PREVIEW: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!" - Page 6
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW116 "Burn up, Charizard! VS Dragonite!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    The writers decide to include Professor Oak in an episode about a Kanto festival, yet they didn't bring up Professor Elm when a similar festival about the Johto region occurred during an episode of DP. Professor Oak has a lot of favoritism in the anime.
    To be fair, Lyra got a ton of focus in the Johto festival episode. Maybe Oak plays a similar role in this one.

DP 131, 132, 186, 187, 188 and not to mention the entire Donamite, Meloetta two-parter, subway Rocket episode, Brycen's gym, Virbank...and the DP grand festivals, Glactic finale.....oh the list is very long,

So basically this Tomioka writes the battle/action-heavy episodes. I don't even know who he is a few minutes ago, and now I have become a fan of him. Basically any good episode in DP (the league and grand festivals) and BW (donamite) was written by him.

After seeing this, I speculate Dragonite vs Charizard to actually be good as this guy rarely writes fillers (Deino episode)

And Masaki Iwane will be animating this. I am looking forward for this episode now.

A shame he didn't write the league like he did for the past few regions. No wonder Unova League was terrible....maybe I'm being judgmental as I don't who else writes well...

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Given that Donamite was the best tourney of best wishes, Brycen's gym was the best-written gym of best wishes (probably, given that it's the only one where there were no new moves/evolutions and Ash actually used his brain and wasn't 6v3) I'd say this is going to be good.

I'm still waiting for proof that Ash doesn't catch that Charmander and witness it evolve twice in the same episode. And then proceeding to use his pokedex on it, of course.

Blog Entries

I don't think that Charizard is going to be Ash's Charizard.

Why? Because if Ash's Charizard is really coming, the two summaries will mention Charizard during the summaries apart from title. Also, because the last 3 times that Ash's Charizard appeared, other Charizard appeared shortly before the appareance. And mainly, because Charizard isn't in Kanto as ar as we know. It's in Johto in the Charific Valley with Liza.

This is the episode where Charizard re-appeareance will be setup but it is going to be anotther Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Why? Because if Ash's Charizard is really coming, the two summaries will mention Charizard during the summaries apart from title.
    The summaries don't mention any Charizard. There may as well be a good reason for the mystery, and I doubt that the Charmander is going to evolve twice in a single episode.

Also, because the last 3 times that Ash's Charizard appeared, other Charizard appeared shortly before the appareance
    Those Charizard weren't focused on. Note that the title implies that Dragonite is Charizard's opponent rather than the other way around.

And mainly, because Charizard isn't in Kanto as ar as we know. It's in Johto in the Charific Valley with Liza.
    I think it's conceivable for Charizard to fly to Pallet Town and let Professor Oak take it to Unova. I'd be surprised if we saw Liza again.
    Last edited by Silktree; 7th February 2013 at 04:52 PM.

It says that Professor Oak is appearing in person here again in which Ash and His Friends will be attending and sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Why? Because if Ash's Charizard is really coming, the two summaries will mention Charizard during the summaries apart from title.
    The summaries don't mention any Charizard. There may as well be a good reason for the mystery, and I doubt that the Charmander is going to evolve twice in a single episode.
    I know that may sound nonsense, but what if Colress is trying to develop a machine that forces evolution, similar to what Team Rocket did, back in Johto, and take Charmander as a test subject, then Dragonite, the White Knight, is chosen to battle it in order to calm it down?

That seems a bit weird. This does not feel like a Team Plasma Episode. Probably just an episode that is about a Kanto Festival that is happening in Unova which also Features N in this Cool and Exciting Episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerluk View Post
    Has it been confirmed anywhere that the charizard that appeared in the poster, or the one in this episode is definitely Ash's?
    The poster I mean is the one with Pansage on Charizard's back.
    Does anyone know if it's been confirmed Ash's Charizard is returning? If so, could you link me to where it says this? REALLY excited if he is.
    If you watch the intro carefully, you see Charizard is at the Ranch instead of with Liza. Problem is so is Primeape, which is why I think it might not be reliable.

----------------

EDIT: Just seen "Be An Arrow 2013" on youtube and saw the Blue Flare being blocked by Charizard's flamethrower.
    Last edited by farmerluk; 9th February 2013 at 11:21 AM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Yay, Charizard has Dragon Tail. I swear to God, if he doesn't use Seismic Toss, I'm gonna be mad.

Who're those people standing near Ash and co. I see Iris, Cilan and I think N, but who else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it's about time Charizard learned a new Dragon-type attack. Krookodile already had Dragon Claw, and Gible already knows Dragon Pulse. So Charizard learning Dragon Tail is appropriate here, even if we have seen it used by Trip's Serperior numerous times.

But why are Dragonite's eyes glowing red in that shot? Don't tell me it's out of control again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Well, it's about time Charizard learned a new Dragon-type attack. Krookodile already had Dragon Claw, and Gible already knows Dragon Pulse. So Charizard learning Dragon Tail is appropriate here, even if we have seen it used by Trip's Serperior numerous times.

But why are Dragonite's eyes glowing red in that shot? Don't tell me it's out of control again.
    Charizard known Dragon Rage in johtho and dragon breath in Battle frontier

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast