PREVIEW: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!" - Page 22

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 316 to 320 of 320
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

  1. #316
    Ma-ho-ho-ho! TeddiUrsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    877
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Uh, I see nothing wrong about Pikachu defeating a Samurott and a Swanna, the latter with 4x weakness against electric-type. Also, it's Ash's Pikachu. :T

    the second Samurott is actually Zoroark
    Type weaknesses aren't my point ( type weaknesses usually don't matter in BW anyway, for some reason). My point is that Pikachu, the Pokémon that has a ton of regions and big wins under its invisible belt, gets to beat 2 of Kotetsu's Pokémon and keeps shining like it did in most of BW while other Pokémon of Satoshi probably get shafted bacause of this. I hope Tsutarja and Palpitoad can actually shine in this match as well. Tsutarja would make as much sense in beating Samurott as Pikachu does by the way.
    Swana is really a boring Pokémon battle-wise in my eyes anyway...

  2. #317
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

    @Ash's Battle Coach

    That's my bad, I haven't' seen all these magazine scans and previews that everyone else has. I gotta check em out sometime later on today. Wow, Pikachu better show that power that it usually does during league time! Glad it takes down Swanna considering the battle it had with one in the 6th gym. Maybe Boldore is the one sitting out? I mean based on the scan it has Oshawott AND Palpitoad, the 2 other Unova starters, Unfezant AND Boldore with Pikachu and Riolu on the with their battle faces on.

    Can't wait to see what happens.

    @Metan

    I don't know how well the anime follows the game in that situation. When burned a Pokemon's Attack power decreases, and Hydro Cannon is a Sp. Attack so I don't think that is the case.

    Yeah based on the preview it would seem the Riolu finishes off the battle but we shall see. If that attack it was using isn't Vacumm Wave then it might be Sonicboom after all considering BW has had a couple Pokemon use Wing Attack that aren't "legally" supposed to so Sonicboom wouldn't be an exception to this rule.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

  3. #318
    Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    915
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

    My PC doesn't like the uploads, what do the most recent ones show?

  4. #319
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    When quoting someone, please make sure to only quote the parts that are relevant to your post. That way, we don't get giant text pyramids.
    Oh, I'm sorry. D:

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Uh, I see nothing wrong about Pikachu defeating a Samurott and a Swanna, the latter with 4x weakness against electric-type. Also, it's Ash's Pikachu. :T

    the second Samurott is actually Zoroark
    Type weaknesses aren't my point ( type weaknesses usually don't matter in BW anyway, for some reason). My point is that Pikachu, the Pokémon that has a ton of regions and big wins under its invisible belt, gets to beat 2 of Kotetsu's Pokémon and keeps shining like it did in most of BW while other Pokémon of Satoshi probably get shafted bacause of this. I hope Tsutarja and Palpitoad can actually shine in this match as well. Tsutarja would make as much sense in beating Samurott as Pikachu does by the way.
    Swana is really a boring Pokémon battle-wise in my eyes anyway...
    Don't forget Hydreigon is considered a "Secret Weapon". It may turns out Hydreigon will beat Ash's Pokémon like Paul's Drapion did, back in Sinnoh League. They can make the one that didn't supposedly shine on the battlefield to beat Hydreigon, and that's where Pignite is.

    Or they can just screw up everything =p
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    @Metan

    I don't know how well the anime follows the game in that situation. When burned a Pokemon's Attack power decreases, and Hydro Cannon is a Sp. Attack so I don't think that is the case.

    Yeah based on the preview it would seem the Riolu finishes off the battle but we shall see. If that attack it was using isn't Vacumm Wave then it might be Sonicboom after all considering BW has had a couple Pokemon use Wing Attack that aren't "legally" supposed to so Sonicboom wouldn't be an exception to this rule.
    Uhm, the bad thing is I don't recall such case happening before. My theory is as screwed as that "Hydro Cannon" :T

    I think it is Vacuum Wave. Ok, the attack seems more like with Sonicboom, but I can't see Riolu giving the same trouble to Pikachu as he would do with Vacuum Wave.
    Last edited by Metan; 27th November 2012 at 02:50 PM.


    Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

  5. #320
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    @Metan

    I don't know how well the anime follows the game in that situation. When burned a Pokemon's Attack power decreases, and Hydro Cannon is a Sp. Attack so I don't think that is the case.

    Yeah based on the preview it would seem the Riolu finishes off the battle but we shall see. If that attack it was using isn't Vacumm Wave then it might be Sonicboom after all considering BW has had a couple Pokemon use Wing Attack that aren't "legally" supposed to so Sonicboom wouldn't be an exception to this rule.
    Uhm, the bad thing is I don't recall such case happening before. My theory is as screwed as that "Hydro Cannon" :T

    I think it is Vacuum Wave. Ok, the attack seems more like with Sonicboom, but I can't see Riolu giving the same trouble to Pikachu as he would do with Vacuum Wave.
    Haha I know man I know...

    True, but the attack animation for most attacks have changed from DP to BW not to mention that some attacks look very simliar to others like Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power/Zap Cannon/Energy Ball

    So, really there is no telling I mean a female Crogunk had a Vacuum Wave that looked like hearts if I remember correctly and Zoey's Gallade had an epic variation of the move. Plus in the opening Riolu has like a clear tunnel blowing around it and then it fires the wave (that does favor Sonicboom) so yeah most likely it is Vacuum Wave.
    Metan likes this.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 23rd October 2012, 01:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •