PREVIEW: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting! - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 153

Thread: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

  1. #31
    Registered User Darth Darkrai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    I mean, Iris really does need to put a Stinking Leash on Axew so it just STOPS WONDERING OFF AND GETS IT'S SELF IN TROUBLE AGAIN!!!!!!! This is getting so annoying to me I think.
    Last edited by Darth Darkrai; 20th May 2013 at 08:37 PM.

  2. #32
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    I mean, Iris really does need to put a Fucking Leash on Axew so it just STOPS WONDERING OFF AND GETS IT'S SELF IN TROUBLE AGAIN!!!!!!! This is getting so annoying to me I think.
    Axew's wandering off? Which summary states that?

    Speaking of wandering off, I only remember Axew wandering off and getting lost once. It's not Axew's fault for getting stolen and used as a plot device for the conflict in the first two Axew-in-distress episodes.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 20th May 2013 at 08:45 PM.

  3. #33
    Registered User Darth Darkrai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Ok sorry just thought it said that possibly and I am not sure but we will see in a few weeks and it will get in the way of a capture.

  4. #34
    Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Iowa!
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Man... I'm sad because the episode is likely going to just have that Dunsparce be a one-scene wonder where Ash tries to capture it, doesn't, and then it's just gone. However, actually being able to see a Dunsparce, even fleeting, would be amazing.

    I hope it gets caught, but I'm not holding my breath.

  5. #35
    Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Truly Free State of Somalia
    Posts
    1,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    551

    Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    To me, this episode sounds like NegaiShipping fuel. It just sounds like that to me. :/

    Really though, why this late in the series, is Ash attempting to catch a Dunsparce? That would make more sense in Johto. Really, it would. But if this is a recycled plotline, yay. Makes me even less excited.
    Avatar credit is here.



  6. #36
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    Really though, why this late in the series, is Ash attempting to catch a Dunsparce? That would make more sense in Johto. Really, it would. But if this is a recycled plotline, yay. Makes me even less excited.
    To be honest, I just want to watch the world burn Ash finally getting tired of her stupidity.


    Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

  7. #37
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    To me, this episode sounds like NegaiShipping fuel. It just sounds like that to me. :/11f
    I don't know about that. I just think that this is your typical "argue with the main girl" episode which is a very stupid on going thing the writers due from time to time. I don't care about any of this really. I think something like this should have took place in the "Lost at the league" episode rather than waiting until now. Axew getting into trouble at the league should have made Ash more upset rather than catching some pokemon he's seen before. But I'm glad someone finally is getting tired of Axew's antics. No one likes Oshawott's crap and bashes him all the time, so Axew can take some heat too since it doesn't do much of anything instead of using the bathroom in Iris's hair.

  8. #38
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    To be honest, I just want to watch the world burn Ash finally getting tired of her stupidity.
    What stupidity? Ash is the one who started it, Axew is her pride and joy, of course she'd be pissed any normal human being would. No, it's not because of Iris's kodomo ne comments or past comments, the summary says it's solely because of Ash blaming Axew for causing a Dunsparce to get away. Go ahead and try to make it out to be something personal I suppose.

  9. #39
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Konoko Hasano View Post
    Man... I'm sad because the episode is likely going to just have that Dunsparce be a one-scene wonder where Ash tries to capture it, doesn't, and then it's just gone. However, actually being able to see a Dunsparce, even fleeting, would be amazing.

    I hope it gets caught, but I'm not holding my breath.
    It's quite possible that this episode will foreshadow a later capture. Ash only caught Aipom in her fourth appearance (in his second attempt).

  10. #40
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Druddigon View Post
    What stupidity? Ash is the one who started it, Axew is her pride and joy, of course she'd be pissed any normal human being would. No, it's not because of Iris's kodomo ne comments or past comments, the summary says it's solely because of Ash blaming Axew for causing a Dunsparce to get away. Go ahead and try to make it out to be something personal I suppose.
    Iris and Axew's stupidity. And yes, Ash blames Axew for causing a Dunsparce to get away, so I don't see where Ash started it. It's not his fault if Axew loves messing around.


    Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

  11. #41
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Iris and Axew's stupidity. And yes, Ash blames Axew for causing a Dunsparce to get away, so I don't see where Ash started it. It's not his fault if Axew loves messing around.
    We don't know the context of the situation in the slightest, we don't know what happens or how it happens when it comes to Axew. It could be an honest mistake or it could be something as simple as Axew walking in the way of an oncoming Poke Ball. Ash, if anything shouldn't blame Axew for letting Dunsparce get away. It's horribly childish and like I said before Iris really cares about Axew and he's like her precious babby, of course she's gonna go into rage mode when someone gets hot-natured against him. Iris is the type of trainer to get pissed when someone messes with her Pokemon(Emolga, Excadrill) or her friend's Pokemon(Tepig, Oshawott, Snivy.) Ash is the one inciting the whole situation, so yeah he is starting it. That's as clear as day.

    Axew is hardly a problem at all. He's no more a problem than Pikachu, Piplup, or Oshawott. He was kidnapped the first two times, how many times have Ash and gang been forced to stop their travels because Pikachu got stolen or something or Piplup got upset over something and got caught by Team Rocket or Oshawott's behavior getting the better of him? No one considers Axew to be a problem in-universe just because some fans have problem with it.

  12. #42
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Druddigon View Post
    We don't know the context of the situation in the slightest, we don't know what happens or how it happens when it comes to Axew. It could be an honest mistake or it could be something as simple as Axew walking in the way of an oncoming Poke Ball. Ash, if anything shouldn't blame Axew for letting Dunsparce get away. It's horribly childish and like I said before Iris really cares about Axew and he's like her precious babby, of course she's gonna go into rage mode when someone gets hot-natured against him. Iris is the type of trainer to get pissed when someone messes with her Pokemon(Emolga, Excadrill) or her friend's Pokemon(Tepig, Oshawott, Snivy.) Ash is the one inciting the whole situation, so yeah he is starting it. That's as clear as day.
    We know Axew screw up Ash's capture, and that's quite enough to blame him. Ash is anything but a wise elder, so this scene is perfectly normal and Iris, instead of saying "yeah you're right", also acts like a child and throws some lumber to the fire to the point of saying "We're not friends anymore" because of Axew's damn mistake.

    Then again, Ash isn't starting it; Axew is. It's not his fault if the Pokémon can't stay still.

    Quote Originally Posted by Druddigon View Post
    Axew is hardly a problem at all. He's no more a problem than Pikachu, Piplup, or Oshawott. He was kidnapped the first two times, how many times have Ash and gang been forced to stop their travels because Pikachu got stolen or something or Piplup got upset over something and got caught by Team Rocket or Oshawott's behavior getting the better of him? No one considers Axew to be a problem in-universe just because some fans have problem with it.
    Yes, he was trapped by a Scolipede; into Durant's anthill; got lost during the League and in Castelia City; fell to the "oh-something-interesting-let's-see-what-it-leads-to" during the Cheren episode, the TRio trap back in the N's first appearence and gods know how many more times the same things above repeated; hardly a problem.


    Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

  13. #43
    Will Rip Titles 4 Money megastarmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow megastarmie On Twitter Add megastarmie on Facebook Add megastarmie on Google+ Add megastarmie on MySpace
    Add megastarmie on Linkedin Follow megastarmie on Tumblr Follow megastarmie on Flickr Visit megastarmie's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    I'm not going to watch this episode, but I do hope Iris calls him out on his general character (as in, writing) flaws (for example, his creepy battling obsession).

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I think something like this should have took place in the "Lost at the league" episode rather than waiting until now.
    That would have been awesome, maybe it could have been resolved AFTER the league, so at least Ash could have had SOME excuse for losing to Cameron (who never should have existed): Because he was still feeling down, which affected his performance...or something like that.

  14. #44
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    We know Axew screw up Ash's capture, and that's quite enough to blame him. Ash is anything but a wise elder, so this scene is perfectly normal and Iris, instead of saying "yeah you're right", also acts like a child and throws some lumber to the fire to the point of saying "We're not friends anymore" because of Axew's damn mistake.
    We don't even know how it happens and if Ash is gonna get rude and straight-up blame Axew like that Iris's actions are perfectly justified. Do I think either of them are right in what they do? No, of course not. But picking the lesser of two evils Ash shouldn't be so rude about it in the first place, blaming a Pokemon, really? I doubt Axew is intentionally trying to get in the way. Ash is being a hypocrite, he caused Trip's Palpitoad to escape.
    Then again, Ash isn't starting it; Axew is. It's not his fault if the Pokémon can't stay still.
    Ash is inciting it. Axew gets in the way. There's nothing. Ash decides to spark a flame of war when he gets nasty about it. He could easily be nice and say about how Axew got in the way, but if he's actually straight-up blaming Axew he's in the wrong and it's his fault. Just like how it was his fault in Hoenn when May got angry at him, he was in his "GYM QUICK QUICK!" mode and May wanted to make sure she looked nice before leaving. He had to fly off into a rage over something so petty. I know Ash is the main character of this friggin' show but that automatically doesn't justify any sour actions of his being right on the spot.

    Yes, he was trapped by a Scolipede; into Durant's anthill; got lost during the League and in Castelia City; fell to the "oh-something-interesting-let's-see-what-it-leads-to" during the Cheren episode, the TRio trap back in the N's first appearence and gods know how many more times the same things above repeated; hardly a problem.
    Scolipede - Did he get stuck there himself? He was trying to get an apple to cheer up Iris and fell into the Scolipede's horns, Iris even apologized at the end.
    Durant - Kidnapped in his sleep, if any other Pokemon had gotten dressed in that leaf attire they would have been stolen. The writers just used Axew because he works as nice plot device because he has toddler personality(And will always have that personality because that's just that, same thing with Scraggy's hard headed nature and Oshawott's clowny behavior.)
    League - I will give you that, that's mostly to do with his personality.
    Castelia City - When did he get lost in Castelia....?
    Cheren - Again, his personality was a catalyst for the conflict of the episode. Plot device 101 just like Scraggy going and challenging the Galvantula at night time or Oshawott downing Garbordor's apples without asking.
    TR - Oh come on, it was friggin' five second trap and just a trail of berries that he followed. Why in the world would he know that to be a trap? It's a trail of food, Oshawott would have done the same thing. Or Piplup, Emolga, Pignite, anyone.

    Axew getting kidnapped and falling into "traps" is hardly his fault and, in-universe, no one acknowledges or treats Axew's behavior as being problematic at all. Trying to make it out to be something canon just because you don't like it is getting old. The severity of his actions are subjective. Favorites are subjective. But canon is objective, and you can't argue against the concrete. We just synthesize it differently...


    ...and yeah, I actually do hope Axew stops being used as a plot device for most situations or episode. The thing's battle record has more to be desired. ^^;;

  15. #45
    Registered User Chiplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW131 - Satoshi and Iris's severed relationship!? One true road of parting!

    I'm really excited for this episode. Even though I wish Dento also had a significant role in the episode too, Iris and Ash will do great. After all, while we've seen them argue quite a lot, it's always been limited to a level of the typical ''close-friend-arguments''. Seeing them go all out on each other for real is something I've been longing to see.

    I've never really understood the mystery as to why some people aren't able to sense a real relationship between them, from my point of view it's crystal clear. Out of all his traveling companions, Iris is the one who feels like an actual sister to him, which is probably because she is the one who has the most in common with him personality-wise. I'm so, so looking forward to see them fight for real, I just don't hope that it'll be resolved in a cliche tag battle, like what happened with both May and Dawn (even though it would be nice to finally see Iris participate in a tag battle).

    Also, it's really cool that Ash tried to capture a Dunsparce, I hope that it's something that'll be picked up again later in the episode or in a later episode. I certainly wouldn't mind more members in his team.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •