PREVIEW: BW130 - Satoshi and Butterfree! Until we meet again!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BW130 - Satoshi and Butterfree! Until we meet again!!

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW??? - Butterfree

We don't need them, but they'd be nice, you know, since the kids watching the series might want to know what's up with that random butterfree that Ash is all emotional over.
    But Butterfree's story isn't as extensive as Charizard's anyways, so all we really need to know is that he was Ash's first captured pokemon and had to leave for ~luuve~ As a character, Butterfree wasn't even that interesting, but it's what he means for Ash...I'm still attached to my first caught pokemon (a bidoof that evolved into a bibarel...I can't get rid of her ;_;)

"seasons change, people change"

I just hope there are no extensive flashbacks to avoid a repeat of the overreaction of two certain characters in the Charizard ones.

In DP they showed two flashbacks to Butterfree and Misty/Brock weren't in them, maybe the same will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I just hope there are no extensive flashbacks to avoid a repeat of the overreaction of two certain characters in the Charizard ones.

In DP they showed two flashbacks to Butterfree and Misty/Brock weren't in them, maybe the same will happen.
    I think you should be more worried about how Clair and Butterfree coming back affects your theory that the writers don't want to bring back older characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post

I think you should be more worried about how Clair and Butterfree coming back affects your theory that the writers don't want to bring back older characters.
    I find this bizarre and I guess Dogasu was right, its gimmicks to get people to watch since BW has been a poorly received arc.

I just hope this means the show is coming full circle with a Giovanni conclusion and an Indigo league tournament.

Ganbare Lizardon!! Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

If that is Satoshi's old Butterfree.....holy shit. Just, holy shit. Right in the childhood...

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

I don't know why anyone would be against any old Pokemon making reappearances. Makes them seem less like disposable advertising tools and actually gives the show some damn emotion. Especially for Satoshi. And on the note of "familiarity", if I can show my seven-year-old sister old episodes from the original series that she can enjoy, then it's pretty damn possible for the people in Japan to do it too. Children are fascinated by the cute and cool creatures in Pocket Monsters, not the fact that they're new, familiar, or whatnot. New Pokemon are introduced every few years - if they haven't seen old Pokemon before, they'll treat them as new and won't hate them any less for it. Even then, there's reruns and Kanto episodes included in the Best Wishes set.

Anyhow, I loved Satoshi's Butterfree and I love the fact that they're going to do a return episode. It's about time they did that. Now I'm waiting for a Okorizaru and Pigeot reurn.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 23rd March 2013 at 04:14 PM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

I hope they won't pull another Charizard, and Butterfree makes only one-shot instead of entering the regular team...
    Then Unova Team will be too filled with all these old reserves...
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

Butterfree will likely be a one episode deal like how Lapras reappeared in Johto.

I love how everyone forgets that Ash saw Lapras again too.

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Pokémon Smash is airing Bye Bye Butterfree.

Shit guys, hold me. This is getting intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

So? We know its Ash's Butterfree, just like Ash's Charizard was shown the same way.

What's the big deal? Ash brought up Butterfree in DP and nobody seemed to care.

It really doesn't look like that's an ordinary Butterfree going by the scan since Ash seems so emotional there. But ahdhhgha I am so excited to see what this is about exactly... already getting nostalgia vibes.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

So? We know its Ash's Butterfree, just like Ash's Charizard was shown the same way.

Bye Bye Butterfree was a pretty emotional thing to watch during your childhood. It's right in the feels, but is also like a crack dose of nostalgia all in one.

Ash's Charizard has appeared at least once every season, Ash's Butterfree hasn't appeared in over 750 episodes. Pretty big deal.

Bye Bye Butterfree was a pretty emotional thing to watch during your childhood. It's right in the feels, but is also like a crack dose of nostalgia all in one.
    Personally I would have rathered Pidgeot return given Butterfree's ending was closure, but Pidgeot was open ended.

I find it odd that we have more Kanto references now than in the Battle Frontier saga when we were IN Kanto.

Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

If Butterfree was actually interesting you could make an episode out of this.

Guessing its babies need saving?

I love how everyone forgets that Ash saw Lapras again too.
    Who forget that?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast