PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 7
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Looks like Hellion got out while the going was good...but I'm sure he's turning in his sleep somewhere.

I think I'll just come back at the end of summer and hope BW's improved any...

...nah, that ain't happening

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't see how this is somehow making Iris an "epic" character or lazy writing. It's the same type of story this show has always had.
    So writing her to be this very snowflake having done relatively little, and whose is potentially better than even the main character of the show is not making her "epic"?

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    So making out to be this very snowflake person, whose it better than even the main character, is not making her out to be "epic"?
    I don't see how this is making Iris better than anyone... It's just a battle with Hikari.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't see how this is somehow making Iris an "epic" character or lazy writing. It's the same type of story this show has always had.
    We might, but I'll take Kasumi for example(pinky promise I'm not trying to start shit).

Misty wanted to be a Water Pokemon Master. Iris wanted to be a Dragon Master. The difference between the two is that when Misty was on the show, the writers did very little to help her achieve this goal, but whenever she was given the opportunity to further her goal she at least for the most part had a fair run and didn't ruin Ash's storyline by doing so.

Misty wasn't given a Kingdra, the writers left her Horsea at the Gym. Misty's Pokemon didn't learn moves at the last second in battle or against Champions to make them look any better, they mostly got neglected for the most part. Sad yes, but much more realistic than having everything being given to someone on a silver platter. Also, with Iris on the show now we actually have to worry about her being a threat, taking Ash out of competitions, and taking his rivals out of competitions.

The Unova League is right around the corner and based on the last gym, YOU'D THINK we'd see some more of his storyline. But no, we don't we actually see much more of Iris's storyline and plot and really just why? Keeping in mind I like the girl to an extent(I don't hate the Mary Sue), I just don't see why the writers had to take it there. Like really?

The fact that Georgia and Burgundy got screwed by Iris is just all sorts of fuckery.

Satoshi has the whole league to himself. He doesn't need two tournaments.

I think it's better that we're focus on characters other than him in this.

Iris will lose, it is rather obvious. The writers are ALREADY having Iris have 1-2 wins before this, so winning this is pointless.

Case in point, WHY would they bring Dawn back for her to lose early in a tournament and have her in the background in the stands for however long the tournament still goes on for? There's a reason May Vs. Dawn was the finals of the Wallace Cup after all.

Plus the prize is Adeku, NOT Drayden. He's not even in this. Trip is probably going to win this to establish him as a threat for the league...since the guy failed both tournaments before this.

Satoshi has the whole league to himself.
    We're at the last hump before the league. The people who are participating in the league, should be the ones who do the best here to show they are ready IMO.

If they got outclassed in this tournament by Iris, hypothetically speaking, that wouldn't speak well for them at all. Iris shouldn't be presented as a stronger trainer than the leaguers at this point in the series.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Iris will lose, it is rather obvious. The writers are ALREADY having Iris have 1-2 wins before this, so winning this is pointless.

Case in point, WHY would they bring Dawn back for her to lose early in a tournament and have her in the background in the stands for however long the tournament still goes on for? There's a reason May Vs. Dawn was the finals of the Wallace Cup after all.
    Exactly.

Iris will definitely lose to Dawn in this battle. If it was like semi-final or the final battle I might have re-considered, but since it appears to be the second round in the tournament, Dawn will most likely win and advance.

I wouldn't be surprised if she fought Cilan in the third round and beat him too, but since Cilan as well never really makes it that far it might not happen. I'm curious to see if he caught that Larvitar or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

Exactly.

Iris will definitely lose to Dawn in this battle. If it was like semi-final or the final battle I might have re-considered, but since it appears to be the second round in the tournament, Dawn will most likely win and advance.

I wouldn't be surprised if she fought Cilan in the third round and beat him too, but since Cilan as well never really makes it that far it might not happen. I'm curious to see if he caught that Larvitar or not though.
    This is apparently the third episode of the tournament so it might be the third round. Iris might have a second battle also before Dawn, even if its just against a COTD.

Satoshi has the whole league to himself. He doesn't need two tournaments.

I think it's better that we're focus on characters other than him in this.
    But it's not like Trip doing well here makes it any better. Whether you love or hate the guy the guy you must admit he is inconsistent and I'm still not over the fact Snivy beat Pikachu just to make him look good. Like, really?

Kenyan is irrelevant to me, but with Bianca not even being in this what was the point of this whole thing? In fact, of any of these tournaments for that manner? Just for some nice character interactions because that's not what the whole plot revolves around?

Who said anything about Iris winning the tournament? I'm not sure why that's being automatically assumed. Iris doesn't look better than everyone by losing it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

Exactly.

This is apparently the third episode of the tournament so it might be the third round. Iris might have a second battle also before Dawn, even if its just against a COTD.
    As I stated earlier, I sincerely doubt that this is the third round of the tournament. If the exhibition match between Cynthia and Caitlin along with battle between Iris and Langley takes up the first episode (which they most likely will do since both of the battles seem to be rather important) the episode after will future the rest of the seven first round battles. All of those episodes will definitely take up a lot of time, which then gives even less time for a second round in the same episode, which therefore will most likely be carried over to episode after, which is the third episode.

This is what they did with both the Don Tournaments, so why would they not follow the same pattern with this tournament? If the battle between Iris and Dawn is indeed the third round all the battles before it will be extremely, extremely rushed. I'm sure that it is the second round, but we'll see.

True, but she still did take the place of others who could've made it further like Burgundy and Georgia. With a Dragonite at that, not with Excadrill.

Had Iris been using Excadrill throughout this whole thing, people would still be pissed because that's her predictable powerhouse, but they wouldn't be as pissed because it's one she's had for a good while.

She just got this Dragon. Togekiss was better than this I think, because even though Dawn used it in the finals, she did work with it one episode before(not a lot but still better than nothing) and ultimately she lost with it. Now while some could argue Togekiss was the reason Dawn did lose, at least it was in sync with her. With Iris and Dragonite really, its all on Dragonite.

If Paul didn't command Electivire to face Infernape and Electivire was just "there" rampaging out of control it wouldn't mean as much because Ash wouldn't have proved to Paul he was the better trainer. He would have proved that his Infernape can take out an Electivire, not Paul's Electivire.

Iris will lose, it is rather obvious.
    Certainly haven't heard that before...

Iris could easily battle Adler, and it be justified by the fact that he's the only one that is able to put it in it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Iris will lose, it is rather obvious.
    Certainly haven't heard that before...

Iris could easily battle Adler, and it be justified by the fact that he's the only one that is able to put it in it's place.
    Didn't I say Iris wouldn't lose to Georgia because a main character has never lost the first round? Yes.

Didn't I also say that they wouldn't have Dawn lose the second round, simply because she's the guest character and she would be useless background material for the next 2-3 episodes if she loses early? Yes.

Its blatantly obvious what's going to happen here. There is absolutely no way they'd bother to bring Dawn back and have her lose so early in a tournament for no reason. It would do nothing for her character and you'd wonder why she was even competing in this tournament in the first place.

Since Iris already won a Don battle tournament, she can take a backseat in this one especially because of Dragonite. And also, Drayden is NOT even here!

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast