PREVIEW: BW128: Rotom VS Dr. Okido! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: BW128: Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

  1. #16
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Except it's pretty much confirmed Oak catches it lol.
    That doesn't really make the episode important. Oak could have caught Rotom at any time, and we don't know how much of it we'll see in the future. None of Oak's Pokémon has appeared more than once.

  2. #17
    Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    805
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Except it's pretty much confirmed Oak catches it lol.
    That doesn't really make the episode important. Oak could have caught Rotom at any time, and we don't know how much of it we'll see in the future. None of Oak's Pokémon has appeared more than once.
    And yet we know he's battling Rotom with a pokemon so clearly someone is reappearing.

    No episode with a important character appearing or a capture is a filler, simple as that.

  3. #18
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    And yet we know he's battling Rotom with a pokemon so clearly someone is reappearing.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were a previously unseen Pokémon. I don't see Oak using Dragonite, and neither Pidgey nor its evolutions would be effective against Rotom. Charmeleon would be nice, but a reference to Movie 4 seems unlikely.

  4. #19
    Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    805
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    And yet we know he's battling Rotom with a pokemon so clearly someone is reappearing.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were a previously unseen Pokémon. I don't see Oak using Dragonite, and neither Pidgey nor its evolutions would be effective against Rotom. Charmeleon would be nice, but a reference to Movie 4 seems unlikely.
    Definitely won't be a filler if he shows two new pokemon lol.

  5. #20
    Cop. Cop! yay Cop... qq Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,046
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    Generic filler needed to showcase Rotom... and Oak.
    Except it's pretty much confirmed Oak catches it lol.
    Like we will ever see it in Oak's Lab again. As of now, I still consider it filler xD

    I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

  6. #21
    Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    805
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    Generic filler needed to showcase Rotom... and Oak.
    Except it's pretty much confirmed Oak catches it lol.
    Like we will ever see it in Oak's Lab again. As of now, I still consider it filler xD
    Um the fact that Oak is even appearing makes it auto non filler lol.

  7. #22
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

    Well, I don't think a capture episode can be considered as a filler, regardless who's catching it.

  8. #23
    Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    805
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Well, I don't think a capture episode can be considered as a filler, regardless who's catching it.
    Exactly, unless it's some one time COTD.

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: BW128(?): Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

    Profesor Oak doesn't need another pokemon. He has to take care of Ash's hoarding problem.

  10. #25
    Subete wo kagayakasu MizuTaipu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,261
    Blog Entries
    61

    Default Re: BW128(?): Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoenn For Truvie View Post
    He has to take care of Ash's hoarding problem.
    As well as every other Trainer from Masara Town's hoarding problem?

  11. #26
    Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    805
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW128(?): Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoenn For Truvie View Post
    Profesor Oak doesn't need another pokemon. He has to take care of Ash's hoarding problem.
    Honey you're into the wrong game if you think that is the case :p.....
    Hoenn For Truvie likes this.

  12. #27
    Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town, Unova
    Posts
    3,023
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW128(?): Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

    The Pokemon Centers in Japan are having a huge Rotom promotion near the end of April, not quite sure what the air date of this episode is lined up to be, but something is definitely going on with Rotom for it to get all of this promotion.


  13. #28
    Shurororororo Playerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,851

    Default Re: BW128(?): Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

    Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    The Pokemon Centers in Japan are having a huge Rotom promotion near the end of April, not quite sure what the air date of this episode is lined up to be, but something is definitely going on with Rotom for it to get all of this promotion.
    The air date is the 30th of May.

    You aren't suggesting an evolution or a new forme are you? I guess it could be and we could get it in the next CororCoro, or the one after and then it could be in this episode, but I assume it would've at least hinted to that in the title or a summary of the episode. Unless it's advertising for an upcoming Rotom giveaway.

    I just hope that it won't be similar to that other Rotom episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

  14. #29
    Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town, Unova
    Posts
    3,023
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW128(?): Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

    Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    The Pokemon Centers in Japan are having a huge Rotom promotion near the end of April, not quite sure what the air date of this episode is lined up to be, but something is definitely going on with Rotom for it to get all of this promotion.
    The air date is the 30th of May.

    You aren't suggesting an evolution or a new forme are you? I guess it could be and we could get it in the next CororCoro, or the one after and then it could be in this episode, but I assume it would've at least hinted to that in the title or a summary of the episode. Unless it's advertising for an upcoming Rotom giveaway.

    I just hope that it won't be similar to that other Rotom episode.
    It's a pretty big promotion, focusing on Rotom and all of its forms, just like the episode scan showcases. (To be fair, they have done other promotions of Pokemon that didn't line up with anime episodes, but this one seems close enough together to draw that conclusion.) Heh, I actually posted earlier in the thread thinking it might be a new form

    I don't think we'd see a new form/evolution in this episode per se, but it seems to be going somewhere that it's implied that Oak wants to study them, in that there may be a reason later for this?


  15. #30
    Shurororororo Playerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,851

    Default Re: BW128(?): Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

    Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    The Pokemon Centers in Japan are having a huge Rotom promotion near the end of April, not quite sure what the air date of this episode is lined up to be, but something is definitely going on with Rotom for it to get all of this promotion.
    The air date is the 30th of May.

    You aren't suggesting an evolution or a new forme are you? I guess it could be and we could get it in the next CororCoro, or the one after and then it could be in this episode, but I assume it would've at least hinted to that in the title or a summary of the episode. Unless it's advertising for an upcoming Rotom giveaway.

    I just hope that it won't be similar to that other Rotom episode.
    It's a pretty big promotion, focusing on Rotom and all of its forms, just like the episode scan showcases. (To be fair, they have done other promotions of Pokemon that didn't line up with anime episodes, but this one seems close enough together to draw that conclusion.) Heh, I actually posted earlier in the thread thinking it might be a new form

    I don't think we'd see a new form/evolution in this episode per se, but it seems to be going somewhere that it's implied that Oak wants to study them, in that there may be a reason later for this?
    I guess. So, maybe Oak goes to the island because he wants to study them as you said and he tries to capture a Rotom. I think he'll capture it or at least befriend it and then maybe if it has something to do with the next generation, Oak could possibly show off it's new forme or evolution near the start of the next anime series or somewhere down the line?

    Or it could just be an episode to show off Professor Oak and Rotom, whether it be for another promotional purpose like a future giveaway or because they want to have another Rotom episode.

    I can't wait to see Iris and Cilan interacting with Professor Oak in person and maybe Ash could tell Iris and Cilan more about his older Pokemon and previous journeys, unless that will happen when Ash goes back to Kanto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •