PREVIEW: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings! - Page 7

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Not that fussed that this could be Hikari's exit. I think she had a mix of funny moments in her cameo, and she seems to be having a good battle against Iris that reflects her experiences and level of skill. With the future episodes concerning Meloetta and the Rockets there isn't really much more she could do without being completely in the background in my opinion
    What about the fact that none of her pokemon did anything besides Piplup and Mamoswine? Kind of a waste too, its like the rest of her team doesn't even exist.
    Gengarzilla and Aura7541 like this.

Blog Entries

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/wwwdotuporg3331738.jpg

Looks like Hikari and Satoshi battle before she leaves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

That's actually cool. I was wondering what Dawn would be doing for her last two episodes but just watching everyone else battle in the tournament.

Although Dawn Vs. Ash will obviously end in a tie like always...

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

That screams of being in the same vein as the May departure. Dawn is probably going to beat Ash since losing two times in a row would be too bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    That screams of being in the same vein as the May departure. Dawn is probably going to beat Ash since losing two times in a row would be too bad.
    They will tie, especially if its a Piplup Vs. Oshawott battle like I'm expecting. It will settle the Piplup and Oshawott rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    They will tie, especially if its a Piplup Vs. Oshawott battle like I'm expecting. It will settle the Piplup and Oshawott rivalry.
    A battle between Piplup and Oshawott? That would actually be pretty cool.

This new info kinda makes me think the battle against alder wont take up much time. They've got to squeeze in the final match at some point to, unless its in the previous episode.

Blog Entries

I honestly doubt that. The battle should be representing about how much Dawn grew as a coordinator and person in her journey with Ash in Sinnoh(which they didn't do in the last episode of DP) and how much better she got in Hoenn. Not some battle to prove who has the highest chance to get laid by Meloetta. That would demean it.

Togekiss needs this battle the most to prove its worth.

Blog Entries

I honestly doubt that. The battle should be representing about how much Dawn grew as a coordinator and person in her journey with Ash in Sinnoh(which they didn't do in the last episode of DP) and how much better she got in Hoenn. Not some battle to prove who has the highest chance to get laid by Meloetta. That would demean it.
    Dawn's role in this arc has been focused on Piplup and Oshawott's rivalry far more than on her development; she has said absolutely nothing about Hoenn. Anyway, her winning against Ash (rather than tying) wouldn't prove anything about her career as a coordinator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Dawn's role in this arc has been focused on Piplup and Oshawott's rivalry far more than on her development; she has said absolutely nothing about Hoenn. Anyway, her winning against Ash (rather than tying) wouldn't prove anything about her career as a coordinator.
    There's nothing to settle about Piplup and Oshawott's "rivalry". It's just that, comic relief that shouldn't by any means interfere. A battle between them won't really solve anything. If they wanted to battle to prove their worth to Meloetta, they would have already did so by now. I disagree with how this battle won't prove anything about her career as a coordinator with the symbolism. Think about it. She's going to battle her mentor, the person who has helped her grow, who taught her what he knew so she could apply it to herself as a person and a coordinator to get better results and achievements. Battling together would show the bond they achieved during their journey together.

The Oshawott and Piplup "rivalry" would demean it by being a distraction.

Blog Entries

First of all, what the writers should do and are likely to do are two different things. Judging from the previous episodes, the writers are more interested in Piplup and Oshawott's current story than in Dawn and Ash's history. This episode is hardly just about Dawn leaving, either.

Secondly, you still haven't explained why Dawn needs to win in order to prove how much she learned from Ash. Besides, he arguably learned just as much from her, so it goes both ways. What was wrong with Ash and May tying in AG? Or with Ash and Dawn tying in their many practice battles?
    Last edited by Silktree; 20th August 2012 at 03:12 AM.

Blog Entries

First of all, what the writers should do and are likely to do are two different things. Judging from the previous episodes, the writers are more interested in Piplup and Oshawott's current story than in Dawn and Ash's history. This episode is hardly just about Dawn leaving, either.
    The episode won't be entirely focused on Ash and Dawn of course. What I said was that the part focused on them should solely be about them, and not about 2 horny Pokemon who want to beat each other to impress.

Secondly, you still haven't explained why Dawn needs to win in order to prove how much she's learned from Ash, and he arguably learned just as much from her.
    I did not say, nor imply such thing. She needs to win this because she has to look good one final time before lord knows when she'll appear again. It's true that Ash would be losing two times in a row if Dawn won, but then he has the rest of this saga to battle and win to look good again. Even so, Ash would still look good because he was the one that taught her what he knew. Dawn didn't make Ash learn much. Then again, I can see how even if they did tie, both would still look good if they battled well.

What was wrong with Ash and May tying in AG? Or with Ash and Dawn tying in their many practice battles?
    There was nothing wrong with Ash and May tying since they did well in the contest before. Here we have Dawn, who lost against Iris' Dragonite and won a battle against somebody's Stoutland, a battle where we didn't see much of Dawn's capabilities actually making her succeed. The practice battles where just that, practice battles. Not an official battle where they show off their full potential, not a match to symbolize what they experienced together, their bond, their friendship, their struggles and the hard time they had facing off their rivals.

That's what I felt that DP's final episode lacked when they departed. The AG quartet departure was the best one because we had the group talking to each other about the present and the possible future (with Ash promising Max a battle in the future) instead of being all "Oh well we had fun, we're sad that we won't be travelling again, hope to see you soon... GOODBYE!". Instead, they made another "Piplup cries and runs away" plot to try to compel me, make me feel bad at what's happening,.. but utterly failed at it like the previous 2 Piplup plots. It became all about Piplup instead of them. It's what I dread the most of possibly happening in this episode... which would lead to a rushed departure with no meaning to it.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 20th August 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Blog Entries

So since Dawn is confirmed to be leaving this episode, I wonder why they did promote her so much on the official TVTokyo website, in scans, and even put her in the opening.

Its going to look really weird to see Dawn still in the opening when she's not even going to be in the anime anymore.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Blog Entries

So since Dawn is confirmed to be leaving this episode, I wonder why they did promote her so much on the official TVTokyo website, in scans, and even put her in the opening.
    It was false promotion. They tried to make the new season look as different as possible, even though that is far from the case.

Its going to look really weird to see Dawn still in the opening when she's not even going to be in the anime anymore.
    It technically makes more sense than Ash's old Pokémon being in the opening. Chances are that by the time some of them get to appear, the opening will have been replaced.

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

I also don't understand why her appearance was so promoted if she came to do nothing of importance.
    Dawn may have stayed for eight episodes, but in the end, she did less than May did in five. Seriously, what was the point of bringing her back if she only came to serve as a background character? And why on earth they did Piplup and Oshawott become rivals? I can't believe the writers will send Piplup away without resolving his rivalry with Oshawott.
    May was so lucky to return in the Diamond & Pearl series. She had the opportunity to contribute to the plot of the series for which she returned, helping Dawn to regain her confidence. And although she lost the Wallace Cup, she reached the finals of the competition, making a good appeal and defeating Zoey in the process. Dawn's only victory in the Junior Cup was against a character of the day in a battle that lasted 2 seconds. That's depressing.
    But I guess it is better for her to go now than stay a little longer and have her character even more damaged.
    Goodbye Dawn! Better luck next time, if there is next time!
    Aura7541 likes this.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th August 2012, 06:46 AM