PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 5

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

I think its interesting that all of Dawn's Pokemon probably WON'T get a battle.

We know Piplup and Mamoswine will, but I wonder if she has any other battle who will be used. Buneary/Pachi/Quilava/Togekiss could all very well sit this tournament out.

I'd like to see Buneary at least get one in, shes my favorite of Dawn's Pokemon.
    Cinderfella and Duque like this.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Its possible Dawn might not use her entire team, she definitely won't get 6 individual battle as its impossible in only a 16 participant tournament.

My guess is Buneary/Pachirisu probably won't be used, it'll be a toss-up between Quilava or Togekiss for one of her other battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I think its interesting that all of Dawn's Pokemon probably WON'T get a battle.

We know Piplup and Mamoswine will, but I wonder if she has any other battle who will be used. Buneary/Pachi/Quilava/Togekiss could all very well sit this tournament out.
    I would like to see Buneary and/or Quilava be used sometime. If the writers want to make Dawn go out with a bang, the right thing to do would be to defeat Iris and have either Buneary or Quilava evolve mid-battle.

But first, Dawn has to get past the Queen of HAX. Seriously, I doubt I'm alone on this one but I really loathe the idea of Trip and Iris doing well in this tournament.

Lol, it's funny because the writers never really cater to the American audience besides game marketing. I'm pretty sure A LOT of people did not want Cabarnet to loose early and for Georgia as well. On top of that Bianca doesn't appear to be here(as of now). And Ash uses Leavanny of all Pokemon.

Kenyan is not a bad battler, but he is irrelevant to me because overall he is boring. Nothing against him, I'd just rather see more interesting people in his place/surpass him in tournaments.

Did April Fools past? Did one of the writers win the Japanese lottery and decided not to put in that much effort towards the episode quality anymore? Like WTF?
    Hidden Mew likes this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

O___o I nearly died when I skimmed through some of the posts. I think everyone has covered most the points that I wanted to say. Anyway, IRIS RANT TO THE FULLEST --_____--

Oh you... writers. Shame.

Blog Entries

I think most Iris fans agree its best if she loses here. Especially since Iris already gets one or two wins in this tournament prior.
    투 애니원 likes this.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I think most Iris fans agree its best if she loses here. Especially since Iris already gets one or two wins in this tournament prior.
    But even so the battle seems to be in Iris's favor considering how far she will get using her Dragonite alone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    But even so the battle seems to be in Iris's favor considering how far she will get using her Dragonite alone.
    All the more reason to see her lose to Mamoswine. It will lead to Iris desperately getting development she needs and since Mamoswine is one of Dawn's most popular Pokemon it'll be great to see it get a good battle.

Mamoswine never really had a truly great battle back in DP, all its contest battles were double battles where it won and didn't do much. Now that this is a battle, Mamoswine is free to be a powerhouse and attack with all its might.

If you really think about it though, Mamoswine is getting screwed over even if it wins. Why? Well it would've won against a Pokemon that didn't obey its trainer. If Georgia's loss against Dragonite doesn't count because Iris couldn't do a damn thing, then Mamoswine's win won't count because once again Iris didn't do a damn thing.

Real battles require trainer and pokemon to be in sync in both sides, otherwise the battle is really one-sided and you have a pokemon/trainer unit vs a pokemon who is just out of control. Making this scenario even more shitty.

Yeah, of course I want Dawn to win and have this teach Iris a lesson finally, but in terms of Mamoswine getting a "decent" battle is unlikely since at least for me a decent battle means a fair fight.

That's why Dawn was disappointed with Mamoswine sending her to the Semi's in the contest of DP146. It's because Mamoswine used it's own brute force instead of Dawn's style to win. Which also gives me reason to doubt Dragonite and Iris will ever be separated like Drayden taking it or something. Why purposefully screw other characters over for a Pokemon that is only temporary?

Man did this thing look epic, boy were we wrong. The saddest thing about it is that the writers clearly have done better.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Umm, what is this fuckery? I swear if Iris wins. Dawn has 4x the experience Iris does. If Dawn looses after all the hard work we've seen her character do, just because Iris gets a Dragonite, Idk if I can watch this show anymore..... at least until Iris leaves....
    Hidden Mew, Chronos and Caseydia like this.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    Umm, what is this fuckery? I swear if Iris wins. Dawn has 4x the experience Iris does. If Dawn looses after all the hard work we've seen her character do, just because Iris gets a Dragonite, Idk if I can watch this show anymore..... at least until Iris leaves....
    Iris was a trainer way before Dawn was. Plus, Dawn doesn't do battles, her thing is contest battles.

Mamoswine never really had a truly great battle back in DP, all its contest battles were double battles where it won and didn't do much. Now that this is a battle, Mamoswine is free to be a powerhouse and attack with all its might.
    Mamoswine didn't have a truely great battle because it wasn't good. Get the picture?

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Driller678 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    Iris was a trainer way before Dawn was. Plus, Dawn doesn't do battles, her thing is contest battles.

Mamoswine didn't have a truely great battle because it wasn't good. Get the picture?
    That's funny since Dawn has a full team of Pokemon while Iris has 4 Pokemon, 3 of which she hardly uses. Also, Contests are a form of battling. Dawn has trained and worked her Mamoswine to the Powerhouse it is, while Iris just caught Dragonite which is way more powerful than it should be.
    Hidden Mew, Mikuri and Caseydia like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Driller678 View Post
    As you pointed out, Mammo didn't get a good battle because Hikari doesn't do them, as opposed to it not being good =]

Luckily that will be rectified in this episode.

If Dawn loses would not surprise me, the writers made ​​May lose against Dawn just because she was depressed after losing in Solaceon. ¬¬

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Artichoker View Post
    If Dawn loses would not surprise me, the writers made ​​May lose against Dawn just because she was depressed after losing in Solaceon. ¬¬
    That victory actually made sense story-wise and with Dawn's character. The Wallace Cup had been built up as Dawn's comeback after not making it pass the appeal rounds twice. May winning the match, while being nice and all, wouldn't have made much sense after Dawn had made it all the way to the finales and she honestly needed that win more than May did. That along with how she was still only barely able to defeat May's new Glaceon, which I believe had the least amount of experience compared to the rest of her team, by about an inch made Dawn's victory believable and acceptable.

However, Iris defeating Dawn doesn't really make as much sense. There's no reason story or character-wise for Iris to beat Dawn like there was for Dawn defeating May. She hasn't really worked for her victories and Dragonite, just like Axew's new move, is just a way to power-up Iris without doing any actual work. It would probably be more helpful for Iris if she lost after depending on using her newly caught and untrained Dragonite. Though, that probably would have been even more helpful had she lost in the first round. At this point, I'm hoping that just about anyone other than Iris wins this tournament, even Trip. I wouldn't be thrilled with Trip winning since I also don't really see much of a reason for him to face Alder and winning the tournament wouldn't change how dull both his character and his rivalry with Ash is. Even so, Trip winning the tournament wouldn't be nearly as bad as Iris winning it for me.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)