PREVIEW: BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Default Re: Iris vs. Shaga

There will probably be a lot more focus on Excadrill vs Haxorus than Dragonite vs Druddigon.

I think Dragonite will listen to Iris in this episode during the battle, but Druddigon would prove to be too strong and its Ability Rough Skin (I hope it has Rough Skin) helps it defeat Dragonite.

Hopefully each battle of the match is of equal length.

I would like for Drayden to win this. Usually whenever Dragon gymleaders and trainers are introduced, they are pretty tough. I hope Drayden won't end up being a disappointment like Roxie was.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Hmm, I'm expecting Dragonite to just barely get past Druddigon but lose badly to Haxorus. Drayden would then ask her how long she's had Dragonite, to which Iris sheepishly states it to be only recently.

As for the rematch between Excadrill and Haxorus, I'm betting on a draw.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

I really want Iris to beat Drayden so she can prove herself to him, but I don't see it happening. I think the writers will have Iris lose but still attempt to teach her a life lesson or something like that. I don't like that sort of thing, but development for Iris is always a good thing.

Blog Entries

I just hope that the whole issue with Dragonite won't be resolved in this episode, as that'd kinda steal away all of the focus from Excadrill and his rematch with Haxorus. However, I'd be fine if it was solved in the episode prior to this, as we've actually seen Iris commit herself into really trying to get along with Dragonite during the Junior Cup, and as BW apparently is reaching its end with the League coming up it'll probably work itself out eventually. Hopefully it won't be rushed though.

I've been looking forward to this battle ever since BW33, so hopefully it won't be disappointing, but with the episode prior to this funccioning as a set-up for this episode, it shouldn't be rushed. I also hope that Iris loses. Seeing her beat a Dragon Master now would be kinda weird, and if she doesn't lose, I see no reason for Drayden to ever take her on as his apprentice.

bw101.png

Title and Summary revealed.

Mugiwara senpai! <3 Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    bw101.png

Title and Summary revealed.
    Title:「ソウリュウジム!アイリスVSシャガ!!
    Translation: "Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!"
    Airing on: November 8, 2012

Staff:
    Scenario: Shinzō Fujita
    Assistant director: Tetsuo Yajima
    Storyboard: Takaomi Kanezaki
    Animation director: Tomohiro Koyama

Summary: (thanks to @jda95;)
    "It's been decided that Iris will battle the Souryuu Gym Leader, Shaga. Before the battle, she is fired up, but she can't calm down when she thinks of Shaga. Furthermore, to calm her mind, Iris climbs Souryuu City's steel tower to make a fuss."

The anime will be on a break on November 1.

So, it will be:
    Doryuzu VS Ononokus, and Crimgan VS Kairyu...
    Big day for Dragon types.
    Last edited by Adyniz; 6th October 2012 at 06:17 AM.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Is this going to be yet another 2-on-2 gym battle? Well, looks like Axew is sitting out again.

Furthermore, to calm her mind, Iris climbs Souryuu City's steel tower to make a fuss.
    That makes no sense to me.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe she's going to do an attempted suicide?

Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Furthermore, to calm her mind, Iris climbs Souryuu City's steel tower to make a fuss.
    I guess doing things calm her down? She is more of an outdoorsy type after all. The only other way I can think about how it works is if making a fuss with others would calm here down. I mean, if something is being ignored that I care about, making a fuss about it and getting people acknowledging it would calm me. Maybe Sato and Dent aren't noticing her feelings towards Shaga? Perhaps the Matriarch?

There are some doubts about this one
    1. Did Drayden recommend to Elder that Axew must be given to Iris after seeing her potential in their match
    2. The writers did really seem to forget the truth that Axew was given to Iris in order that she would become a good dragon master but constantly concentrating on Dragonite that it is only pokemon of Iris.. Come on man.. Will Axew even get a chance to battle anytime soon having learnt many new superpowered moves???
    3. Iris seems to be able to calm rampaging dragon pokemon everytime(prev. ep & first dragonite ep) but yet it seems she couldnt make her pokemon listen to her(Excadrill & Dragonite being disobedient first then listening after sometime). Really i cant understand what the writers are trying to convey about Iris character...
    4. I think someone mentioned about the school being school of dragon masters.. will we get a reference about Clair & Lance here(Not study at school but atleast have visited once)
    5. And about Ash not participating in any gym battle after getting 8 badges.. but its rather frustrating that Ash is merely a spectator everytime(doesnt even want to say one word about battling them.. considering Marlon & Daryden are said to be powerful GL in games).. this again questions why the writers dint make any reference about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    She pretty much is so unsure/uneasy/can't sit still about her battle with Drayden, that when she climbs the steel tower she ends up making a ruckus because of it. Even though she's trying to calm herself down.

Blog Entries

Yay, another Iris episode. I hope she can get more development in this episode

Blog Entries

Yay Another Iris episode that will been Iris charter full circle

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast