PREVIEW: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!" - Page 14

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    There was also Krabby/Kingler's overwhelmingly BS victory against all three of Mandy's pokemon. That's what always tainted the Kanto league for me.
    Haha, I see what you mean but I like Ash's Kingler so that really didn't bother me too much I suppose. I'd take that battle over his lost to Ritchie because that could have been a good 3 on 3 if TR hadn't gotten in the way beforehand.

But I know what you're saying Krabby was highly inexperienced heck the only "training" we saw from it was when Oak used it to deliver his tea and snacks from the kitchen in "Showdown at the Poke-Corral" when Gary, Ash, Misty and Brock went to visit Oak's lab for info on the league.

Add lordbryan567 on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    @lordbryan567

Ouch, please don't remind me of that Tom & Jerry final round between Ash and Tyson. I was furious to see that Meowth went toe to toe with Pikachu's electric attacks. Don't get me wrong no matter what type uses Thunderbolt it usually ends up tying with Pikachu's but for Meowth's Thunderbolt to be even with Pikachu's Thunder attack that was the last straw...

But back to other matters, yeah OL had a lot more going for it; Snorlax was caught, Lapras was one of my favorites, we see Charizard listen to Ash and seeing him beat a Dragonite (wow first time I thought about how he beat one this season as well haha and it was Iris' to boot).

I couldn't agree more because of that diversity in moves, Ash could be at a disadvantage. Could really see Scraggy evolving soon but that's just an opinion.

Oshawott only knows water moves aside from Tackle, Snivy nothing but Grass aside from Attract, Pignite nothing but Fire moves except Tackle of all moves...and it being a dual Fighting type you'd think it would learn a move from that element as well. Unfezant nothing but Flying moves except Quick Attack. Aside from Razor Leaf and Energy Ball, Leavanny really doesn't have much going for it at all where are its deadly moves like Leaf Blade and X-Scissor?

Vincent really does have the advantage with his Eevees knowing a large move pool of attacks.
    well, i purposely left out all the normal typed moves

and lapras, doubt we'll ever see him again. and if kotetsu really as a hydregion, i hope ash used charizard( lost to duke's dragonite) to beat it

leavany does learn x scizzor in the battle with stephan from the magazine though.

as for evolutions, oshawott just cannot evolve cause of it's personality. ill put my bey on scraggy or palpitoad evolving if any of ash's are to evolve this league

There was also Krabby/Kingler's overwhelmingly BS victory against all three of Mandy's pokemon. That's what always tainted the Kanto league for me.
    well that episode pretty much sealed that league as one of my faves

really hoping to see kingler in action again some time soon, it really needs screen time. not sure if kingler or palpitoad has more eps as of now, lol

Haha, I see what you mean but I like Ash's Kingler so that really didn't bother me too much I suppose. I'd take that battle over his lost to Ritchie because that could have been a good 3 on 3 if TR hadn't gotten in the way beforehand.

But I know what you're saying Krabby was highly inexperienced heck the only "training" we saw from it was when Oak used it to deliver his tea and snacks from the kitchen in "Showdown at the Poke-Corral" when Gary, Ash, Misty and Brock went to visit Oak's lab for info on the league.
    i love kingler for some unknown reason. too bad in johto league it had to save some voltob / electrode and wasent able to participate.... spoiled that league for me.

and TR totally screw ash's match. but somehow im hoping i'd happen again for the unova league, mainly cause unova has been pretty much dull
    Last edited by Karamazov; 21st November 2012 at 09:37 AM.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So Bianca vs. Kotetsu is at least a 2-on-2 battle (probably a 3-on-3). It's nice to see Escavalier being used again. I wonder what moves it will use.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rajagopal90 View Post
    @Musashi: I think you are wholly wrong.. many accept that kanto league was the best till sinnoh league replaced it(whether its fillers/battles/catching pokes)..
    I completely disagree with that.

BW seems totally awkward considering they are trying a remake of original(Ash at age 10 again)..
    He was never older than 10.

its more unpredictable,weak teams,concentrating on one single character/poke for 7 eps and again shifting to other.. in all this saga nd league is worse than any other to be exact
    I completely disagree with that too.
    Karamazov likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    So Bianca vs. Kotetsu is at least a 2-on-2 battle (probably a 3-on-3). It's nice to see Escavalier being used again. I wonder what moves it will use.
    My guess

Giga impact
    Megahorn
    iron head
    Aerial ace.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    @Musashi: I think you are wholly wrong.. many accept that kanto league was the best till sinnoh league replaced it(whether its fillers/battles/catching pokes)..
    I completely disagree with that.

BW seems totally awkward considering they are trying a remake of original(Ash at age 10 again)..
    He was never older than 10.

its more unpredictable,weak teams,concentrating on one single character/poke for 7 eps and again shifting to other.. in all this saga nd league is worse than any other to be exact
    I completely disagree with that too.
    Ash being 10 in every league is just unacceptable logically but when mentioned in the anime abt his age i think its oly twice/thrice saying its 10..
    u cant disagree with the fact that stil some of his pokes need battle training/better moves.. no one predicted ash vs trip would be 1 vs 1 and it would be prelims till episode titles/images are revealed.. u cant deny..,, the attention Iris got after Ash winning 8th badge.. i mean it should have been done before if writers want to develop her character n pokes.. can u tel some reasons why kanto is worse than BW???

Blog Entries

@lordbryan567

Oh my bad, I just listed the normal moves to show that they would be the only "diverse" attacks in their move-set I mean for goodness sake Palpitoad still only have 3 moves! It gets STAB from the two offensive ones and like Snivy's Attract, its Supersonic is meant to be a status move to disrupt the opponent.

Really wish Boldore had evolved by now a simple trade that is all that is needed. Scraggy yes, again I really feel that it will evolve soon. Most likely because it will be the key to mastering Focus Blast all I can think about it his Snorunt evolving into Glalie before the league and it will be interesting to see Ash with 2 Pokemon that Grimsely (the Dark type trainer in the league in the BW games) has.

I am a bit disappointed that his "rival" won't get that rival beat down that Ash delivers in the leagues of time past...

Guess the writers having him beat Trip in Round 1 between their starter Pokemon is their way of equating to that full battle but I don't think of it that way. Oh well, seriously what could happen from him winning the league? His main goal was to beat Alder but then in the Jr Cup after he lost, Alder told him something (no clue what it was, can't speak Japanese...) but whatever it was must have been something about how strength isn't everything. With that Trip's "story line" is pretty much ended.

I know you can't help but love that red/orange crab haha Really cool in my book being the first of Ash's Pokemon to use Hyper Beam and Crabhammer in the Whirl Cup was epic! Re watch it to see its long-range version of the attack!

Yeah, it was really shortchanged in the Johto League it was a complete rip-off...

Add lordbryan567 on Facebook

@lordbryan567

Oh my bad, I just listed the normal moves to show that they would be the only "diverse" attacks in their move-set I mean for goodness sake Palpitoad still only have 3 moves! It gets STAB from the two offensive ones and like Snivy's Attract, its Supersonic is meant to be a status move to disrupt the opponent.

Really wish Boldore had evolved by now a simple trade that is all that is needed. Scraggy yes, again I really feel that it will evolve soon. Most likely because it will be the key to mastering Focus Blast all I can think about it his Snorunt evolving into Glalie before the league and it will be interesting to see Ash with 2 Pokemon that Grimsely (the Dark type trainer in the league in the BW games) has.

I am a bit disappointed that his "rival" won't get that rival beat down that Ash delivers in the leagues of time past...

Guess the writers having him beat Trip in Round 1 between their starter Pokemon is their way of equating to that full battle but I don't think of it that way. Oh well, seriously what could happen from him winning the league? His main goal was to beat Alder but then in the Jr Cup after he lost, Alder told him something (no clue what it was, can't speak Japanese...) but whatever it was must have been something about how strength isn't everything. With that Trip's "story line" is pretty much ended.

I know you can't help but love that red/orange crab haha Really cool in my book being the first of Ash's Pokemon to use Hyper Beam and Crabhammer in the Whirl Cup was epic! Re watch it to see its long-range version of the attack!

Yeah, it was really shortchanged in the Johto League it was a complete rip-off...
    palpitoad seems like kanto's muk to me, muk only has 3 moves too if i remember correctly... we need more of him too! yea glalie evolved right before the league, same could happen agaim but i dont think so, if any evolutions will hapen now it probably as to be during a match. but we all know a krabby/ kinger like victory will never be seen as as ash goes up against rivals in every round...

trip was basically overpowered since the start. imo, pikachu should be able to knock it out with 1 or 2 moves like iron tail or volt tackel. hope pikachu doesnt win narrowly this time. i want ash to mop the floor with trip. too bad the red/ orange crab wont be the one to do the honors, haha. kingler thrashing seperior would be the most epic thing ever!

ad after being shortchanged in jhoto, it was never seen for 2 arcs... about time for it to reappear and mop the competition

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    My guess

Giga impact
    Megahorn
    iron head
    Aerial ace.
    If only the writers were that cool with move sets -_-.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Palpitoad is definatly a Kanto-esc reserve, like Muk it has only ever been brought to the team for a significant reason; Don Battle, Elesa fight, Roxie fight and league. All of Ash's other unova pokemon have are known to have been travelling with him

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    Palpitoad is definatly a Kanto-esc reserve, like Muk it has only ever been brought to the team for a significant reason; Don Battle, Elesa fight, Roxie fight and league. All of Ash's other unova pokemon have are known to have been travelling with him
    That's cuz the writers can't stop whoring out Mijumaru lol.
    L-05308 likes this.

So apparently some kind of announcement will be made with this episode. Anyone know anything about that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    So apparently some kind of announcement will be made with this episode. Anyone know anything about that?
    There has? All I've seen is the summary, and it mentions Ash/Trips and Bianca/Kotetsu's battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    There has? All I've seen is the summary, and it mentions Ash/Trips and Bianca/Kotetsu's battle.
    http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1433#Comments

The first match of the Isshu League is the destined battle between Satoshi and Shootie! Pikachu has been rendered unable to move by Jalorda, but attempts one last gamble? And then, the match between Kotetsu and Bel takes an unexpected turn as well...?
    Also, an important announcement will be made?
    It's not part of the actual episode plot summary below in the link, so...

Blog Entries

What's happening after the league? I can't think of what other thing they'd be announcing.

I wonder if we'll get a hint of what it's about tonight.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 23rd October 2012, 01:49 AM