PREVIEW: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!" - Page 11
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

I don't think this will end up being the first round of the Unova League.
    I think Ash will be facing trip in the Preliminaries or the first few rounds are quick in the 2nd half of this episode.

It's possible that it isn't an elimination round.

Funny, the writers did something nobody ever expected and had Ash beat his main rival of the region in his first battle. Leaving aside the fact that most people think Trip's a terrible character, the mere fact that they did something extremely different than the usual says a lot in itself.

I now fully expect Ash to win the league with his remaining Pokemon, as the biggest threat this league was Serperior, which Pikachu will somehow take down.

Kotetsu's biggest threats are Samurott and a Lucario if it evolves, which Ash's team could handle after defeating a Dragonite. I also don't see Virgil's Eevee team putting up much of a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Funny, the writers did something nobody ever expected and had Ash beat his main rival of the region in his first battle.
    They had Gary be eliminated from the Indigo Plateau without ever getting to battle Ash. What they're doing now is just following a different order than that of the Johto and Sinnoh Leagues.

Leaving aside the fact that most people think Trip's a terrible character, the mere fact that they did something extremely different than the usual says a lot in itself.
    It says that the other rivals are going to be a bigger threat than Trip. As unpredictable as the writers might be at times, they wouldn't have the biggest battle take place in the first two episodes of the league. That would make no sense.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kotetsu's biggest threats are Samurott and a Lucario if it evolves, which Ash's team could handle after defeating a Dragonite.
    There's no indication that Ash's team can handle Dragonite just because Krookodile beat it, and that was an unrealistic victory, given how as a Krokorok, it survived an Ice Beam from the same uber beast who OHKO'ed Georgia's Beartic with a Thunderpunch. So we don't know how well Ash's party can really handle league Pokemon.

I also don't see Virgil's Eevee team putting up much of a threat.
    For all we know, Eevee could be the "Meowth in Boots" of the Unova League. And it could very well be one of the Eeveelutions who KO's Ash last Pokemon in their (likely) battle round.

I'm telling ya, man, you really should lower your expectations instead of letting what you want get the better of you. But I guess some people choose to learn the hard way.

The BW writers now assured that this serie is as predictable as a meteor storm, sigh. It won't stop me to think what will happen next, though.

What about the pokémons Ash will use, besides Pikachu, assuming that first match will be 3x3? Oshawott would be a good choice, after Shooti have printed him eye-closed during Aqua Jet, as a way to show his thanks :T

If Ash's biggest threat are fully evolved starters and Eevee forms he should win.

Also notice how not one of the Eevee forms is promoted over the others, so there is no alpha pokemon that will take center stage.

Blog Entries

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Jolteon. Jolteon is the boss of Electic-types.... Until Tynamo. :P

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

If Ash's biggest threat are fully evolved starters and Eevee forms he should win.

Also notice how not one of the Eevee forms is promoted over the others, so there is no alpha pokemon that will take center stage.
    Ash shouldn't have problems defeating a Meowth on paper, but he still lost to one in the Hoenn League, so it's entirely possible that he'll have a difficult time against a Pokemon that normally shouldn't be a challenge. I'm not sure how much the Eevee forms have been promoted, but even if there isn't an alpha Pokemon per say, I don't know if that's even significant when Eevee itself could take center stage just by being an Eevee. It's already a cute marketable Pokemon that has a unique gimmick with evolving into various other Pokemon, so I could easily see this particular Eevee being quite strong in battle.

Ganbare Lizardon!! Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

If Virgil chooses to evolve the Eevee featured in his episode, I could see that one taking a lead role and doing well in the league.

Swear to god, if that Jolteon has fuckin shadow ball......

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

What makes you think ash's current team is even strong enough to defeat these eevee's? remember it took 3 of them just to defeat a koffing...

I think your placing to much stock in ash's current team.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

What Jolteon are you guy talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Swear to god, if that Jolteon has fuckin shadow ball......
    That's a problem with the Eeveelutions in general; they have pretty limited move pools in terms of what's viable creating pretty bland movesets when they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    What Jolteon are you guy talking about
    One of Virgil's, an upcoming league rival, Eeveelutions (he has all 7 plus the base level fox).
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Blog Entries

I want Ash to beat Trip badly

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast