PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 3

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

I reckon that either:

Dragonite starts to obey Iris and they beat Dawn
    or
    Dragonite doesn't obey Iris and loses as a result.

Both of them are pretty typical Pokémon-ish things to do.

To the other news:

Burgundy has Darmanitan: Pretty good, I love Darmanitan, but Stephan would have been better with it. Hopefully it won't get wiped like...every one of Burgundy's battles. I hope that we see her Samurott too.

Trip has Serperior: Yes, WE KNOW WE KNOW! Don't tell us the obvious!

Zebstrika and Cincinno are appearing: *cough cough*Stephan and Bianca*cough cough*. I'm quite pleased to see these two, especially given that Zebstrika is Stephan's main Pokémon. I hope to see Cincinno winning something.

Yannapu vs Dentula: PLEAAAAASE make it Trip's, it's the perfect mon for him. We also see one later, so hopefully it will win. I doubt that it's a CotD, especially given that, as we see it later, it may well have won.

Ash uses Leavanny: Yes, I love you people! Hopefully in we'll see X-Scissor/Leaf Blade/Leaf Storm, I'm assuming that that's what the whole thing's for.

The other Pokémon: Don't actually make me go meh for once. Reniculus is cool as long as it doesn't get killed off quickly. Golett might just just just be Luke's, I'll hope for the best. I wouldn't be too surprised, given how much evolved shiz they have in here, why put in a random Golett. Swasbuck and Stoutland *cough cough* Burgundy *cough cough* I hope. Mainly because that might mean more than just 1 on 1s, especially if they're both her's. I can't believe that Burgundy could get past the second round of a tourney. Karrablast is a bit of a WTF.
    Caseydia likes this.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

*Comes from work, goes on computer and looks at new episode spoiler*

What the hell is this crap?! Dragonite actually got passed Georgia? Just like that? Where is the struggle, the reasonabilty?! And again we have Dragonite facing yet again another ice type. Two troubled/used to be troubled pokemon facing each other. I hope a disobediant rampage happens to stir things up. That would be fun. But seriously, does Iris really do have to battle Dawn? No. I don't want to see another Wallace Cup nightmare and have Iris win against her. That would be just ugh!
    Hidden Mew and Chronos like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Payback.

Seriously, fuck Iris.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe Dawn will win this for a number of reasons:

- Iris and Dragonite will probably curbstomp Georgia and whoever she battles in the second round (I assume this is the third round)

- Dawn is the guest character of the region. Having her lose in the tournament early would make her background material for the rest of the tournament. I think Dawn will make it to the semi-finals at the least.

- Mamoswine is a very powerful Pokemon, and it only seems fitting that after Dragonite beat a previous ice type to lose to this one

- I still think Trip will win the entire thing, not Iris, because she has no reason to battle Adeku. If Cynthia or Drayden were the prize I'd think differently, but I don't see Iris winning.

Blog Entries

Everyone complains about how cheap it is for Iris to use a newly caught Dragonite. I think the bigger problem with the writing is that she's willingly using a disobedient Pokémon in a tournament, when she could be using Excadrill instead (which is a better choice against Beartic and Mamoswine). It's also inconsistent in that she was afraid to send Excadrill out back when it had obedience problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    - Iris and Dragonite will probably curbstomp Georgia and whoever she battles in the second round (I assume this is the third round)

- Dawn is the guest character of the region. Having her lose in the tournament early would make her background material for the rest of the tournament. I think Dawn will make it to the semi-finals at the least.
    The third round is the semi-finals. But this episode is more likely to finish the second round.
    Last edited by Silktree; 12th July 2012 at 11:35 AM.
    Moe likes this.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Oh my God, I've just had a horrible thought; Dawn had similar obedience problems with her Mamoswine - what if she helps Iris in making Dragonite obey her before this battle and ends up sealing her own fate? (Ash had the same problems with Charizard, but that was so long ago)

I've been a bit iffy with Dawn in the past, and I don't think she has any business in getting so far in this tournament, what with her being a Coordinator and all, but someone has to stop Iris in her tracks.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Either way I see Dawn winning. The writers also already had Iris win the first Don battle tournament, there is no need for this one.

Saying this, I feel Dawn will probably wind up losing to Trip or something afterward. Not that Trip is any better, but meh.

Blog Entries

Well, there goes the Iris/Langley rivalry. Oh, writers, you are so laughably bad with Iris it's not even funny.
    I'm rooting for Hikari, Cabernet, or Shooti for this tourney.
    투 애니원 and Caseydia like this.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trip really has no reason to battle Alder, either. I mean, if he was itching for it so badly or really wanted to put Alder in his place, you'd think he'd have done so during Alder's debut, but instead he just walked away. And even if they do battle, I'm not seeing what this will do to even remotely redeem Trip's character or even make him the slightest bit interesting. Still, I do agree this is likely what the writers are gearing up for if they aren't going to have Iris take the whole tournament by storm. By this point I believe this whole thing will go either to Trip or Iris, and both have the weakest justifications for winning this (or even getting past round one).

Unless I missed a detail from the last "Iris has to deal with Ice-type Pokemon oh noez" episode, I wonder if it's a coincidence that 2 of her known battles are against Ice-types. So that this tournament would also officially put an end to any issues Iris has about facing Ice-types (unless that episode already did that). Especially because type logic is ass-backwards in this series, if Beartic couldn't take down Dragonite (and Georgia was portrayed to be relatively well-trained and focuses on battles, unlike Dawn who, despite the copious amount of training and battling tournaments she's partaken in, is primarily a Coordinator and that's probably a disadvantage here), I don't see how Mamoswine can, either.

Only way I see Dawn winning this is if Dragonite self-destructs. She obviously gets one win in this tournament to be facing Iris, so the writers may think that's enough for her and just feed her to the increasingly-destructive monstrosity that calls itself Iris' story. And like myself and others said before, I can totally see Dawn going out of her way to help Iris with the disobedience thing because she specifically has dealt with it before with Mamoswine.

And like I also said before, they wouldn't give Iris TWO power-ups (Axew also learned Giga Impact!) and not abuse them here. Though I'm curious if this is a one-Pokemon or multiple-Pokemon sort of deal. I highly doubt Dawn would be using Mamoswine for the entire damn thing (that's screentime entitled to Piplup, so the writers would say!). So if multiple Pokemon are allowed, that makes Iris using Dragonite more than once a bothersome detail in of itself.

ffffffuck everything about this

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Only way I see Dawn winning this is if Dragonite self-destructs. She obviously gets one win in this tournament to be facing Iris, so the writers may think that's enough for her and just feed her to the increasingly-destructive monstrosity that calls itself Iris' story. And like myself and others said before, I can totally see Dawn going out of her way to help Iris with the disobedience thing because she specifically has dealt with it before with Mamoswine.
    Mamoswine is pretty powerful. They'll probably be shown to be evenly matched.

IF this is only the second round of the tournament, Dawn will very likely win. They're not going to bring Dawn back to have her lose early in a tournament and become background material. Promotion doesn't work that way.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dragonite = promotion just as Dawn is. They've already given Dawn copious amounts of screentime before this tournament (what was it, 5 whole episodes compared to May's 2 before the Wallace Cup?), so I can see the writers considering that a way of balancing out the "promotion" of Dawn by eliminating her from the tournament. It's not so much Dawn promotion as it is Piplup promotion, anyway. The sooner Dawn gets kicked out of the tournament, the sooner she can sit on the sidelines so Piplup can be there wasting our time. Unless he's actually used in a battle, but we don't have the info for Dawn yet to pass judgment there.

Still, I'm thinking Dawn having this many episodes to feature in isn't a coincidence. Nothing's a coincidence anymore.

And this series is bizarro land anyway. Apply logic to it and the series laughs right back at you.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

...wow. Iris is like the worst main character ever.

Dawn better win this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

There is so much wrong with Iris being able to defeat Georgia with her newly caught Dragonite and now, they're having her face off against Dawn. I really hope that Mamoswine can take it down. I do not want to see Iris defeat Dawn. There's really no reason for Iris to defeat her story-wise like there was for Dawn to defeat May in the Wallace Cup. I really don't want to see Iris win the tournament since she really doesn't deserve it in my opinion, whether or not she uses Dragonite the whole time. It probably isn't too likely given how much the writers favor her, but I'm on team Dawn all the way now.

Blog Entries

Trip has reason to battle Adler considering it has been built up all serious. However, just like the Legend Badge was changed for BW2 advertisement I wouldn't be surprised if this showcases Iris. Reason being in the games, from what I've heard, Alder apparently opted to battle Iris, to see if she was worthy as the next champion. Iris ultimately won of course.

So, I could easily see them justifying Iris battling Adler here for the purposes of BW2 crap.

Also, that would potentially mean Iris would be the supposed "new rival", as well. So yeah, I'm calling Trip or Iris to win here. Leaning more towards the latter because of the aforementioned BW2 advertisement.
    Shinneth likes this.

Blog Entries

As a general note, most popular girl discussion can go to a new thread and discussion of Smash Bros is not suitable for the Anime forum in the slightest.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)