PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 9
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Mamoswine is so ugly. I hate boars, pigs w/e. And what the heck is that ''steam'' surrounding Dragonite?

Oh, and is it just me, or is Mamoswine looking crazy huge in that picture? And why is Dawn standing right beside him? It'd be nice if Flamethrower just accidentally turned and just happened to hit Dawn.

Iris is standing in a very odd position too, but I guess it's just the scans that are misleading.

Dawn: Let's go! Ice Shard!
    Iris: Dragonite, listen to me!
    Well, it's good to see that Iris is still struggling with making Dragonite listen to her, but I still don't want her to lose to Dawn, even though it is definitely an inevitably outcome. Bleh.

So, if these are indeed 1v1 battles once more I at least hope for the trainers to be allowed to switch Pokémon between the battles, but considering that Iris is using Draognite two times in a row it doesn't look that way. I really do not want to see more of Mamoswine either... Pachirisu would've been way better.

But geez, Iris is taking quite the risk with using Dragonite in this tournament. I would never have dared doing that, at least not if I had just caught it the other day. I guess she's really desperate in trying to bond with it and might've seen this tournament to be the perfect chance to do so. That takes some courage, but I would've spammed Excadrill if I was her. At least he has an advantage with his Metal Claw.

The thing is Iris shouldn't win, or even get into the finals in a tournament with a disobediant Pokemon. I can tolerate her winning a battle or two by luck with it, but not any further.

It is for the best if Iris loses here. She'll still have gotten far in the tournament. I just can't imagine the trainwreck if Iris beats Dawn as well and then beats Ash or someone after this.

The writers have never glorified a main character THAT much without showing them making mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Mamoswine is so ugly. I hate boars, pigs w/e. And what the heck is that ''steam'' surrounding Dragonite?

Oh, and is it just me, or is Mamoswine looking crazy huge in that picture? And why is Dawn standing right beside him? It'd be nice if Flamethrower just accidentally turned and just happened to hit Dawn.

Dawn: Let's go! Ice Shard!
    Iris: Dragonite, listen to me!
    Well, it's good to see that Iris is still struggling with making Dragonite listen to her, but I still don't want her to lose to Dawn, even though it is definitely an inevitably outcome. Bleh.
    Whats with the hate to Mamoswine? I love its design. My zodiac is Pig, so your hate towards Pig as you stated kinda offended me.

So, you want Iris to win even she can't actually control a Pokemon and will be a joke to all spectators as they saw her shouting out orders but to no response.

This make no sense, she needs to lose. The writers won't make her win with disobedient Pokemon, just like how Mamoswine lose the first contest when it first evolved.
    Last edited by Mareepy; 17th July 2012 at 05:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    Whats with the hate to Mamoswine? I love its design. My zodiac is Pig, so your hate towards Pig as you stated kinda offended me.
    I love dogs. Some people hate dogs, including a very close friend of mine. Do you think I should feel offended for that? It's different opinions, that's all. And that I accept.

So, you want Iris to win even she can't actually control a Pokemon and will be a joke to all spectators as they saw her shouting out orders but to no response. This make no sense, she needs to lose. The writers won't make her win with disobedient Pokemon, just like how Mamoswine lose its first contest when it first evolved
    I want Iris to win because I don't like Dawn, that's all. I never said that it'd make sense, it's just personal preference, simple as that. I'm aware of this shit move the writers made with giving her a Dragonite just before the tournament, and I want her to lose too, so that she'll be able to work with Dragonite after her loss. Although, I don't want her to lose to Dawn. If it was the battle against Georgia I would definitely be rooting for Georgia, because having her beating Iris would have such a greater impact, not to mention that I love Georgia too. Dawn I feel strong dislike towards, and I'd hate to see her out of all people to beat Iris, but that seems to be the outcome, and even though I do not like the idea it'll still surely be the outcome in the end.

I want Iris to win because I don't like Dawn, that's all. I never said that it'd make sense, it's just personal preference, simple as that. I'm aware of this shit move the writers made with giving her a Dragonite just before the tournament, and I want her to lose too, so that she'll be able to work with Dragonite after her loss. Although, I don't want her to lose to Dawn. If it was the battle against Georgia I would definitely be rooting for Georgia, because having her beating Iris would have such a greater impact, not to mention that I love Georgia too. Dawn I feel strong dislike towards, and I'd hate to see her out of all people to beat Iris, but that seems to be the outcome, and even though I do not like the idea it'll still surely be the outcome in the end.
    I hate Oshawott, to be true. But I never want the writers to take it away from the show. Its because he have his impact to the show. I never hated Iris and I somewhat liked her, but I surely hate bad plots.

If today is Oshawott vs Trip's Serperior, even I hate Oshawott that much, I still want him to win, just because not winning make Ash seem like a noob and once again can only beat his rival in the Conference League, which is an example of bad plot. I want Ash to be able to beat his rival on anytime, not the 'let him lose until the League' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The thing is Iris shouldn't win, or even get into the finals in a tournament with a disobediant Pokemon. I can tolerate her winning a battle or two by luck with it, but not any further.

It is for the best if Iris loses here. She'll still have gotten far in the tournament. I just can't imagine the trainwreck if Iris beats Dawn as well and then beats Ash or someone after this.

The writers have never glorified a main character THAT much without showing them making mistakes.
    Not to mention it's bad writing for Iris to win the tournament with an over powered dragon type. It's like Cynthia is participating in the tournament if Iris ends up winning the tournament, which is some thing I didn't want to see as I was against Cynthia and Caitlyn being in the tournament. It just wouldn't be fair to have someone sweep through the whole tournament.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    I hate Oshawott, to be true. But I never want the writers to take it away from the show. Its because he have his impact to the show. I never hated Iris and I somewhat liked her, but I surely hate bad plots.

If today is Oshawott vs Trip's Serperior, even I hate Oshawott that much, I still want him to win, just because not winning make Ash seem like a noob and once again can only beat his rival in the Conference League, which is an example of bad plot. I want Ash to be able to beat his rival on anytime, not the 'let him lose until the League' thing.
    I see your point, but that's completely irrelevant to me. I dislike Dawn, Piplup and Mamoswine quite a lot, and if you were to ask me, Mamoswine is nearly just a horribly treated as Dragonite, due it evolving from a Swinub and up to Mamoswine with nearly no battle experience at all. The only thing I can remember was the battle against Psyduck, which it even lost. Still it evolved to a Piloswine, and just a couple of episode later into Mamoswine. Its evolution process was extremely rushed and just awful, and if you were to ask me it'd be the exact same thing as giving her a fully evolved Mamoswine directly, considering that it at least to me didn't feel like they were even trying with Swinub/Piloswine. Oh, wait, now I'm getting out of track... The thing is, I still do not like Dawn, and I don't see how Iris losing to her would do so much to her story wise than a loss to Langley. I realize that a loss would definitely be good for Iris' sake, but to me that's completely irrelevant when it's Dawn she's battling, due to my hatred for Dawn. It might be hard to accept, but that's just the way I feel. I'd rather have her lose to someone else, but not Dawn out of all people, especially not when Georgia with her Beartic wasn't able to beat her.
    Last edited by Chiplet; 13th July 2012 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

I want to make it clear I don't really hate Dawn, and I only hate Iris because her character is being handled rather lazily. My reasoning is Georgia has been training herself to defeat dragons, and her Beartic is the greatest weapon she has to that effect. If Iris can beat the best that could possibly be thrown at her other than another dragon, then Dawn's Mamoswine doesn't stand a chance.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

You know, this may be an example of Take Thats to Pokémon gamers who do a champion sweep with a Dragonite.

Or use it in OU battles.

...Except in OU battles, you have different Pokémon, not just one orange Barney.

If Iris beats Dawn's Mamoswine, I bet her Dragonite will be close in Uber status if that was the game online stuff in anime.

...Thankfully, that doesn't seem like it. Go DAWN! Go DAWN!

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Dragonite shown in the anime have a history of being portrayed as insanely overpowered, and Iris' seems to be no exception. I'm also with Samurott on this; Dawn hasn't focused her training specifically to take down Dragon-types, and is a Coordinator first. Mamoswine may be her token raw powerhouse, but if Georgia couldn't beat the Dragonite with a huge type advantage with a Beartic she's had for quite a while and obviously trained consistently - again, specifically to beat Dragon-types - then I don't see how Mamoswine should be able to do what Beartic couldn't.

I suppose it still hasn't been confirmed whether or not this tournament allows for more than one Pokemon per round. If that is the case, though, then all this dramatizing and faux suspense the ad is presenting us with poor underdog Iris who can't control her Dragonite and has a type disadvantage is simply ineffectual because Iris could've avoided this situation by, I dunno... USING SOMETHING OTHER THAN DRAGONITE. Especially since that Dragonite is clearly going to be showing obedience problems when she meets it, as well as when she battles Georgia. If she can't take a hint by then, Iris really does deserve to get destroyed out there.

If it is restricted to one Pokemon, Iris is still a dumbass for using a fresh Pokemon she's hardly gotten to know and clearly has issues that should be worked out before it gets into trainer battles. Banking on its raw power alone is such a dimwitted move; I'd expect that sort of crap out of BW Ash, but I don't think even he would do something like this.

tl;dr: Iris doesn't deserve underdog status beause she brought this shit on herself, ESPECIALLY for this match where she should no doubt know better by now. She desperately needs to lose here; the more she wins this tournament, the harder it becomes to tolerate her character's writing.

However, BECAUSE this thing highlighted Iris being the underdog and knowing she's got a major type disadvantage again, that strengthens the possibility of her winning this match greatly. Otherwise you'd think they'd be focusing on Dawn who's struggling to find a way to beat this Dragonite that's by this point portrayed as a horrifying, unstoppable beast. Also, BW universe means backwards type logic. 4x weakness just translates to greatly increased odds for Iris winning, as this does for any character because this series is fucking stupid.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Considering Bianca, and Stephan aren't here, and the fact that Langley/Burgundy seem to be getting a first round loses. I really doubt Cilan is getting to the semi's. Ash will likely be getting to the semi's as well Trip.

Given that they're making Iris out to be the underdog here, I could see them making Dawn lose. Not like other main characters have been thrown under the bus for Iris' sake before. I don't expect Dragonites problem to last very long...if her past Pokemon are any indication.

I'm still calling Iris vs Trip for the finals. I'd be shocked if it was something different.

Its possible Cilan will make it to the finals this time. He's always lost early in these tournaments, why not let him and Trip have a rematch in the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Its possible Cilan will make it to the finals this time. He's always lost early in these tournaments, why not let him and Trip have a rematch in the finals?
    Oh I hope so, anyone who isn't Iris should be in the finals imo.

Wow so much hatred for Iris lol its actually scary. Not that she doesn't have a lot of it warrented. She is a bit overpowered with her Dragonite (I wanted it to go to Ash or nobody at all).
    Hey My trade thread/Wants and Haves

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f601/legendary-event-shiny-pokemon-trade-168760/#post5347264

FC is 4699-7394-1217, name is Mike

I think people are hating on Iris's character development, not on Iris herself. The fact that her Axew learned outrage and giga impact out of the blue, and using a superpowerful Dragonite in the tournament right after catching it, signifies poor development.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast