PREVIEW: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

  1. #16
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,831
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    "Satoshi, N and the others have stopped by a town where the Plasma-Dan's scientist Achroma is conducting experiments on controlling pokemon. An Ononokusu who's been hit by a beam coming from a suspicious machine has started rampaging about and causing a scene. Iris sends out her Kairyuu to stop it, but..."

    Edit: Wow, lern 2 proofread, Dogasu.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 22nd February 2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  2. #17
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,882
    Blog Entries
    780

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Why the dragon? Wouldn't Excadrill make a better choice, since Steel resists Dragon? Or it could dig a hole and trap it in a pit.

    "Playing around?" Wrong.

  3. #18
    Registered User Chiplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    952
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Meh... This does kinda sound like the episode in which Team Plasma debuted, and I'd rather not see the same plot be used twice.

    There is Dragonite to look forward to however, and Charizard to, if this is the episode where Dragonite as well gets caught up by Colress' manipulation machine.

    Does seem kinda strange how Cilan never seems to get the chance to shine. As of yet, it's always been Ash and Iris whom been handling the battles, while Cilan has stood in the background. I'd like to see Crustle again.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

  4. #19
    Registered User Darth Darkrai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    965
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    This maybe an episode focused with Iris I think.

  5. #20
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    .
    Does seem kinda strange how Cilan never seems to get the chance to shine. As of yet, it's always been Ash and Iris whom been handling the battles, while Cilan has stood in the background. I'd like to see Crustle again.
    I think it has something to do with the fact that Dento doesn't have a huge Pokemon connection/bond type thing. Satoshi works that whole "Never give up, Pokemon are my friends!!!!!111" type thing and Iris just had a crap connection with her Pokemon before. Dento hasn't really had any specific, stand-out type connections with his Pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Why the dragon? Wouldn't Excadrill make a better choice, since Steel resists Dragon? Or it could dig a hole and trap it in a pit.
    Probably leads to Akuroma getting a view of Iris managing to bring out Kairyu's "latent power" which leads to Akuroma wanting to grab control of Iris's Kairyu and wreck crap, enter Lizardon who frees Kairyu and these two become good buddies since the rivalry seems to begin one episode prior with those two having an aerial battle. Plus Doryuzu already got a win against Team Plasma and beating an Ononokusu right now that isn't Shaga's would probably be reductive. Kibago already got a battle against the Plasma Pokemon in Akuroma's debut episode too, so he's out, plus fighting a Kojondon is one thing, fighting an Ononokusu is another. I could easily see this battle being used as a vector for Kairyu's later manipulation.

  6. #21
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    [QUOTE=Gotpika;4625812]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Probably leads to Akuroma getting a view of Iris managing to bring out Kairyu's "latent power" which leads to Akuroma wanting to grab control of Iris's Kairyu and wreck crap, enter Lizardon who frees Kairyu and these two become good buddies since the rivalry seems to begin one episode prior with those two having an aerial battle. Plus Doryuzu already got a win against Team Plasma and beating an Ononokusu right now that isn't Shaga's would probably be reductive. Kibago already got a battle against the Plasma Pokemon in Akuroma's debut episode too, so he's out, plus fighting a Kojondon is one thing, fighting an Ononokusu is another. I could easily see this battle being used as a vector for Kairyu's later manipulation.
    Meanwhile, in a faaar away Pokéball, a Emolga deeply sleeps...
    martianmister likes this.

  7. #22
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Meanwhile, in a faaar away Pokéball, a Emolga deeply sleeps...
    Except Emonga doesn't really have a huge connection to Iris and the bond with her Pokemon. In fact she has the least connection to Iris's goal and the whole bonding thing. Plus she got the beauties episode and got a win against a Roserade there. I honestly think Kibago and the others would do better with these wins and battles in the long run.

