PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 8

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Hikari participating in this doesn't make any sense in the first place. But I don't see how her winning here accomplishes anything. Manmoo is done with its character development.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Hikari participating in this doesn't make any sense in the first place. But I don't see how her winning here accomplishes anything. Manmoo is done with its character development.
    Then why even have her in it? She could have very well just come back for those 4 random BW fillers and went back on her journey, as that was the standard time for a past girl cameo.

Yes its true this does nothing for her coordinator career, but Dawn has participated in many battles in her run, like the tag battle tournament, battling Maylene and Lucian, battling against Lyra/Khourey and various trainers in filler episodes.

The writers clearly want to keep Dawn around as long as possible, so having her become "background" material in the stands watching everyone else battle for another 2-3 episodes makes zero sense. Plus if she loses the second round, it means she only gets two battles...that would feel odd to me especially since I expect Piplup to be in her final match she loses in.

Wow, people in this forum really dislike Iris. I'm from a perspective Iris has been great so far, but catching a Dragonite is really marring her image to me. I really hope it's only temporary, maybe borrowed from another trainer until the end of the Junior Cup. That's what I hope for, because this is really a blow in her image.

To me is no surprise the Iris vs. Dawn battle. I'm just conflicted right now.

I really don't care that Iris beat Langley's Beartic. In the games it's kind of unavoidable, but it's the anime. Dragonites can fly and avoid ice moves, and on top of that, this Dragonite knows Flamethrower, so don't get your knickers in a bunch guys. I just don't know who I want to win in the Iris vs. Dawn battle. I was fucking pissed when Dawn beat May. May's Glaceon did majestically against Piplup and deserved to win. But I know Dawn winning fit the narrative. Now, I want Iris to win, because Dawn beat her predecessor, but with the Dragonite business I don't know. I have to wait and see how they'll portrait this Iris-D.nite relaysh.
    Last edited by Lukah; 12th July 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Didn't I say Iris wouldn't lose to Georgia because a main character has never lost the first round? Yes.

Didn't I also say that they wouldn't have Dawn lose the second round, simply because she's the guest character and she would be useless background material for the next 2-3 episodes if she loses early? Yes.
    A broken clock is right twice a day. :PPPP

But in all seriousness, do we even know what round Iris, and Dawn is?
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Blog Entries

This is only the second episode of the tournament if its BW92...why would anyone expect Dawn to be kicked out of the tournament this early? She is not a main character anymore, she's a guest character. As said, why would she even be in this tournament to begin with if she's going to lose early?

Its clearly obvious why Mamoswine is going up against Dragonite instead of say any of Dawn's other pokemon. Its going to be a full on powerhouse battle and Iris doesn't need to get far in this tournament.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    This is only the second episode of the tournament if its BW92...why would anyone expect Dawn to be kicked out of the tournament this early? She is not a main character anymore, she's a guest character. As said, why would she even be in this tournament to begin with if she's going to lose early?
    It's the third. We have an episode on the 2nd. There a break on the 9th, then the next two episodes come on the 16th and 23rd (when this episode airs)..leaving presumably the last one for the 30th.

God damn I hate Iris. If she doesn't leave at the end of this series Im gonna be pissed. What happened to her goal of training Axew into a Haxorus? If that goal gets ditched in favour of making her new undeserved powerhouse listen to her than argggggggggggggggggggg!!!!

Also, why did Dragonite let her capture it ( I assume that's what happens) when it doesn't want to listen to her?

Please please please Dawn, beat the crap out of Iris. I expected her to beat Georgia, even if it is complete bullshit, but her beating Dawn would just be too much. Come on Mamoswine, you can do it!!

Side note, If this tournament is only one on one battles, and there's only 16 participants, than the most anyone can use is 4 pokes (provided they make it to the final). That's not much of a big test for Ash, who has 10 pokes, most of whom need some serious development before the league.

I agree with Gliscord, there is no need for Iris to win this tourney (or Dawn for that matter). Im kind of expecting the victor to be Trip, if only to re-establish him as the main threat. I mean I dont like the guy, but it makes sense. Would prefer Bianca or Ash to win tbh.

Anyway, Go Dawn!!!

Blog Entries

Trip will be the victor of this tournament overall so we can all watch Ash destroy him at the league hopefully.

Plus having Trip win a minor tournament like this is a far lesser evil than seeing him win the league.

Blog Entries

Magazine scan.

This picture is bad news to me, Dawn is using contest style attack that looks beautiful but seems weak, not the one that are beautiful and strong at the same time.... Whats the use of the round Ice circling on Mamoswine, Ice Shards are supposed to be sharp isn't it? (even thought it might be a strong move in the anime, Snow Balls just seem so much weaker than a regular Ice Shard)
    Last edited by Mareepy; 13th July 2012 at 05:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

What's pissing me off is that Iris is still using Dragonite after it's disobeying her. If she's such a great character, she would've let Georgia and her Beartic advance in the second round instead. It's completely unfair for the other competitors competing here and yet Iris apparently isn't giving any fuck that she's unfairly winning and advancing to the next round without any effort on her side.

Blog Entries

Huge fierce fight at the Junior Cup! Dragonite VS Mamoswine!

Finally, the Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup begins! Iris ends up facing Dawn, but she's uneasy about her combo with Dragonite...? What will happen!?

Dawn: Let's go! Ice Shard!
    Iris: Dragonite, listen to me!
    Translation courtesy of Sushi at Sppf.

Lol...sounds like they are making Iris the "underdog" here, wonder what that could mean? :P
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

I remember training a traded Teddiursa on my Pearl game back in the day. It leveld up too quickly and I kept shouting: "Listen to me!" as well. Good times, what a Gary Stu I have been...but good times.

Hikari clearly takes part in the tournament ( and was brought back ) mostly for Pochama. The guy got so much screentime in DP and had merchandise plastered all over the place back then it was scary. And in BW2 he gets a lot of comedic-screen time as well. Pochama is clearly the important factor for Hikari's long stay compared to other past main characters so I guess this battle can have ANY conclusion.

I think Shinneth said it before but Pochama's hi jinyx can still be used over and over during this mini-arc especially with Hikari on the sidelines.

I still am rather indifferent towards the Dragonite since its species is pretty lame in my eyes and normally I don't like semi-legendaries that much.
    But I like the idea of a Manmoo battle without it being stationary like in its DP battles, so please writers...let the poor hairy piggy mammoth run around, do cool attacks ( pls no stock footage...who am I kidding. the stock footage is the REAL achilles' heel of BW...not only the story ) and dodge attacks from a monster that turned the whole forum upside down! You think Dragonite had a bad influence on Iris' progression or the story of the mini arc? Look around here! It even damaged the real life!
    Shinneth and Hidden Mew like this.

Blog Entries

The fact Ash is seemigly using Leavanny here, already tells me he isn't going to win the tournament. It seeming more and more like there is a one Pokemon restriction again. In fact, I could easily see Trip vs Iris in the finals, because of that probable "foreshadowing" we got way back when.

It seems only the main rivals are here, and two of them possibly get knocked out first round.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This tournament sounds boring as shit. A World Tournament Junior Cup that only has 16 people in it? What the hell? That doesn't sound very "worldly" to me. It might as well be just another Don Battle. The participants are made up of pretty much the same people + Dawn with the obligatory COTD trainers. Yawn. I don't even care about this badly written shit anymore. Fuck it, if the writers want to let Iris win against Dawn with a disobedient Pokemon, then whatever. I really hope Dawn wins this battle because Iris doesn't need anymore lucky streaks.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)