PREVIEW: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings! - Page 11

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 211
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

  1. #151
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Trans courtesy of Adamant

    Summary:
    "Having won the 'Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup', Shootie battles Adeku's Bffron with his Jalorda! Wanting to prove his strength to Adeku, Shootie has studied Buffron's Abilities and weaknesses extensively, and has constructed a flawless strategy. But as fitting for a Chapion, Adeku confidently takes everything Shootie throws at him. Does an unexpected result lie in wait...?

    And then, with the tournament over with, Hikari tells everyone that she and Pochama are leaving for the Jouto Region in order to participate in the Mikuri Cup. Satoshi suggests they have a battle, since he has yet to fight Hikari. Pikachu goes up against the 'Volcano Pokémon' Magmarashi. And thus, a battle that can be said to represent the fruits of the journeys of two who know each other like the back of their own hand unfolds, and...!?"
    Lol, at them trying to make the result of Trip/Adler seem not obvious

    It seems to part about the "two who know each other very well" was referring to Ash, and Dawn. It should be an interesting battle. Though still not a fan of Pikachu being used. I wouldn't be too surprised if Dawn one, just so she can go off on a high not. Though it's still puzzling they say that the two haven't battled yet.

  2. #152
    Registered User WildGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    141
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    So I guess Hoenn never happened?
    PokéVision and djulienr like this.

  3. #153
    Registered User Hellwarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Maybe Quilava will evolve so Dawn finally gets a fully evolved Starter? Possible, if unlikely?

    You know, say what you will, but I do like that Trip is an truly analytical rival. Paul was more brute force, most of the time. It'll be interesting to see how Alder deals with his plan.

  4. #154
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Am I the only one who is amused that Dawn's reason to depart is to compete in the Wallace Cup, y'know, the tournament she already WON back in Sinnoh?

    So she's going to compete in the same thing a second time? I know all the competitors will be different, but still...lol.
    Duque and djulienr like this.

  5. #155
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    It's as if Dawn can't make up her mind about a long-term goal. She's just traveling between regions to compete in special events.
    djulienr likes this.

  6. #156
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    After all the complaints about the tournament not being Contest related, I would've though everyone would be happy she's doing Contest stuff again...

    And just because she's going to Jouto doesn't mean Houen never happened. I doubt she would've spent so long in Isshu unless her business in Houen was finished.
    martianmister likes this.

  7. #157
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    After all the complaints about the tournament not being Contest related, I would've though everyone would be happy she's doing Contest stuff again...

    And just because she's going to Jouto doesn't mean Houen never happened. I doubt she would've spent so long in Isshu unless her business in Houen was finished.
    I think its mostly due to the fact that the writers don't quite seem to know what to do with her now. They have to write her off the show again somehow but they keep changing where she's supposed to be going.

  8. #158
    Ook ook! Eek eek! MonkeyBoy210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Grooseland
    Posts
    2,767
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    All I hope is that DAWN WINS! I don't care if Ash lost to Trip. Dawn has gotta have some sort of a high note to exit on and I wanna see Quilava win!
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

  9. #159
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    And just because she's going to Jouto doesn't mean Houen never happened. I doubt she would've spent so long in Isshu unless her business in Houen was finished.
    If she is done in Hoenn, then why is she going to Johto to compete in another Wallace Cup rather than to start another journey? This either implies that she needs another ribbon for her Hoenn quest, or that she was only in Hoenn for a short while like with Unova and now Johto. The fact is that unless she actually mentions Hoenn, we have no reason to care either way.

  10. #160
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    4,746
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Am I the only one who is amused that Dawn's reason to depart is to compete in the Wallace Cup, y'know, the tournament she already WON back in Sinnoh?

    So she's going to compete in the same thing a second time? I know all the competitors will be different, but still...lol.
    It's very likely that Wallace has set up these tournaments in each of the contest regions so more coordinators worldwide can participate in them. Considering that the ribbon won in the Wallace Cup could be used for any region's Grand Festival, it makes sense that there is a Wallace Cup for each region. Besides, Dawn did speak to her mother about Wallace during her special. There is the chance that Dawn wants to compete in this Wallace Cup, which will happen to take place in Johto this time, so she might already have a ribbon on her when she travels to the Hoenn Region for its contests.

    I'm glad that the writers are having Dawn participate in something contest-related after this arc. We didn't get to see much of what she did off-screen in between her special and BW Season 2. Now we know that Dawn does have a plan related to contests, and that she plans on competing in more Grand Festivals so she can catch up to Zoey.
    martianmister likes this.

  11. #161
    Registered User Chiplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    953
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    It'd be weird because Iris had no business beating Hikari in the first place... XD I think it'll be close, I think they've played the tie card before with Mammoo and Chaobu and that they won't play it again. I kinda feel like they'll have Satoshi win, but have Dawn get something out of the battle to compensate (see below).
    I'd say she had plenty of ''business'' of beating Dawn if they were paired to battle eachother, y'know. :p (And vice versa)

    Ash better win. But, if this indeed will be Dawn's last battle, then she should at least put up a good fight.

    I think all of Hikari's Pokémon could get a win against Pikachu.
    Wow. I can't tell you how much I disagree with this. Like, it's no limit.

    (or Haruka's)
    True. I wouldn't go as far as say that everyone can beat it, but probably a couple, like Blaziken or Venusaur.

    He's a regular Pikachu, slightly stronger than your average Pikachu, 99% of the time, and none of Hikari's Pokémon are weak, all of them had good battles.
    I wouldn't say that it's about Pikachu itself in this matter, but Pikachu and Ash combined. After all, in most cases, a Pokémon's strength is determined by its Trainer's strength. A couple of clear exceptions would naturally be Togekiss and Dragonite, though. :p

    I think pretty much most of them are weak. Or not ''weak'', but just not, y'know, strong. Some of them are definitely, while others are better at appealing rather than battling. That's the impression I've got from her Pokémon, and up against Ash's Pikachu, I don't think any of them would've been able to win. Possibly Mamoswine if it knew an Earth-type move, but even if it did I'd say that Pikachu would still win. But that's just me.

    Quilava would probably be the best choice against Ash's Pikachu though. I can't determine its strength naturally as I haven't seen it battle yet, but I'll assume that it is about as fast as Ash's Quilava, which in that case would counter Pikachu's own speed. I think they'll be even.

    EDIT: I really don't see what's wrong with Dawn competing in the Wallace Cup again. It's a contest, right? It would only be nice if she got back on track after her ''vacation/training'' in Unova. As the previous Champion, she'd naturally want to defend her title, not to mention that the Ribbon will help her in the Hoenn Contests too. As long as I won't have to see it, I think it's fine. I just hope we'll get a reference to her rivals.
    Last edited by Chiplet; 29th August 2012 at 11:34 AM.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

  12. #162
    Hoe- MISTY CONFIRMED 3Dchu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    121
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Maybe Dawn will mention May like Ash did with Misty in Diamond & Pearl?

    I would've liked a double battle with Pikachu & Oshawott versus Dawn's Piplup and Togekiss. But oh well...
    djulienr likes this.

  13. #163
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Quote Originally Posted by PokéMaid View Post
    Maybe Dawn will mention May like Ash did with Misty in Diamond & Pearl?
    Why would that happen? May's Johto contest quest is long over now and she's probably elsewhere.

  14. #164
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I think its mostly due to the fact that the writers don't quite seem to know what to do with her now. They have to write her off the show again somehow but they keep changing where she's supposed to be going.
    How exactly are they changing where she's supposed to be going?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    If she is done in Hoenn, then why is she going to Johto to compete in another Wallace Cup rather than to start another journey?
    How do you know she isn't starting another journey in Jouto?
    martianmister likes this.

  15. #165
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    How exactly are they changing where she's supposed to be going?
    - In DP191, the reason she said she couldn't go to Pallet Town with Ash is because she wanted to enter Buneary in a Pokestylist photoshoot.

    - In her special she says she's departing to Hoenn for Contests

    - In BW she comes to Unova to compete in something that has no relation to contests whatsoever

    - Now in this episode it says she's heading to Johto, as if the Hoenn quest was either forgotten about or swept under a rug. Did she even with the Hoenn Grand Festival then?


    Its like they're having her travel from Sinnoh, to Hoenn, to Unova, to Johto, and probably back to Hoenn again.
    PTOldMan likes this.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 8th August 2012, 06:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •