PREVIEW: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!" - Page 9

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW116 "Burn up, Charizard! VS Dragonite!!"

Oh Best Wishes team! Even older episodes aren't safe anymore!

EDIT: Yup, I checked...these are definitely old scenes animated in the new style (but we can't see if Ash's eyes were changed too). The original scene in Snow Way Out had far different lighting.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see every single one of those Kanto flashbacks redrawn in new animation purposely excludes Misty/Brock. I guess the writers really don't want anyone thinking they're going to show up due to the Kanto nostalgia going on with Charizard and Mewtwo, so they're purposely being excluded from the flashbacks.

Blog Entries

I love how Lizardon is burning him for old times sake.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be fair, Brock and Misty wouldn't be in the scene from Snow Way Out.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Were Misty and Brock even in those scenes in the original shots? I know they weren't in Snow Way Out, and the close-up of Ash and Charmeleon wouldn't allow any room at all for them.

I love how Lizardon is burning him for old times sake.
    Well the title is "Burn up, Lizardon!" :P

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Were Misty and Brock even in those scenes in the original shots? I know they weren't in Snow Way Out, and the close-up of Ash and Charmeleon wouldn't allow any room at all for them.
    The Charmeleon shot looks like it was based on the Paras/Parasect episode in Season 1, so they would have been there standing beside him.

Blog Entries

This is just too Priceless with Charizard burning Ash With Flamethrower Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    This is just too Priceless with Charizard burning Ash With Flamethrower Again.
    you can clearly tell Charizard is not done his training at Charicific Valley yet
    Last edited by fidjnr; 20th February 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Oh Yeah, You Think Buddy, but this is A Running Gag that is really good and it will still stick around to the end and hopefully that Charizard is still going to be around for a little while before he has to go back to the Valley.

I'm not too pleased with flashbacks being redrawn in the new style, but I guess it's more consistent this way. And yeah, the eyes were redrawn, look at the screenshot from Snow Way Out a few pages back.

I really can't wait for this episode!!! Haha, I feel like I'm 5, but I don't care. It's Lizardon, after all :D
    PockyAddict likes this.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    The Charmeleon shot looks like it was based on the Paras/Parasect episode in Season 1, so they would have been there standing beside him.
    It's based on the Exeggutor episode where Charmander evolved, and specifically on this shot which didn't include Misty or Brock to begin with.

You said the same thing about the Jasmine flashback in DP, even though Misty was obviously missing from the original shot which focused on Steelix hitting Pikachu. You also implied that there was a reason for Pikachu being chosen over Cyndaquil, and yet the latter ended up returning and evolving in the Sinnoh League.
    Last edited by Silktree; 20th February 2013 at 03:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It's based on the Exeggutor episode where Charmander evolved, and specifically on this shot which didn't include Misty or Brock to begin with.

You said the same thing about the Jasmine flashback in DP, even though Misty was obviously missing from the original shot which focused on Steelix hitting Pikachu. You also implied that there was a reason for Pikachu being chosen over Cyndaquil, and yet the latter ended up returning and evolving in the Sinnoh League.
    But that's just the thing, they're purposely including Kanto shots where Misty/Brock weren't around for. There are so many scenes with Charizard they could have used too. Even Orange Island shots that could have had Tracey in them, they're avoiding him too.

It seems the writers are making it clear that Misty/Brock won't be involved in this "Kanto nostalgia" event they have going on, they don't want to make the same mistakes they made back in DP when they had the Misty lure appear in Buizel's capture episode back in 2007.

Blog Entries

But that's just the thing, they're purposely including Kanto shots where Misty/Brock weren't around for. There are so many scenes with Charizard they could have used too. Even Orange Island shots that could have had Tracey in them, they're avoiding him too.

It seems the writers are making it clear that Misty/Brock won't be involved in this "Kanto nostalgia" event they have going on, they don't want to make the same mistakes they made back in DP when they had the Misty lure appear in Buizel's capture episode back in 2007.
    It's funny how you said that Dawn referencing Brock meant that he wouldn't appear later, and now Misty and Brock not being shoved into Charizard scenes they were never part of also means that the writers have no intentions of bringing them back. I sense a pattern more than a consistent argument.
    GibleKidd and martianmister like this.

You're reaching for something that isn't there. Brock and Misty aren't "purposely" excluded from those shots, Charizard is purposely starring in those shots. They aren't going for "nostalgia", they're going for advertisement/merchandising, with Charizard. That they're putting an emphasis on Charizard's return in no way proves anything about character's futures who happened to be in the same episodes as him.

Anyway, happy to see Charizard here. Can't wait to see the interactions between him and Dragonite.
    mwetwe likes this.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post

means that the writers have no intentions of bringing them back. I sense a pattern more than a consistent argument.
    Brock appeared in flashbacks both in BW087 and BW088 so despite not appearing in this flashback, you cant really argue that the anime is completely swerving away from mentioning them in the anime. I admit it is a little suspicious that they purposely missed out Brock and Misty scenes from this, but I have to agree with Giblekidd on this one, the focus is on Charizard and Ash, not Brock and misty.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast