PREVIEW: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!" - Page 11
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Interesting, it says (and this was kinda hard but I did this on my own) that during the Kanto Fair, a charmander hurts itself during a performance. While waiting for charmander to recover, (and this is where it got tricky) Satoshi and his friends recall the time where his charizard was a charmander. They began to speak to N (who's in latah)

Gah, nothing new.

EDIT: The description mentions lata (latah in english) Latah is a cultural specific reaction to stress (southeast Asia to be exact) where the person engages in repetitive speech or they daze and hyperventilate. I think the reason the scan mentioned it was because this charmander and N pretty much engage in conversation while the Pokemon is in latah. Which makes sense because N can sync and talk to Pokemon.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by みさあき; 26th February 2013 at 02:18 PM.

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

VA List.

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Pikachu
    Axew
    Misty
    Brock
    N
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Brock? I know it's unlikely, but if his VA is here, maybe we can get a Marlon cameo?
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

The Misty/Brock voices are probably from Kanto flashbacks. They're obviously not in person.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    The Misty/Brock voices are probably from Kanto flashbacks. They're obviously not in person.
    How do you think the dub's going to handle it? >_<

Will Bill Rogers dub over Brock and Michele Knotz dub over Misty for the Kanto flashbacks, or will the scene play with them moving lips and no sound coming from them? I'm thinking it's the latter.

Depends if the Japanese use the actual clips of old episodes or its new scenes based on old episodes.

We already have seen scans or this ep with Charizard alngside Ash/Iris/Cilan....so nobody else is in the episode. Its either flashbacks or a video call.

Depends if the Japanese use the actual clips of old episodes or its new scenes based on old episodes.

We already have seen scans or this ep with Charizard alngside Ash/Iris/Cilan....so nobody else is in the episode. Its either flashbacks or a video call.
    Ah, I see. Either way, it's fine. Just wondering what they might do.

I really hope this doesn't get out of hand before we get more info on the episodes. This brings back memories of 2007 with the Misty lure appearing and people wrongly assuming Misty would show up.

I really hope this doesn't get out of hand before we get more info on the episodes. This brings back memories of 2007 with the Misty lure appearing and people wrongly assuming Misty would show up.
    Yeah, this is going to get people's hopes up for nothing, then. Just like back in DP in '07. What was the ep with the Misty Lure called again..."Buizel Your Way Out of This!" or something?
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 27th February 2013 at 12:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Which flashbacks make sense because from what I translated, they will be recalling the time where Satoshi's charizard was a charmander and N is there to talk to it. I'm think those two will only appear in flash back.

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

For the most part we've SEEN scans of this episode with Charizard alongside Ash/Iris/Cilan. If any of Ash's older friends were around they would be in the shots.

Think logically, its likely going to be voices from the Kanto flashback episodes.

Default Re: BW116 "Burn up, Charizard! VS Dragonite!!"

I see every single one of those Kanto flashbacks redrawn in new animation purposely excludes Misty/Brock. I guess the writers really don't want anyone thinking they're going to show up due to the Kanto nostalgia going on with Charizard and Mewtwo, so they're purposely being excluded from the flashbacks.
    Regardless of whether or not the writers want viewers to expect an actual return, you were plainly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Regardless of whether or not the writers want viewers to expect an actual return, you were plainly wrong.
    Based on what they were showing at the time, that's what I was led to believe.

If they do show flashbacks to the Kanto journey I wonder if they'll just re-use old sound clips of Misty/Brock from Kanto rather than go through the trouble of contacting their VA's.

Based on what they were showing at the time, that's what I was led to believe.
    That's what you wanted to believe. The original shots didn't have Misty or Brock in them, so you were reading too much into nothing.

If they do show flashbacks to the Kanto journey I wonder if they'll just re-use old sound clips of Misty/Brock from Kanto rather than go through the trouble of contacting their VA's.
    They'll need to pay them anyway. They've contacted both of them just recently (for the Marlon episode and the radio show).

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    They'll need to pay them. anyway. They've contacted both of them just recently (for the Marlon episode and the radio show).
    They probably recorded their lines back then, assuming they re-did their Kanto flashback dialogue.

We know for a fact they don't physically show up as we've seen the scans of the actual episodes. Not to mention the writers would never purposely hide the return of an old companion, they flat out plastered Dawn on the website and on the BW2 poster despite only having a minor role.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast