PREVIEW: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings! - Page 10

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Default Re: BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

That twitter pic of the magazine scan (the one with the rockets and Giovanni) shows Quilava appearing in this ep. So It looks like Dawn might be using Quilava in her battle against Ash. Which would be a lot better than just using Piplup
    djulienr likes this.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3360116.jpg

Serperior knows Dragon Tail.

Team Rocket Trio are listed (not sure if that's a character list?)
    Last edited by G50; 28th August 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Team Rocket Trio are listed (not sure if that's a character list?)
    Satoshi
    Iris
    Dent
    Musashi
    Kojiro
    Pikachu

Um, I think we forgot someone...

G50
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quilava is being used?

Phew...
    djulienr likes this.

G50
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quilava is being used?
    Phew...
    against Pikachu we just found out.

Blog Entries

Personally I thought that the one who needed this battle the most was that overgrown chicken who had no significant development at all back in DP. Oh well, Quilava is at least better than Piplup, I guess.

Oh, and Ash is using Pikachu? Well, in that case, Ash must win. I'll definitely be rooting for him in this battle. Dawn just lost to Iris while Ash made it all the way to the final, yes, but seeing Iris being the only one who actually can beat Dawn would be kinda weird. Besides, Ash is using Pikachu, none of Dawn's Pokémon should have a chance at beating Pikachu.
    djulienr likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Pikachu vs Quilava? Eh, couldn't Ash have used something else besides Pikachu? Oh well, honestly this battle could go either way.

I do wonder how Trip will fare against Alder. I mean, I'm almost sure he'll lose, but we didn't really get a good sense of Alder's strength in his battle with Ash.

Cool to see Dragon Tail. Nice to see some close quarters attacks on Serperior.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pikachu vs. Quilava has to be the least interesting match-up that the writers could have done for what will most likely be Ash and Dawn's final battle in the anime. Dawn's Quilava brought very little to her team that Ash's Quilava had already done back in Johto and the Sinnoh League. Cyndaquil-Quilava was arguably the one pokemon on Dawn's current team that had the least personality and the least growth in DP.

Meanwhile, the writers had been hyping up an Oshawott and Piplup battle ever since the two even began interacting with one another. Oshawott learned a new attack, and the two pokemon had a grudging respect for one another after the events of the Onix episode. Unfortunately, seeing a resolution to their "rivalry" won't be the case here.

There was also that possibility of a Pikachu and Buneary battle considering how Buneary still retained its feelings for Pikachu even when she was brought back. We might have seen Buneary evolve here. Considering that the other five pokemon on Dawn's team got decent battling screentime in the Sinnoh Grand Festival and in Dawn's DP special, Buneary deserved to have a good battle. If the writers wanted Ash to use Pikachu here, then they could have at least make Dawn use Buneary.

Once again, I set my expectations too high and they come crumbling down. Let's hope that Quilava knows different attacks outside of the select few that both it and Ash's Cyndaquil-Quilava share.

On another note, it's nice to see that Trip's Serperior knows Dragon Tail. I was worried for a moment that Serperior's fourth move was going to be a Grass-type offensive attack. This farewell seems to be mediocre in my tastes.

Blog Entries

According to the summary, there is an "Unexpected result" in the Trip/Alder battle. Could that be referring to a Trip victory?
    djulienr likes this.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Wow. I forgot about Dawn's Quilava. :P

Also, this kinda sounds interesting. The unexpected result, I mean. I bet it's Alder winning!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Dawn just lost to Iris while Ash made it all the way to the final, yes, but seeing Iris being the only one who actually can beat Dawn would be kinda weird.
    It'd be weird because Iris had no business beating Hikari in the first place... XD I think it'll be close, I think they've played the tie card before with Mammoo and Chaobu and that they won't play it again. I kinda feel like they'll have Satoshi win, but have Dawn get something out of the battle to compensate (see below).

Besides, Ash is using Pikachu, none of Dawn's Pokémon should have a chance at beating Pikachu.
    I think all of Hikari's (or Haruka's) Pokémon could get a win against Pikachu. He's a regular Pikachu, slightly stronger than your average Pikachu, 99% of the time, and none of Hikari's Pokémon are weak, all of them had good battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Pikachu vs. Quilava has to be the least interesting match-up that the writers could have done for what will most likely be Ash and Dawn's final battle in the anime.
    Togekiss v Gantle...

Meanwhile, the writers had been hyping up an Oshawott and Piplup battle ever since the two even began interacting with one another. Oshawott learned a new attack, and the two pokemon had a grudging respect for one another after the events of the Onix episode. Unfortunately, seeing a resolution to their "rivalry" won't be the case here.
    The resolution was the Iwark episode. The animosity (I don't see how it constitutes a rivalry) between them was resolved there, Mijumaru learned Hydro Pump, Pochama demonstrated a new technique that shows Hikari has been working on contest things. Pochama and Mijumaru have had enough screen time lately and since this probably the last battle of Hikari's we'll ever see, I'm glad one of the guys that really could use it got it.

Buneary deserved to have a good battle.
    Agreed, but I disagree that Pikachu v Mimirol would be an interesting matchup. I think that Mimirol, like Togepi, is one of those Pokémon that Pikachu just wouldn't be able to battle. XD

Let's hope that Quilava knows different attacks outside of the select few that both it and Ash's Cyndaquil-Quilava share.
    Rollout, Extrasensory or Wild Charge could replace Smokescreen and/or Swift as far as I'm concerned. We saw three new moves for Pochama, one for Mammoo, I doubt they'll leave the movepool as it was in the special. The real question is... is that all they're going to do with Magmarashi? Could Hikari leave Isshu with a Bakphoon?
    Aura7541 and martianmister like this.

G50
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

ヒカリ&ポッチャマとお別れの時…!最後はサトシのピカチュウVSヒカリ のマグマラシのバトルだ! そしてメロエッタをめぐるライバル、ミジュマルとポッチャマの決 は…?
    「ポケモンワールドトーナメントジュニアカップ」で優勝したシ ーティーは、アデクのバッフロ ンとジャローダでバトル!自分の強さをアデクに証明するため、ハ ゙ッフロンの特性や弱点を研究しつ くし、万全の体制で挑んだシューティー。対するアデクは、チャンピ ンとして堂々とその全てを受け止め るのだった。そこには思いもよらない結果が待っていて…!?
    あらすじ2
    そして、大会を終えたヒカリとポッチャマは、ミクリカップに出場す ためにジョウト地方へ発つことを 告げる。サトシは、まだ手合わせをしていないヒカリにバトルを申し込 !ピカチュウVS“かざんポケ モン”マグマラシ。お互いのことを知り尽くした相手同士の、旅の成果 も言えるバトルが繰り広げられる が…!?
    ボタン
    番組放送中にリモコンのボタンをおしてデータ放送にチャレンジし う!
    ツタージャ、ポカブ、ミジュマルの中からおきにいりの“マイホ ケモン”をえらんだらスタートだ! 番組を見ながらバトルゲージを満タンにするとポケモンバトル チャンス!みごと“こうかはばつぐ ん”のワザをえらぶと、キミのテレビの中にポケモンをゲットで るぞ!さらにオリジナルのプレ ゼントも手に入る!?くわしくは番組ホームページへ!
    出演者
    サトシ…松本梨香、ピカチュウ…大谷育江、デント…宮野真守、アイ ス…悠木碧、キバゴ…津田美波 、ムサシ…林原めぐみ、コジロウ…三木眞一郎、ニャース…犬山イヌコ ヒカリ…豊口めぐみ、ポッチャマ …小桜エツコ、ナレーション…石塚運昇、福圓美里、古島清孝、三宅健太 愛河里花子、中島愛、渡辺明乃、小 室正幸、櫻井智、真殿光昭、葉山いくみ、内山こう輝、星野貴紀
    原作脚本
    【シリーズ構成】冨岡淳広
    【脚本】冨岡淳広
    監督・演出
    【総監督】湯山邦彦
    【監督】須藤典彦
    主題歌
    OPテーマ「やじるしになって!」
    歌:松本梨香
    EDテーマ「みてみて☆こっちっち」
    歌:ももいろクローバーZ
    製作
    テレビ東京、メディアネット、ShoPro
    Last edited by G50; 28th August 2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: With it being not an image, I'm not sure how to fix this.

Blog Entries

http://k.mobile.tv-tokyo.co.jp/e/epg/ext/20120906_21304.php

Here's the link.

It sounds like Hikari is going to compete in the Mikuri Cup in Jouto. I believe that's the only new piece of info.

All three members of the TRio are listed as well as Seger (boo).

I hope Kenta Miyake is pulling double duty and we finally see Sakaki again, though I wont get my hopes up.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th August 2012, 06:46 AM