PREVIEW: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings! - Page 13

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Excadrill est tres Beast Lafayette Excadrill's Avatar

Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Kotetsu's design is certaintly better than Trip's so i'm not complaining.
    It's not like Gary's outfit was so hot either (at least in the beginning)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I suspect Quilava Vs. Pikachu will end in a tie, like virtually 90% of the Ash and Dawn battles do.
    They just had a tie not too long ago, it would seem a bit redundant to have yet another tie lol.

At the same time though Dawn got knocked out in only the second round, and Ash just got curbstomped by Trip...so either of them losing again would seem in bad taste.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy about Quillava being used. Pikachu's a bit generic for Ash, I'd rather see Unefeazant or Palpitoad, but it's fine really.

Also, it almost looks like it's a Tag Battle with Ash and Iris vs Dawn and ... If it is I would love it.

I'm not sure yet whether Boufallant has Sap Sipper or not. The highlighting could just be like Volt Tackle. It would be a more enjoyable battle if it didn't have it.

I guess that according to the preview Trip's going to lose it. After all, whoever's shown to be having a tough time in the preview usually wins.

Blog Entries

Is Oshawott in this episode

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Is Oshawott in this episode
    His VA also voices Langley, so it's hard to tell.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Langley's/Oshawott's VA is a girl. Typo?

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    Yes, but Miju isn't. That's why I said "his".

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Yes, Mijumaru will be appearing in this episode. They're putting a closure to that spat.

Kotetsu looks like he'll be a fun character, I'm already liking him as Satoshi's buddy rival.
    Last edited by Musashi; 31st August 2012 at 06:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I don't think a battle between Mimirol and Pikachu ever would or should happen. I think Pikachu being the gentleman he is wouldn't hit Buneary and I don't think Buneary would hit Pikachu. I definitely agree with you that it was very underused in battles and that if we solely base it on past battles, then of course Pikachu who's been through 4 more regions than it has more impressive wins. But he also has more casual losses against very casual opponents. Mimirol rarely battled, but still only lost to Nozomi's Nyarmar and in the Sumomo Gym, both strong adversaries. I still say that Mimirol v Tsutarja would have been a good match up, especially with Mimirol evolving.

It was clear to me that when it battled along Mamoswine, Mamoswine was the one who was truly causing all the damage.
    Hayashigame and the double battle it had against Kotone and Kazunari showed it was capable, as did his Ariados massacre. With moves like Eruption, I don't think it would be far fetched to see him beat strong opponents and even Pikachu. That being said, I think Magmarashi will evolve, but Satoshi and Pikachu will win the battle.

Wow. I can't believe that Serperior actually is giving a Champion's Pokémon a run for its money.
    The question is: Is Adeku giving is all or is he using the battle to teach Shooti something? Maybe that victory and strength isn't everything...

He seems rather chilidsh and determined, so hopefully he'll prove to be a great rival.
    He's really feeling like Satoshi... Much like Masamune... and that's kinda it... we've been through the whole "Exactly like Satoshi, gets an episode, shows up in the League, gets beaten by Satoshi" and it didn't really thrill me the last time around. Especially since we had Kenyan who's already Masamune 2.0. I don't see him bringing anything new to the table, and be very very archetypical in terms of personality.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    Yes, but Miju isn't. That's why I said "his".
    Whoops, I misread then!

Anyway, I don't have much of an opinion for Kotetsu since he only appeared in motion for like 2 seconds and the bit of info we have of him. He does seem like the hot-blooded shounen archetype and I'm not raising the bar any higher for my expectations.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Despite not knowing much about this guy, I'm starting to like him more, though I'm still annoyed that the Riolu was his... /|=.=|\

Also, remember when I said that he looks like a certain character.
    Quote Originally Posted by 捷克羅姆 View Post
    Then, I found out that he has a great-grandson...

Compare:

I'm betting he's from Raimon...
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 1st September 2012 at 02:41 PM.
    martianmister and Duque like this.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kotetsu's design is nothing to write home about, but it's automatically better than "reverse-colored Paul tweaked to look more generic". I agree another hot-blooded shounen stereotype rival is not what Ash needs, both because it's been a fixture in Ash's rival menagerie since AG's Morrison and because Stephan fits that bill already, but I'll wait and see how this pans out, because despite that I still have this feeling that he's going to feel more like an actual rival to Ash than Trip ever has, even with Trip's benefits from this vanity project they turned half of this tournament into for him.

I really do hope Alder's Bouffalant has Sap Sipper - nothing would be more fitting to close out this godawful tournament than to have Trip's long-awaited, self-entitled wankfest for Alder be made into a laughing stock. If only Trip shared Ash's problem of having crappy movesets for the majority of his Pokemon with the 3/4ths of the moveset being that Pokemon's type with a crappy Normal-type move to fill it out - I would be so gleeful to have Trip utterly walled because all his obsessive studying went to waste because the possibility of Sap Sipper didn't cross his newbie mind. That way it wouldn't matter if Alder put in effort or not!

Though I still hope Alder really doesn't put his all into it. I'll only accept that if Cynthia's his motivation, if only so he can tell Trip that when Trip gushes over how Alder tried so hard just for him and Alder's like "lol no, Tristan. You were just a great way for me to increase my chances of bedding that hot Champion chick over there by the end of the day. :D" Then Trip bawls, runs away home, and that's the last we ever see of him. Hah, wishful thinking. I still get deja vu of Kenny's last episode in DP, where they had a whole bunch of other shit going on besides Kenny's plot - that I'm still convinced is because the writers knew Kenny couldn't carry a whole episode by himself. In relation to this, the writers couldn't get Trip to carry an episode on his own even with Alder's help, so we get Kotetsu appearing, Ash and Dawn battling, and Dawn's departure all squished in with what normally should be the zenith of Trip's storyline pre-League, except what little story Trip carries with him is just... not substantial enough to make a whole episode out of. Even if Trip learns some valuable life lesson out of this, I'm... really not going to care. Unless the lesson is "get over your love-hate for Alder already and move on; maybe try to give the viewers a reason to care that you and Ash have this thing called a rivalry that presently has no foundation to it 93 episodes in and a League's coming soon". We already have inconsistency with Trip focusing on speed instead of strength last episode. Ash is usually geared towards speed-based strategies anyway, so I dunno how this is supposed to change anything.

Don't really care how the Ash/Dawn battle will turn out, though a tie sounds most appropriate given that the two have been unceremoniously trampled in the tournament one way or another. At least the writers were nice enough to not go with the super-obvious route of using Oshawott and Piplup, but that only means there's going to be a chunk of the episode dedicated to resolving their whatever-thing since marketing-wise those two are far more important than any human character in this show. :P Did they HAVE to throw Dawn in Johto, though? For the Wallace Cup? But wasn't she going to Hoenn because of Wallace in the special...? Did Dawn quit being a Coordinator and become an official Wallace Stalker? XD They never did have Dawn say much of anything about her in Hoenn, did they? Maybe they forgot they set that up. Considering BW's many inconsistencies like the badge case and many others... I guess it's only fitting that Dawn's going somewhere completely out of left field. Either way, it's for the best to have Dawn get out of here now. This extended cameo of Dawn's has really not done her any favors, imo, so I'd rather not deal with BW screwing around with her any more than they already have. And I'm ready for Piplup to GTFO, too, so at least one annoying running gag can end.

Either way, I'm so beyond ready for this arc to end. Hope it'll be better than the dreck that composed of the actual tournament itself... but hey, one thing to look forward to is that there will be no montages of one-screen OHKOs for the battles lined up here. At least, I hope not. :P
    Moe, Hidden Mew, Aura7541 and 4 others like this.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

Despite not knowing much about this guy, I'm starting to like him more, though I'm still annoyed that the Riolu was his... /|=.=|\

Also, remember when I said that he looks like a certain character.
    Turns out, I found about his great-grandson...

Compare:

I'm betting he's from Raimon...

Well, if Kotetsu does a God Hand, i'll be his fan automatically. XD

And what's the problem with him & riolu? Ash still can have an eevee. :B
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I don't think a battle between Mimirol and Pikachu ever would or should happen. I think Pikachu being the gentleman he is wouldn't hit Buneary and I don't think Buneary would hit Pikachu.
    True, true. I guess the fact that Buneary's love for Pikachu didn't occur in my mind, that'll surely make the battle a rather lackluster one.

Mimirol rarely battled, but still only lost to Nozomi's Nyarmar and in the Sumomo Gym, both strong adversaries. I still say that Mimirol v Tsutarja would have been a good match up, especially with Mimirol evolving.
    Well, let's not forget that Buneary also lost to Marilyn's Cherubi, who I personally thought wasn't too impressive, but I wasn't able to make a judgment due to its lack of screentime. Although Sudowoodo did get a hit on it, while Cherubi didn't battle back.

Hayashigame and the double battle it had against Kotone and Kazunari showed it was capable, as did his Ariados massacre. With moves like Eruption, I don't think it would be far fetched to see him beat strong opponents and even Pikachu. That being said, I think Magmarashi will evolve, but Satoshi and Pikachu will win the battle.
    Oh yes, that's true. However, even if Cyndaquil won that battle, I really wouldn't say that it was fair. The way it got so extremely strong in its first battle against was so cheap. It didn't receive a proper treatment for a baby Pokémon, where Scraggy's development is a perfect example of how Cyndaquil's development should've been like. Monferno could probably beat both Chikorita and Croconaw due to it being very powerful, but imo, Cyndaquil shouldn't even have been able to beat Lyra's Chikorita with Lyra actually having two badges and that actually being Cyndaquil's first real battle. Hell, it made Grotle look bad in their practice battle.

He's really feeling like Satoshi... Much like Masamune... and that's kinda it... we've been through the whole "Exactly like Satoshi, gets an episode, shows up in the League, gets beaten by Satoshi" and it didn't really thrill me the last time around. Especially since we had Kenyan who's already Masamune 2.0. I don't see him bringing anything new to the table, and be very very archetypical in terms of personality.
    He had like two seconds of screentime in the preview... But OKAY. <:
    I like it. Morrison was greatly appreciated in my eyes, and I really, really love the relationship between him and Ash. I guess it's a matter of opinion here. While I enjoy these kind of characters, you don't. Kenyan is much like Morrison, yes, but we don't know if this kid will be like him. Besides, I don't think Ash'll beat him in the league, but rather the opposite.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Oh God, Oshawott and Piplup have a tearful goodbye.

They're adorable.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th August 2012, 06:46 AM