  8. #23
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,391
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    "Satoshi, N and the others have stopped by a town where the Plasma-Dan's scientist Achroma is conducting experiments on controlling pokemon. An Ononokusu who's been hit by a beam coming from a suspicious machine has started rampaging about and causing a scene. Iris sends out her Kairyuu to stop it, but..."
    So it's an anime-exclusive town as opposed to Castelia City? This combined with the fact that N is heading to Driftveil (having finished whatever business he had in Castelia) makes me doubt that Castelia will be revisited at all. The opening was probably misleading, just like with the other details that didn't pan out (N watching the Cheren battle in a church, and the controlled Pokémon being carried over to the White Ruins, which can't happen since they've already been released).
    Last edited by Silktree; 24th February 2013 at 03:56 AM.

  9. #24
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,831
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    They already revisited Hiun City at the end of N's (proper) debut episode.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  10. #25
    Yuma Likes Everything! Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,042
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Meanwhile, in a faaar away Pokéball, a Emolga deeply sleeps...
    Except Emonga doesn't really have a huge connection to Iris and the bond with her Pokemon. In fact she has the least connection to Iris's goal and the whole bonding thing. Plus she got the beauties episode and got a win against a Roserade there. I honestly think Kibago and the others would do better with these wins and battles in the long run.
    1) The Beauties Episode is 19 episodes prior! Just because it just aired in the dub doesn't mean that we should compare it with Japanese eps when it comes to time span.
    2) Emolga's last appearance was BW109, in that Tag Battle with Nonomi. In fact, it is the last time Cilan battled, using Stunfisk. That is, not only Emolga is in par to Stunfisk when it comes to screentime, Pansage and Crustle are in a worse situation. Not to mention Krookodile, Palpitoad, Leavanny, Boldore (Pignite?). Even though they appeared later than Crustle, they have much less of a chance of reappearing throught this saga's entirety... That is, Emolga is okay where it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They already revisited Hiun City at the end of N's (proper) debut episode.
    Visit... We just saw the Skyarrow Bridge... "Hiun" was not mentioned anywhere in BW110, and Castelia City's page in Bulbapedia doesn't mention anything abou BW110 at all.
    Apart from that, since their path currently is Driftveil and then Iccirus, I doubt we will see Castelia CIty again.

    My question is something else... Why Driftveil? We know every single episode till BW122, where do you think that Driftveil fits in this?

  11. #26
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,391
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Quote Originally Posted by dino97 View Post
    "Hiun" was not mentioned anywhere in BW110,
    N mentioned it since that was his destination at the time. We don't know what exactly he did there, but it's probably over by now.

    My question is something else... Why Driftveil? We know every single episode till BW122, where do you think that Driftveil fits in this?
    Anthea and Concordia live in Driftveil in B2W2. Chances are that N will meet them in the city in the March 21st episode, and from there they'll go to the foggy forest.

  12. #27
    Shurororororo Playerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,848

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

  13. #28
    Registered User Darth Darkrai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    965
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Whoa Ho Ho Ho, Dragonite is possed by Team Plasma and is using Ice Beam this is go to GOOD.

  14. #29
    Shurororororo Playerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,848

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    The VA List

    Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Pikachu
    Axew
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Colress

    There's lots of other VA's listed like.

    Kensuke Sato: Iris's Dragonite
    Kiyotaka Furushima: Iris's Excadrill, Jessie's Woobat
    Chiaki Takahashi: Ash's Palpitoad, Jessie's Frillish
    Masaki Terasoma: Looker, Drayden
    Ken'yū Horiuchi: Cedric Juniper
    Yuichi Nakamura: N
    Masaka Aizawa: Ghetsis
    Akeno Watanabe: Ash's Scraggy, Angie
    Misato Fukuen: Ash's Oshawott
    Yūta Odagaki: Pokemon Trainer in an episode
    Last edited by Playerking; 5th March 2013 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

  15. #30
    ポケモンマスター はるひ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    亜米利加合衆国
    Posts
    445
    Blog Entries
    132
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW117: Plasma-Dan's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

    Pretty much everyone I expected to be in this episode.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 20th February 2013, 10:47 PM
  2. 19th February 2013, 11:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •