PREVIEW: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!" - Page 5

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

So far ppl have been mentioning that there is a league match up first b/w Ash and Trip.. to be honest its not likely to happen since this ep is just abt the unova league opening wher they wil explain how to progress in it.. And abt the screenshot of Serperior pounding Pikachu; am sure its not from Ash's flashback bcoz this is the 1st time Pikachu battles Serperior after it has evolved.. my opinion is its a practice battle to see how both are preparing for league.. and its sad to see pikachu being hit back and Ash's battle preparations is not as much shown as expected.. may be in next ep ther comes a rival battle which can afford to our expectations,predictions nd dreams and will giv a clear picture of the league nd rival matches i guess.

Blog Entries

Maybe the Ash vs Trip match will begin near the end of the episode with Serperior vs Pikachu then being concluded in the next episode.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

I just hope ash loses straight away, i want this saga to end as soon as possible, replacing the music score killed everything for me, but it would be nice to see his reserves back, it could sway me over a bit, but this has been the most forgettable saga ever.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buizel View Post
    I just hope ash loses straight away, i want this saga to end as soon as possible, replacing the music score killed everything for me, but it would be nice to see his reserves back, it could sway me over a bit, but this has been the most forgettable saga ever.
    That's one way to get to the point. But I think it would be even more rushed if Ash wasn't in the league as long. But I know what you mean. I'm not like alot of folks here but i like Trip and I do want to see him win the league even though that probably won't happen.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well here comes the required Concreat wall in the freeway.... i bet ash gets down to the final slot and OMG! LOSES!
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Assuming none of the rivals battle each other, I assume it'll be like this:

3 on 3 matches:

- Ash Vs. Stephen
    - Ash Vs. Kotetsu
    - Ash Vs. Bianca

6 on 6 natches:

- Ash Vs. Virgil
    - Ash Vs. Trip

The league will go on for the usual 8 or so episodes, and with the first 3 rivals getting one episode and the last two getting 2 episodes, it seems about right.

Also keep in mind all of Ash's Unova Pokemon are probably going to get at least one battle. You need room for them all + Pikachu.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As many others have stated, this League does not spark my interest, my excitement, nor my hope. Best Wishes has generally been craptastic with their battle presentations and their story-building with the rivals have ranged to mishandled potential to just plain who the fuck cares.

If it were up to me the Unova League would last like, two episodes. First one, Ash beats Trip in the preliminaries. Second episode, Ash loses to whoever I don't care in the first round. THEN WE CAN MOVE ON TO OTHER THINGS.

Normally I'm psyched for League arcs lasting a long time. This time, I want it to be over with so damn quickly. Bianca's the only one I even remotely care about in terms of wanting her to do well in this League. Other than that, I don't think any of these contenders deserve to rank past the Top 16, so the fact that most of them probably will is insulting to me. Trip's progression makes no goddamn sense and he's a xenophobe newb, why am I supposed to care how well he does? How am I supposed to buy that his Serperior is the Flash when he's had only one arc in the series where he was portrayed as anything other than average? What will Ash have accomplished when he beats Trip, really?

And why should I want Ash to win when the majority of his Pokemon haven't graduated past goddamn Tackle? Most of the Pokemon with actual character have not only failed to evolve, but failed to develop decent move sets. I dunno about everyone else, but I do not want to see eight episodes of trainwrecks in terms of battles and characters. The World Tournament Junior Cup was painful enough, good god. I do not want to see a Best Wishes League.

There is pretty much NOTHING worth getting excited for, except for the fact that the League is a sign that the main story is almost over. Even then, there's no telling that whatever follows that will be any better. So even though the writers probably wouldn't be bold enough to change their League format, I'd be perfectly happy if this League lasted two episodes with everyone except Bianca getting wiped out early on.

--Check that, make it one episode.

Check that, make it ten minutes within one episode.

... Perfect! :D
    Last edited by Shinneth; 24th October 2012 at 04:04 PM.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

3 on 3 matches:

- Ash Vs. Stephen
    - Ash Vs. Kotetsu
    - Ash Vs. Bianca

6 on 6 natches:

- Ash Vs. Virgil
    - Ash Vs. Trip
    And chances are, some of them very likely will battle each other. Best to not try to fill up as many battle rounds for Ash just to get him to the final round.

There's no reason to believe that Ash will win this league and if I were you, I'd be prepared for the worst just so you don't set yourself up for a bigger fall. Better accept it now before it's too late.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Usually, I'd welcome the unpredictability of the leagues. And this is shaping up to be the most unpredictable league of all time. However, with Ash's team far weaker than his Johto,Hoenn,Sinnoh, and even Kanto's team which had Charizard, im scared he might only make top 16 at best or worst top 64. His Unova team of like what 8 or 9 plus Pika just doesn't seem like they're a high enough level to assure his ascent to top 4. Don't get me wrong, i think it is still possible for him to make top 4 since the competition in this league happens to be far weaker than even kanto's or johto's league which Ash participated in, but with a most unpredictable series thus far and knowing how best wishes series loves to screw Ash over, I would say that even with Ash facing up against the weakest competition he has ever faced in the league's, it still may be possible for him to be knocked out in the top 16 or top 8, or maybe even at the start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post

3 on 3 matches:

- Ash Vs. Stephen
    - Ash Vs. Kotetsu
    - Ash Vs. Bianca

6 on 6 natches:

- Ash Vs. Virgil
    - Ash Vs. Trip
    And chances are, some of them very likely will battle each other. Best to not try to fill up as many battle rounds for Ash just to get him to the final round.

There's no reason to believe that Ash will win this league and if I were you, I'd be prepared for the worst just so you don't set yourself up for a bigger fall. Better accept it now before it's too late.
    I have a better question, who is he to lose to?

How I do see things :
    6-league episode (it makes a 7 episode arc with virgil appearence) so we have everything wrapped up on december 27th if everything is alright. (and then a new opening for january 2013)

Preliminaries with random people
    3vs3
    Ash vs Kotetsu (with Bianca beating Stephen because he beat her so many times, Ash doesn't have to face every "rival", he didn't have a fight with Barry in Sinnoh league)
    Ash vs Bianca

6vs6
    Ash vs Trip with Pikachu vs Jalorda being the last matchup. No way Ash could lose this one.
    Ash vs Virgil (Virgil wins with a 6G eeveelution) OR ash beating virgil and then getting his ass kicked by some uber-user. (But i really think virgil is winning because of this whole eevee hype)

I hope at least something in this will come true (but anyway i'm just waiting for Best Wishes to end, i don't even want to take this saga in consideration after it ends and everything would just have been a bad dream ~)
    Last edited by StarlightSeeker; 24th October 2012 at 04:59 PM.

I have a better question, who is he to lose to?
    I stand by the notion that it will be Virgil.
    Hoopa and Ashs Battle Coach like this.

Blog Entries

Virgil is there to promote Eevee forms, there is no new 6th gen form debuting. They NEVER keep new pokemon a secret, they hype them up ahead of time.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Virgil is there to promote Eevee forms, there is no new 6th gen form debuting. They NEVER keep new pokemon a secret, they hype them up ahead of time.
    While I agree that they wouldn't have a sixth generation Eevee form debuting in the anime without more promotion by now, I don't think that means Ash couldn't lose to Virgil. He could lose to Eevee, similar to how Pikachu lost to Meowth in the Hoenn League. He could easily be the League only rival that Ash always meets shortly before or during the League and who ends up defeating him at some point.
    martianmister likes this.

We aren't even at that "ahead of time" considering the League is still over a month away and probably won't be over until early next year. Not sure where you're getting the idea that if a new Pokemon is on the way, they have to show it off multiple months ahead of the time it will actually be appearing either. This is based on what precedent exactly?

Considering in December TPC will be appearing at Jump Festa to show something, and that month will likely be around the middle or still somewhat early in the League...

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 23rd October 2012, 01:45 AM