PREVIEW: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!" - Page 10

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 444
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

  1. #136
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,801
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Lol, I certainly didn't expect this but, hey, the sooner Trip is written off the series, the sooner we can celebrate. Hopefully this will be the last time we ever see him.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    This improves Ash's chances of winning the league.
    Lol - no, it doesn't.

    It seems nothing will convince you otherwise, so I'll just let you continue to believe what you want. But don't say we didn't warn you if you're wrong - and you probably will be.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 25th October 2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

  2. #137
    Ma-ho-ho-ho! TeddiUrsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    877
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Trip, Shootie, Diaz, call him whatever you want, I am happy that he is out of the league early on. The Junior Cup felt like his last horray to me anyway. Sure, the way Serpiroyal was portrayed was full of bad writing, but Shootie's character kinda peaked in the tournament. He got his wish to battle Adeku and learned from his words, so his rivalry with Satoshi doesn't have any real meaning besides the fact that Satoshi has to beat him...just because. :/
    I want to see the ghostly lava-lamp and the jellyfish of doom in this battle if it turns out to be a 3 VS 3.
    martianmister likes this.

  3. #138
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,081
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMouse View Post
    I think that it'll be a 3 on 3 at most. A 6 on 6 would be amazing, but it'll never happen
    But its spread out over 2 episodes. I don't see why a 3 on 3 would take that long.

    Even if the first 10 minutes of the ep is just spent on introductions, a 3 on 3 would fit into the last 10 minutes quite easily.
    Or the entirety of the first episode is intros and a league miniplot leaving Pikahu vs Serperior starting in the last minute or so, and ending next ep like with Snivy and Pwniard.

  4. #139
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Since we have a twist of Trip going out first, the other twist will probably be Ash winning the entire thing. He lost all 3 previous Unova tournaments for a reason, I am sure the writers would have allowed him to win at least one of them if this were the case.

    Instead his big victory was saved for the one tournament that really matters, the league.

  5. #140
    Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Since we have a twist of Trip going out first, the other twist will probably be Ash winning the entire thing. He lost all 3 previous Unova tournaments for a reason, I am sure the writers would have allowed him to win at least one of them if this were the case.

    Instead his big victory was saved for the one tournament that really matters, the league.
    If I were you, I wouldn't dream so high. You're trying to find logic in what the writers are doing, but there's no logic in Best Wishes!.
    martianmister likes this.

  6. #141
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    There's no logic in the anime period. We can never predict what will happen in any series.
    Magmaster12 and martianmister like this.

  7. #142
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    849
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    If this is only a 3 on 3 battle, then i could possibly see ash using his reserves.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

  8. #143
    Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    There's no logic in the anime period. We can never predict what will happen in any series.
    That's true. But in previous series, we could expect things based on what happened during the series, and this time we can't. Why the writers made Trip wipe the floor with all his opponents in the Junior Cup? To eliminate him in the first round of the Unova League? That makes no sense. And it is this lack of logic that I'm talking about.

  9. #144
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,890
    Blog Entries
    780

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buizel View Post
    If this is only a 3 on 3 battle, then i could possibly see ash using his reserves.
    Ash better use Palpitoad. What better way to piss Trip off than using a species Ash stopped him from catching? :p

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikuri View Post

    That's true. But in previous series, we could expect things based on what happened during the series, and this time we can't. Why the writers made Trip wipe the floor with all his opponents in the Junior Cup? To eliminate him in the first round of the Unova League? That makes no sense. And it is this lack of logic that I'm talking about.
    The Junior Cup was meant to be the biggest step in Snooty's development, and even then everyone used one Pokemon. It's like how Iris won the Don Battle, but lost relatively early in the next tournament - the Donomite wasn't meant to be her story, she already had her time to shine.

    With Snooty out of the way now, they have more room to work on the other rivals and their stories.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

    "Playing around?" Wrong.

  10. #145
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikuri View Post
    That's true. But in previous series, we could expect things based on what happened during the series, and this time we can't.
    Which is why DP was known as "Anything could happen.". Because we totally knew everything that was going happen there.
    martianmister likes this.

  11. #146
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,081
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    There's no logic in the anime period. We can never predict what will happen in any series.
    I'm pretty sure everyone with a brain predicted Trip winning the Junior cup and then getting his ass kicked by Alder.

  12. #147
    Moe
    Moe is offline
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    949
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikuri View Post
    Why the writers made Trip wipe the floor with all his opponents in the Junior Cup? To eliminate him in the first round of the Unova League? That makes no sense. And it is this lack of logic that I'm talking about.
    The Junior Cup and the Don Battle tournaments aren't an indicator of how strong any trainer is - they are one on one battles that are essentially a coin toss - I don't read much in to them, Ash certainly didn't really take them seriously, choosing to use them as a platform for giving more of his Pokemon battle time, which I think is good. Ash and Trip are the only trainers in BW shown to be developing a full team of Pokemon - all the other trainers specialise on one or two of their Pokemon.

    Ash and Trip should instead be taken on their own history - they are also the only trainers to do actual battles - the two three on three battles early in the series at the Battle Clubs. They were a loss for Ash and a draw respectively - making the third three on three battle, which is what this league battle will probably be (if it's one on one I'm throwing my TV out the window), a fairly logical win in terms of Ash having a slow progression against a rival - which is what almost always happens.

    Sure this could have taken place later in the league, but I don't think 'first round' applies in the situation of getting a strong opponent in random draws - getting the toughest opponent early and getting knocked out happened quite a bit in the Contest tournaments.
    Phoenixphlare likes this.

  13. #148
    Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Origin of Existence
    Posts
    130
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Pikachu could win against Serperior, but such a victory would go against what little continuity BW seems to have. Pikachu lost to Trip's Servine back in BW010, and it is clearly obvious from the WTJC that Trip's pokemon has a lot more battling experience and finesse now. Furthermore, Serperior resists Pikachu's Electric-type attacks and has the speed to dodge Pikachu's close-combat moves. If Pikachu does manage to win against Serperior, a pokemon who was able to repel most of Crustle's offensive moves and dodge all of Pignite's Fire-type attacks, it certainly will not be a justifiable victory.

    I'm sure that servine's victory over pikachu during Ash and Trip's second battle back at the battle club was also not justifiable as well. In my honest opinion Trip should never have been able to beat Ash any of the times they have battled in this series. I hope Pika haxes that blasted snake with Static. Now while im all for Trip losing the very first round of the tournament, to Ash no less, I am kinda dreading the fact that Ash may end up getting knocked out earlier from the tournament due to the fact that he beat his main rival in the tournament and I am hoping Ash makes top 4 again or at least no less than top 8. Now the worst case scenario is that Trip beat's Ash again but hopefully that won't ever happen, because I don't think Trip deserves to be taken seriously as anyone's rival, much less the rival of a Frontier Brain level Pokemon Trainer.

  14. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    I don't see how beating Trip now improves Ash's chances of winning the league lol. He was always going to beat him eventually, whether it was straight away or down the line in the quarter finals or something, it makes no difference.

    And wow, main rival battle straight off the bat. This actually makes me look forward to the league a bit now. We knew the eventual Rival battle was coming, and I wasn't looking forward to it at all, considering this rivalry has been somewhat non existent throughout the series. Now that we're getting it out of the way already, that can make room for more interesting stuff, and by more interesting I mean Bianca.

    Hopefully a 3 v 3, can't see a 6 v 6 this early. Imagine if it was just Pikachu Vs Serperior haha. Stranger things have happened, like this crap for example
    Last edited by Ashs Battle Coach; 26th October 2012 at 12:27 AM.
    Shinneth, Hidden Mew and Mikuri like this.

  15. #150
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    849
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buizel View Post
    If this is only a 3 on 3 battle, then i could possibly see ash using his reserves.
    Ash better use Palpitoad. What better way to piss Trip off than using a species Ash stopped him from catching? :p
    YES! paliptoad needs a win so much XD i am actually hoping that ash will use his unova pokemon instead, because i would hate to see one of his reserves being a fall guy. :(
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 23rd October 2012, 01:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •