PREVIEW: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!" - Page 20

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Kanto got plenty of continuity though. It's odd that they don't give the other generations much spotlight. Look at the way Johto was literally buried with Ash's Johto Pokemon never getting a chance to star and the writers refusing to make a Johto BF arc. Hoenn and Sinnoh fared better, but it makes you wonder if in the future the same will happen.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    This Kanto festival is a bit odd as there's no Kanto remake coming either.
    It kind of feels weird to me too. It isn't on the same level as the Johto festival during DP, especially when only Charizard and maybe Dragonite are promoted the most out of the Kanto Pokemon, but the way they're making a big deal about Kanto makes me wonder if they were expecting Kanto remakes at some point. It just feels weird to focus on a region like this when it isn't in the recent games and there's no sign of it being in X/Y, although we don't know much about the games to begin with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Kanto got plenty of continuity though. It's odd that they don't give the other generations much spotlight. Look at the way Johto was literally buried with Ash's Johto Pokemon never getting a chance to star and the writers refusing to make a Johto BF arc. Hoenn and Sinnoh fared better, but it makes you wonder if in the future the same will happen.
    I wouldn't say that they refused to make a Johto Battle Frontier arc. I think it would be more accurate to say that they didn't have time to put an arc in there. Even if they did cut back on some of the fillers during that year long gap between the seventh and eighth Gym battles, there wouldn't be enough time to finish off the Sinnoh League and then go to Johto for a Battle Frontier. With Ash doing the Battle Frontier and Dawn most likely going for another Grand Festival, it just wouldn't have fit in with the pacing they planned out for DP. The original Johto saga suffered more from relying on the Kanto Pokemon, similar to how the games relied on Kanto for the second half. I think that Kanto gets more attention than the others simply because it's the first generation and there are still plenty of popular/marketable Pokemon from that generation like Charizard.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They're probably going to show Gary in the flashbacks too since we're bound to see part of the Charizard Vs. Blastoise battle. I guess at most we'll see about 20 seconds of Misty/Brock, about 10 seconds of Gary, 30 seconds of Ash/Charizard moments, and maybe 10 seconds of other assorted stuff.

I doubt the flashback will be more than a minute.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Kanto Festivals are just to troll Trip.

I hope we see the return of the Magikarp Salesman in this episode, he's oddly relevant with the N plot and there are giant Magikarp up in the festival hall.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Lol someone didn't watch the Sinnoh League.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Kanto Festivals are just to troll Trip.

I hope we see the return of the Magikarp Salesman in this episode, he's oddly relevant with the N plot and there are giant Magikarp up in the festival hall.
    that Magikarp Salesman has tried to con Tracy but Tracy says no dice

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope they flashback or at least mention the Articuno battle. That's pretty much the extent of my hope at the moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    It just feels weird to focus on a region like this when it isn't in the recent games and there's no sign of it being in X/Y, although we don't know much about the games to begin with anyway.
    I don't know about Kanto itself, but Mewtwo starring in Movie 16 could very well be a precursor to some role in X and Y.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

I hope we see the return of the Magikarp Salesman in this episode.
    *Iris passing by*

"Young lady, are you an aspiring Dragon Master? I have this Magikarp for you. It will evolve into a big Gyarados which can learn all sorts of mighty Dragon Moves. And if you are lucky, the Gyarados will mate and will produce egg's so it can lay Magikarp egg's and you can train those to be mighty Gyarados and THOSE Gyarados will mate and will lay egg's again and you'll get even more mighty Gyarados!"
    Owain and martianmister like this.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Huh, so Misty and Brock are getting flashbacks, and Ash's Charizard is reappearing?

Meh, I don't care for the Misty and Brock thing, though the Charizard thing is kinda cool.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

The preview for this episode has me really excited, seeing all those Kanto Pokemon again and Charizard =]
    Misty and Brock's VAs being brought back for flashbacks? HA, wonder how much money they'll get paid for that?
    Man, the wait for this episode is going to kill me and I haven't felt this way for a while.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't see what you're saying. Misty still hasn't had a real appearance since 2005/6 since flashbacks don't count. The writers have never chosen Misty over May or Dawn for anything. The writers usually don't favor Kanto characters over new ones.
    Just like May and Dawn hasn't been choose over Misty for anything either. Writers rarely play favorites in this show, but point is how Misty and Brock are original and likely most iconic characters this show had setting up groundwork for future generations to come making with Ash pokemon become a hit in first place. For that reason alone they are guaranteed to never end up forgotten having chance to come back at any point if writers choose to do so.

And they did had most references so far in this show out of all ex companions(just saying).
    Not to mention biggest demand out of all group is for this two being reunited with Ash again reflecting how they still have even after decade strong following.

Charizard is like the sole exception. Even Gary has barely appeared about 5 times since 2002 and that was a decade ago.
    To be fair Gary isn't as important like ex main travel companions were. But writers still made sure to give him some recognition and update even after his rivalry officially ended with Ash in Johto serving as plotline to induce Ash to go to Sinnoh while playing valuable role in Ash Gligar evolution giving razor fang, battling hunter J and villain team etc.

Which is more than i can say foir Paul currently, making me slightly disappointed that we maybe wont see him again.

I hope Charizard shows pignite how to be a badass fire-type

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Oh gosh that flashback in the preview
    From Charizard Chills
    I love that scene
    I can't believe they reanimated it
    *trying to stay cool but can't*

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It would have made more sense than the now confirmed (the summary posted earlier this page) idea that Oak transfers it from his lab, when he should still be in Johto.
    Ash might explain that he was reunited with Charizard during the gap between DP and Best Wishes. The writers did give us a heads up about this change when Charizard was included in Oak's ranch in the previous opening. This makes me wonder about Primeape.
    Perhaps the trip to Unova is too long of a flight so its easier for Charizard to fly back to Kanto and get transferred from there.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast