PREVIEW: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!! - Page 21

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 316
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

  1. #301
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Krookodile flying in the air is probably one of the more amusing things I've seen in this saga.

  2. #302
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,077
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Maybe Krookodile loses stone edge so Boldore can "learn" stone edge in mid battle to beat Hydreigon later. Apparently to the writers 2 pokemon on the main cast knowing the same move is a sin or something.
    Two problems, Unfezant already knows Aerial Ace and Boldore already forgot Stone Edge
    well we know now what move is getting erased.

  3. #303
    Registered User Rajagopal90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    India
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Watching Krookodile fly is awesome.. is it learning aerial ace which can be the only flying move it can legitimately learn..

  4. #304
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Guys, maybe Pokemon can actually learn more than 4 attacks, but they actually can't use more than 4 in the same battle. I mean, we have seen Trip's Serperior to use 6 moves: Frenzy Plant, Energy Ball, SolarBeam, Dragon Tail, Wrap and Leer. I doubt someone like Trip would really make his Pokemon to forget such powerful moves as Frenzy Plant or Solar Beam, so maybe Pokemon can actually learn more than 4 moves, but only use 4 of them in battle.

    Besides, there's the fact of the TM, which can be used several times to make a Pokemon learn, forget or even "re-learn" some moves. By TM, Krookodile can learn Dig, Aerial Ace, Dragon Claw and Stone Edge. So Krookodile can forget and recover these moves any time he wants, but Crunch can't be learn by TM, so he can't forget this one. Besides, how can you make a Pokemon crocodile forget to use his teeth as weapon, when teeth is the "signature weapon" for crocodiles? Don't you think I'm right? That would be easier for fans to accept that make a Pokemon lose one of its favourites moves.

    Besides, don't forget the particulary case of Virgil's Eevee. In the Unova League, it has offensive attacks; but in its job as Pokemon Rescue, it also has moves to help its partners with Helping Hand and Protect. So maybe Pokemon can actually learn more than 4 moves, but only use 4 of them in battle.

  5. #305
    The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,412
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Aerial Ace? Who would've expected a flying-type move... Awesome new addition to its moveset.
    Playerking and 투 애니원 like this.

  6. #306
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    OK, I hate to admit it, but maybe Krookodile's Crunch is really going to be story. I have checked old videos of Pokemon Battles where a Pokemon uses Bite or Crunch, and there's something strange in it. In most of the times, it's not shown how the Pokemon "bites" the opponent. As you know, in the anime is really hard to see a Pokemon using a Ground Type attacks that involves quaking the earth; mainly because in Japan earthquakes are really common and destructives.

    I think something similar happens with Bite and Crunch. I mean, in reality, if a tiny animal bites you (like a crocodile baby) that's not a big deal. But instead, if a big and dangerous animal like an adult crocodile bites you, that can be very unpleasant. So, maybe they are erasing Krookodile's Crunch because is more unpleasant to see it now; since as a Sandile, his teeth was more "inoffensive" than now, when he's an ferocious Krookodile. And the animators probably don't want any "violent biting scenes", like in the first movie, when Charizardtwo bit Ash's Charizard in the neck.

    However, I still find as a nonsense to make a Dark Type Pokemon not having any Dark Type move. As far as I see, they will have to replace Aerial Ace in the future for another move; I bet for Dark Pulse. So, what do you think of this?

  7. #307
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scizorhands View Post
    OK, I hate to admit it, but maybe Krookodile's Crunch is really going to be story. I have checked old videos of Pokemon Battles where a Pokemon uses Bite or Crunch, and there's something strange in it. In most of the times, it's not shown how the Pokemon "bites" the opponent. As you know, in the anime is really hard to see a Pokemon using a Ground Type attacks that involves quaking the earth; mainly because in Japan earthquakes are really common and destructives.

    I think something similar happens with Bite and Crunch. I mean, in reality, if a tiny animal bites you (like a crocodile baby) that's not a big deal. But instead, if a big and dangerous animal like an adult crocodile bites you, that can be very unpleasant. So, maybe they are erasing Krookodile's Crunch because is more unpleasant to see it now; since as a Sandile, his teeth was more "inoffensive" than now, when he's an ferocious Krookodile. And the animators probably don't want any "violent biting scenes", like in the first movie, when Charizardtwo bit Ash's Charizard in the neck.

    However, I still find as a nonsense to make a Dark Type Pokemon not having any Dark Type move. As far as I see, they will have to replace Aerial Ace in the future for another move; I bet for Dark Pulse. So, what do you think of this?
    I disagree. It's not pleasant when a animal scratches you (Dragon Claw), or when another stabs you from the ground either (Dig, as some kind of snakes), and yet he learnt both.

    I bet my money on Dragon Claw, actually. Ok, he learnt recently, but it's not as effective as Stone Edge. Besides, what else will he do but attack at melee range, if he forget Stone Edge?

  8. #308
    G50
    G50 is online now
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,761
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Last edited by G50; 12th December 2012 at 12:58 AM.


  9. #309
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,077
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    OMG I'm thinking Pignite evolves and beats Hydreigon and then Riolu evolves to beat Emboar.

  10. #310
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,882
    Blog Entries
    780

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    OMG I'm thinking Pignite evolves and beats Hydreigon and then Riolu evolves to beat Emboar.
    I'm pretty sure it's stock art, specifically from this. Could be wrong, though.

    "Playing around?" Wrong.

  11. #311
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    466

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    I don't know what move Krookodile will most likely lose, but I want him to lose crunch. Im not bothered if he doesn't have a dark type move (Gliscor's final move set didn't have any flying or ground type moves, and it was a sweet move set), and I find crunch to be the most ineffective move in his move set anyway. I don't want him to lose stone edge since it gives Krookodile good long range abilities, Dig is good for dodging and attacking and he just learnt dragon claw. Swiping someone to attack is a lot more effective and easier than biting an opponent

  12. #312
    samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Posts
    4,550
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    OMG I'm thinking Pignite evolves and beats Hydreigon and then Riolu evolves to beat Emboar.
    On top of what Karamazov has said, that has nothing to do with Ash's battle with Kenyan.

  13. #313
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,077
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Battle Coach View Post
    I don't know what move Krookodile will most likely lose, but I want him to lose crunch. Im not bothered if he doesn't have a dark type move (Gliscor's final move set didn't have any flying or ground type moves, and it was a sweet move set), and I find crunch to be the most ineffective move in his move set anyway. I don't want him to lose stone edge since it gives Krookodile good long range abilities, Dig is good for dodging and attacking and he just learnt dragon claw. Swiping someone to attack is a lot more effective and easier than biting an opponent
    Even when said pokemon's jaws can supposedly crush an automobile?

  14. #314
    Registered User L-05308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Yateley, England
    Posts
    486
    Blog Entries
    11
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    I was honestly pleased that the writers decided to fix Unfezant, Leavanny and Palpitoad's movesets because they all suck. Turns out every reserve is getting a new move, that is dumb because Krookodile and Boldore have great movesets. I hope Krookodile isn't lerning a move to be honest but if anything, get rid of Crunch and I hope to Arceus that this turns out to be Foul Play or Payback somhow.

    Luckily, no new move has been annouced for Boldore, hope it stays that way.

  15. #315
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Even when said pokemon's jaws can supposedly crush an automobile?
    And yet they don't mutilate each other :T

    Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    I was honestly pleased that the writers decided to fix Unfezant, Leavanny and Palpitoad's movesets because they all suck. Turns out every reserve is getting a new move, that is dumb because Krookodile and Boldore have great movesets. I hope Krookodile isn't lerning a move to be honest but if anything, get rid of Crunch and I hope to Arceus that this turns out to be Foul Play or Payback somhow.

    Luckily, no new move has been annouced for Boldore, hope it stays that way.
    Despite my bad taste about Unfezant in general not changing, I'm glad they fixed their movesets too. All that Leavanny needs now is some Grass move, like Leaf Blade, to replace Razor Leaf, and maybe something to replace String Shot. Either way, Leavanny will be fine with that. And Palpitoad's 4th move gap is finally going to be filled, though I think he needs some melee move.

    All leads to Krookodile learning Aerial Ace. Which move is going to get rid of, that remains to be seen.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 19th December 2012, 03:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •