khoruy/Lyra.

That's more than Ash/Iris did, and probably Ash/May as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    What intrigues me is the possibility of Ash finally asking a question a lot of us have been asking for ages now: why Iris doesn't keep Axew in a damn Pokeball. Somehow I feel I will be let down in this area too, but the masochistic side of me demands that I see how this crap turns out anyway.
    I'd like to see that one too, but that little yellow electric mouse in his shoulders would make Ash look like a stupid person that doesn't think before speaking at all...

... so, yeah, I also think that's gonna happen.

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Blog Entries

This ep looks to be a shiny turd. We think it might be good or leads to iris leaving but ultimately nothing will come of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    We think it might be good or leads to iris leaving but ultimately nothing will come of it.
    Nothing ever really comes out of these kinda of episodes.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

I am so late for this, but I just wanted to express my feelings on how excited I am for this episode...

Even if it doesn't show in the actual series, I think that Ash and Iris have the potential for a really interesting relationship. I guess I say this because their relationship has been the most "equal" out of all the girls, almost like they were rivals. IDK I just really like them together, it's a different aura I get from the other interactions.

I think it's really strained because Iris doesn't really know how to make friends...people who didn't want to be friends with her before probably pushed her away so she didn't need to keep trying. I guess she takes solace in the fact that Ash hasn't pushed her away yet because he's very flexible with his relationships from all the bonds he's made.

At first, I was a bit disappointed that the argument didn't stem from Ash finally "snapping" from Iris's criticisms, but as mentioned before, he didn't really care that much in the first place. So focusing on Iris's Achilles's heel (her kibago) is probably a better way to spark conflict. Iris is already pressured to raise kibago from her village so if she doesn't do a good job, it reflects on her skill as a trainer too...what's a good way to phrase this...it's like a direct burn to her ego.

YEAH I'M ACTUALLY JUST WAITING FOR THE NEGAISHIPPING MOMENTS SUE ME

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

I wonder again, who puts the page backwards. This is the scan for the Iris episode. Here we see a Dunsparce that causes the discussion between Ash and Iris
    http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org4237312.jpg
    martianmister likes this.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Blog Entries

An argument episode...that's NOT seemingly comic relief? I'm surprised.
    Tsutarja and martianmister like this.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The split and cause aside, what intrigues me the most is how Dento will deal with it, as he was the one to note their alikeness quite early on in Best Wishes, and the flavour they give together. Also, I feel Dento staying alongside Ash says something (if that picture is insinuating that he does), other than the fact that of their relationship, perhaps Dento realises for some reason, Ash needs his advice, and Iris simply needs time. I'd like to see that, as it'd tie Dento in more significantly, and give something about his sentiments around the group.

Possibly Ash throws some aspersion towards Kibago in his frustration, because I think that'd really tick Iris off.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    I'd like to see that, as it'd tie Dento in more significantly, and give something about his sentiments around the group.
    Would be nice if he brought up the fact he started following Ash for a reason and touch back on his own goal. Don't see it happening though.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Flipped Scan if anyone cares.

Wow, they both actually really seem to regret it and feel genuinely bad. A nice break from the last fighting episodes.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Ash realizes the full consequences of his actions in only Cilan as a traveling companion...

Blog Entries

What I'm mostly interested in is this:

Is that hearts from Attract and Ash's arm I see?!
    Ash's arm falls in love

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Wow, this episode looks amazing. I'm super excited for it. :D

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast