PREVIEW: BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!! - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Default Re: BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Is this going to be yet another 2-on-2 gym battle? Well, looks like Axew is sitting out again.
    Huph!I don't care about that as long as Iris doesn't win against Drayden.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Is this going to be yet another 2-on-2 gym battle? Well, looks like Axew is sitting out again.
    What is the problem about Iris wining agianst Drayden?

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    What is the problem about Iris wining agianst Drayden?
    Nothing if you haven't seen her Pokemon's development lately. But I think she needs the lost so that maybe she can go and train somewhere to get better like the other past girls. You can't get to champion without some work.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 8th October 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm going to assume she loses, because otherwise she doesn't really have a story anymore... "I'm the strongest dragon trainer in Unova! Now I'm going to... follow Ash around for no reason..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    I'm going to assume she loses, because otherwise she doesn't really have a story anymore... "I'm the strongest dragon trainer in Unova! Now I'm going to... follow Ash around for no reason..."
    She could follow Ash to Kanto if she wanted to battle dragon experts from other regions. She still needs to finish training Axew, at any rate.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajagopal90 View Post
    There are some doubts about this one
    1. Did Drayden recommend to Elder that Axew must be given to Iris after seeing her potential in their match
    2. The writers did really seem to forget the truth that Axew was given to Iris in order that she would become a good dragon master but constantly concentrating on Dragonite that it is only pokemon of Iris.. Come on man.. Will Axew even get a chance to battle anytime soon having learnt many new superpowered moves???
    3. Iris seems to be able to calm rampaging dragon pokemon everytime(prev. ep & first dragonite ep) but yet it seems she couldnt make her pokemon listen to her(Excadrill & Dragonite being disobedient first then listening after sometime). Really i cant understand what the writers are trying to convey about Iris character...
    4. I think someone mentioned about the school being school of dragon masters.. will we get a reference about Clair & Lance here(Not study at school but atleast have visited once)
    5. And about Ash not participating in any gym battle after getting 8 badges.. but its rather frustrating that Ash is merely a spectator everytime(doesnt even want to say one word about battling them.. considering Marlon & Daryden are said to be powerful GL in games).. this again questions why the writers dint make any reference about that...
    Can someone answer my doubts please..

Blog Entries

1. Did Drayden recommend to Elder that Axew must be given to Iris after seeing her potential in their match

No clue, hans't been brought up yet

2. The writers did really seem to forget the truth that Axew was given to Iris in order that she would become a good dragon master but constantly concentrating on Dragonite that it is only pokemon of Iris.. Come on man.. Will Axew even get a chance to battle anytime soon having learnt many new superpowered moves???

That's because Axew is weak as hell without super powered DEM.

3. Iris seems to be able to calm rampaging dragon pokemon everytime(prev. ep & first dragonite ep) but yet it seems she couldnt make her pokemon listen to her(Excadrill & Dragonite being disobedient first then listening after sometime). Really i cant understand what the writers are trying to convey about Iris character...

Dragonite think's his instincts are superior than that of his trainer, Excadrill thought Iris didn'tcare about his well being so its not an issue of her abilities.

4. I think someone mentioned about the school being school of dragon masters.. will we get a reference about Clair & Lance here(Not study at school but atleast have visited once)

Probably not, but its BW2 so maybe

5. And about Ash not participating in any gym battle after getting 8 badges.. but its rather frustrating that Ash is merely a spectator everytime(doesnt even want to say one word about battling them.. considering Marlon & Daryden are said to be powerful GL in games).. this again questions why the writers dint make any reference about that...

Gym battles=easy way to show a character's strength. In the anime few gym leaders are said to be stronger than the others, they exist but are rare. They also scale their teams to fit the challenger, ie Falkner with pidgeot.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post

No clue, hans't been brought up yet

That's because Axew is weak as hell without super powered DEM.

Dragonite think's his instincts are superior than that of his trainer, Excadrill thought Iris didn'tcare about his well being so its not an issue of her abilities.

Probably not, but its BW2 so maybe

Gym battles=easy way to show a character's strength. In the anime few gym leaders are said to be stronger than the others, they exist but are rare. They also scale their teams to fit the challenger, ie Falkner with pidgeot.
    Thanks for your answers ...:)
    But stil i cant get what u said.. U dint mention abt Ash not saying anything with others battling strong gym leaders in front of his eyes.. do the writers really want Ash to make to top 8/4 then they must try n put ash against them atleast once..
    BW series is just giving the hype but not living upto it.. I think going to be worse than Johto... After DP i expected a lot from these people after giving a hype.. It just dug a hole for itself,,, pretty sad...

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

We don't know. But we know that Drayden seen some potential in Iris while she's using a non-Dragon type.

Kibago is not given for this reason. Evolving Kibago is a part of Dragon village's coming of age ritual. He's not a fundemental part of Iris' goal.

Rampaging and disobeying are two different things.

Probably not.

I don't see anything wrong with this.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    She could follow Ash to Kanto if she wanted to battle dragon experts from other regions. She still needs to finish training Axew, at any rate.
    Or she could go somewhere like Johto to where Blackthrone City is. Besides, Ash already has stayed in his region before including the BF. Iris can go where ever else necessary since she's capable on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    We don't know. But we know that Drayden seen some potential in Iris while she's using a non-Dragon type.

Kibago is not given for this reason. Evolving Kibago is a part of Dragon village's coming of age ritual. He's not a fundemental part of Iris' goal.

Rampaging and disobeying are two different things.

Probably not.

I don't see anything wrong with this.
    I am satisfied with your answers..
    Stil there s some more to it.. Rampaging and disobeying r different.. i agree but mostly disobeying pokemon goes on a rampage.. I hope u remember during orange league Ash's Charizard going on rampage by firing flamethrowers in all directions(dint destroy anything to be realistic), and Ash wasnt even able to return to its pokeball ,, ultimately it was brought down by a women's Slowbro.. Only thing differing in Iris case she calmed down wild rampaging pokemon(Dragonite) and then it started disobeying later on aft being captured.. now i would underline one point RAMPAGE>>>>DISOBEYING.. If Iris can calm rampage pokemon in just oly 1 ep it takes so many eps to make her disobeying pokemon listen to her.. i dont understand the logic b/w both relating n Iris case.. Hope u get my point in this one..
    Then abt Ash not fighting any gym leaders aft getting 8 badges.. In kanto Ash was having 6/7 badges but Gary got 10 badges.. At that time u must hav seen the look on the face of Ash nd the words he was speaking at that time... Seriously i doubt that the same determined nd enthusiastic Ash is really missing nowadays in BW series,, sad to say this but its the truth going on in BW..
    Caseydia likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Only thing differing in Iris case she calmed down wild rampaging pokemon(Dragonite)
    Meoletta was the one that calmed down Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Only thing differing in Iris case she calmed down wild rampaging pokemon(Dragonite)
    Meoletta was the one that calmed down Dragonite.
    At this point i dint mean wat u said.. Getting a pokemon to trust and believe someone that he/she may take good care of it in the future.. May be the words i used are wrong,,, sorry.. this is wat am trying to say..
    Nd Meloetta is able to calm down any pokemon which fights in unusual situations.. thats different from this one

Blog Entries

think about it, If she beats drayden Iris will have better things to do Dragon training and Georgia. Lance can be the ultimate dragon master fight
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Or she could go somewhere like Johto to where Blackthrone City is. Besides, Ash already has stayed in his region before including the BF. Iris can go where ever else necessary since she's capable on her own.
    If she wins then only clair nd Lance are her ideal match... hope she doesnt win Drayden first,, else her character will be just that of Dawn in BW2 after tat...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th October 2012, 08:03 AM