PREVIEW: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Even though it's unlikely gonna happen i seriously hope Satoshi will use his reserves, his BW team doesn't seem to be developed enough for a league tournament even his AG team was more developed by the time the Hōen league began compared to his BW team.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Personally, I'm not gonna keep my hopes up, considering how the last three tournaments in this saga went, I fear this one will go the same way and feel more like a Don Battle tournament than a League tournament. Like many people here, I think Ash's team is too underdeveloped for a tournament, and while it's true Sinnoh was very slow paced, it gave Ash time to develop his team, here they barely give any development to the teams of anyone, and the story is too fast paced to develop. It's unlikely that Ash will use his reserves in the tournament due to how many Pokemon he caught, but even then, the reserves would be the only way to save Ash from losing early in the tournament, especially if it is a 6x6 tournament and not a 1x1 tournament like the previous tournaments were.

Of all Ash's current Pokemon, save for Pikachu, only Krookodile and Boldore have decent movesets and are by far the most developed, as for the rest of the team, Oshawott, Leavanny, and Pignite all still know Tackle, Palpitoad only has three moves, and Scraggy, Snivy, and Unfezant are borderline non-existant. Compare that to his Sinnoh team, save for Gible, which the writers gave time to actually develop (say what you want about Ash's Torterra, he's far more developed than 90% of his Unova team), and had his Buizel evolved to Floatzel, it would have been Ash's most powerful team in the series next to his Battle Frontier team.

As for the tournament itself, I personally hope Ash wins against Trip and Kotetsu, but I have no idea against Virgil considering the implications of his team (all Eeveelutions as we can tell so far), and given the current promotion of Eevee products going on, it's possible that they're trying to introduce a new Eeveelution or two to appear in Gen 6, and then have Ash lose to Virgil against this new Eevee in order to promote these Eevee products and the 6th Gen. Regardless if Ash wins or loses the tournament, it will hopefully be a step closer to bringing an end to the train-wreck that is Best Wishes, and pave the path to a hopefully better Gen 6 saga.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 25th October 2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by $onyhater21 View Post
    Even though it's unlikely gonna happen i seriously hope Satoshi will use his reserves, his BW team doesn't seem to be developed enough for a league tournament even his AG team was more developed by the time the Hōen league began compared to his BW team.
    He likely won't because only his Unova team is featured in the league stadium in the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by $onyhater21 View Post
    His BW team doesn't seem to be developed enough for a league tournament even his AG team was more developed by the time the Hōen league began compared to his BW team.
    Most of Ash's pokemon on this team either had a lot of battles under their belt or are fully evolved to make up for their relative lack of screentime. That's a lot compared to how much his Hoenn team was developed when it competed in the Ever Grande Conference (Glalie evolved only a few episodes before, and Corphish and Torkoal didn't learn any new attacks since they were caught).
    ArginX likes this.

Blog Entries

So, we're finally at the Isshu League. I hope Satoshi will use some of his older Pokémon here. *prays that it won't be the overrated Lizardon*
    Robo-Floatzel and ArginX like this.

I hope to see Ash's old pokes in this episode since its the league starting there is a chance that Ash would re-group his team and plan how to progress in the league or atleast train them and to know if they have learnt any new moves.. It doesnt matter his team is fully present/absent in league opening. But even the last pokemon fan would like to see Ash's Bulbasaur,Charizard,Glalie,Infernape to provide some hope that he would progress to the round of 16. As everyone here mentioned his team is neither fully evolved nor has full moveset to counter his rivals. Its best to hope we see his good old pokemon :)

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Wow O_O

They're NOT wasting any time, are they?
    Caseydia likes this.

Blog Entries

I can count the number of good battles Best Wishes has had on one hand, while the majority were just plain awfully written, awfully paced, boring stock footage messes, I really hope they step it up for the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if only 16 people will apply for the Unova League?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajagopal90 View Post
    I hope to see Ash's old pokes in this episode since its the league starting there is a chance that Ash would re-group his team and plan how to progress in the league or atleast train them and to know if they have learnt any new moves.. It doesnt matter his team is fully present/absent in league opening. But even the last pokemon fan would like to see Ash's Bulbasaur,Charizard,Glalie,Infernape to provide some hope that he would progress to the round of 16. As everyone here mentioned his team is neither fully evolved nor has full moveset to counter his rivals. Its best to hope we see his good old pokemon :)
    I don't see old Pokemon happening here. It seems like this league will be short, so would it matter if he used them over his Unova ones or not? Because they people would be complaining about his Unova Pokemon not battling.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I don't think I've ever been less excited about the start of a new league. Even one-on-one battles in Best Wishes haven't been much cop; full six Pokemon battles could be a complete disaster, but we'll see.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

I love the synasism here,

What makes me think, during the Hoenn league Ash gave a strong reason for only using his current team. Then in Sinnoh he decided differently for some reason, Mabye he realised if he is serious about winning, he needs all the help he can get. For him to change his mind again would be bad writing, therefore I expect him not to use his reserves ¬¬
    Caseydia and ArginX like this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    I love the synasism here,

What makes me think, during the Hoenn league Ash gave a strong reason for only using his current team. Then in Sinnoh he decided differently for some reason, Mabye he realised if he is serious about winning, he needs all the help he can get. For him to change his mind again would be bad writing, therefore I expect him not to use his reserves ¬¬
    Ash's rivals are all weak this league. We know Ash won't lose to Trip again and every other main rival is someone Ash either beat already or is nothing special.

Kotetsu is basically the new Morrisson too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't see old Pokemon happening here. It seems like this league will be short, so would it matter if he used them over his Unova ones or not? Because they people would be complaining about his Unova Pokemon not battling.

Basically this series has been disappointing about battles except for a few.. Moreover it would be a disgrace to the anime if the league is short(lyk junior world cup).. ppl complain abt unova pokemon not battling is pointing to the fact that it has been poor writing and other main char and her pokemon wer given more more importance in BW2 inspite of making ther star preparing for the league.. If it was not then his pokemon would atleast learned some new moves by now.. say lik 10-15 eps hav been wasted not giving ash's pokes some chance to battle.. Moreover oly pikachu,pignite,unfezant hav enuf battle exp nd maturity to get into league battle.. others r just being rested nd rusted forever nd ever.. would be nice if old pokes come else another disappointment for ppl out ther who lik them once again in battle..

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post

Basically this series has been disappointing about battles except for a few.. Moreover it would be a disgrace to the anime if the league is short(lyk junior world cup).. ppl complain abt unova pokemon not battling is pointing to the fact that it has been poor writing and other main char and her pokemon wer given more more importance in BW2 inspite of making ther star preparing for the league.. If it was not then his pokemon would atleast learned some new moves by now.. say lik 10-15 eps hav been wasted not giving ash's pokes some chance to battle.. Moreover oly pikachu,pignite,unfezant hav enuf battle exp nd maturity to get into league battle.. others r just being rested nd rusted forever nd ever.. would be nice if old pokes come else another disappointment for ppl out ther who lik them once again in battle..
    Yeah but Professor Oak isn't being shown in any of the league opening episodes to be there to bring older Pokemon if he wants to use them. Besides, he has plenty with him. He can always use old ones later.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buizel View Post
    Please! PLEASE!! PLEASE!! let ash use his reserves.
    No way. After this his unova pokes will be oaked just give them this.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 23rd October 2012, 01:45 AM