PREVIEW: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!" - Page 21
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Default Re: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

The filb preview had some extra footage, if anyone is interested.

Good thing they're not showing the flashback scenes. I bet they will be no more than 1 minute and you'll see a grand total of 20 seconds of Misty and Brock as most of it will focus on Charizard itself.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Good thing they're not showing the flashback scenes. I bet they will be no more than 1 minute and you'll see a grand total of 20 seconds of Misty and Brock as most of it will focus on Charizard itself.
    Jeez, what is your problem with flashbacks??

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessLieutenant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    It would have made more sense than the now confirmed (the summary posted earlier this page) idea that Oak transfers it from his lab, when he should still be in Johto.
    Ash might explain that he was reunited with Charizard during the gap between DP and Best Wishes. The writers did give us a heads up about this change when Charizard was included in Oak's ranch in the previous opening. This makes me wonder about Primeape.
    Perhaps the trip to Unova is too long of a flight so its easier for Charizard to fly back to Kanto and get transferred from there.
    i dont think ash called for him because if look at the extended scenes at the end of the actual preview. ash looks surprised to see him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    i dont think ash called for him because if look at the extended scenes at the end of the actual preview. ash looks surprised to see him
    but when i translated the summery, it clearly says that he calls oak to send over charizard... unless there was more to it than what they were giving me.

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi. View Post
    but when i translated the summery, it clearly says that he calls oak to send over charizard... unless there was more to it than what they were giving me.

im not saying he didn't call for him im just saying to me it doesnt look that way
    cr2f9i7.jpg

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

This episode is gonna be really exciting. Not that excited for Charizard, it's cool that he's an old Kanto Pokemon but we've seen it a bit too much. I'd of loved them to bring back Bayleef, have it finally evolve into Meganium and then make it battle Dragonite or whoever. I mean, there's so many of Ash's Pokemon that deserve screentime more than Charizard. Anyway, I'm really excited to see Kanto again. Disappointed we wont get any cameos from Misty and co, but a flashback is better than nothing although i'm sure it'll be a case of blink and you'll miss them :/

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    The filb preview had some extra footage, if anyone is interested.
    It's nice to see some more of the 'Zard in action to tide us over until next week. Hopefully Smash will also show some new footage of the episode on Sunday confirming that Charizard still has Seismic Toss in its arsenal.

I really am looking forward to this, and not just because of a fan favourite returning to the cast. This episode looks like the anime at its very best, which is something that I haven't felt throughout Best Wishes save for perhaps the Meowth/Battle Subway arc. Whether the return of Charizard and the whole Kanto Festival slant can be deemed as outright fanservice or a plotline to drive the series forward, it really seems like the writers have realised that they haven't given the show's continuity enough respect throughout this saga, and I hope that they continue in this vein for the rest of BW and in the future.

Finally, am I the only one who wonders what might be running through Iris and Cilan's minds in the first screenshot above? I would like to think that they are in complete shock and awe that Ash has such a strong Pokemon to call upon. I hope that Ash rubs Iris's nose in it a bit after all of the "such a kid" remarks she has made since they met.
    "My Dream..."

I doubt Iris will see Ash differently. Even when Dawn and Cynthia showed up the DP accomplishments were not mentioned.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I doubt Iris will see Ash differently.
    See him differently how?

She'll still "Kodomo ne" him no matter what accomplishments.

The 4 move thing hasn't really been consistent throughout the anime (see Cynthia's Garchomp), so I'm doubting that he lost any move for now.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    The 4 move thing hasn't really been consistent throughout the anime (see Cynthia's Garchomp), so I'm doubting that he lost any move for now.
    Actually, it has been pretty consistent in Best Wishes!
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi. View Post
    Maybe the summary's just wrong? Has that ever happened before? Because it's so odd about Oak sending Charizard, unless there'll be a flashback showing that, I don't know, Charizard was waiting for Satoshi when he came back from Sinnoh, or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Maybe the summary's just wrong? Has that ever happened before? Because it's so odd about Oak sending Charizard, unless there'll be a flashback showing that, I don't know, Charizard was waiting for Satoshi when he came back from Sinnoh, or something.
    no the scan was correct when i first translated it. satoshi tells N and his friends about it and then asks oak to send him over. he's probably happy in that scene you saw because maybe he's going to send out charizard to battle.

but i could be wrong. i did ask someone if my translation was right and they said yeah, though.

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    It's been fairly consistent since AG.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Meh, Pansage seems to be an exception lol.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast