PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 20

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    There is no doubt that Dragonite will win. Because if he didn't, there wouldn't be the inevitable Drayden/iris confrontation.
    Drayden isn't even participating in this tournament, so whether Iris wins or not she still won't get to battle Drayden. At least not during the tournament arc.

I must say that I was actually surprised with Mamoswine and Pignite tying in their battle. You'd think that with Mamoswine being a fully evolved Pokémon, while Pignite is in the middle stage, and with Mamoswine's overwhelming amount of experience it should actually have been able to beat Pignite. It's true that Pignite has a type advantage, but Mamoswine still has some other advantages that should compensate for that. And to think, there's actually a chance with that thing beating Dragonite.

Pignite's either way more powerful than I orginally thought it was, or Mamoswine is simply a very overrated Pokémon. Its moveset wasn't really that impressive either. And... woah. Beartic have two powerful Ice-type moves, Ice Beam and Icicle Crash. Mamoswine has one Ice-type move, that really isn't that powerful (at least not in the games, that could be completely different in the anime). With Ice Shard being its only Ice-type move its victory over Dragonite would be even more bad than it already was, considering that Beartic wasn't able to beat it. Woah

With this episode being the second episode in the tournament arc my fears for Dawn winning only increased. There's really no need for Dawn to advance further into this tournament, as it has absolutely nothing to with her goal. It'd be way better if Iris advanced, she's in much more need of the experience she'll receive than Dawn is, and Axew definitely deserves to get a battle too. But... considering that she's making a guest cameo, she'll probably make it pretty far, probably to the final. I wouldn't actually mind seeing her and Ash to battle it out in the tournament, but only if Ash beats her.

Also, I must say that it's pretty weird that this really is BW91. That means that the second round begins in the second episode, while the second round started in the third episode in the Donamite arc. I guess there really won't be that many important round 1 battles or maybe they'll be rushed as hell.
    Last edited by Chiplet; 21st July 2012 at 07:47 AM.
    HumanDawn likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Even if this battle does take place in the quarterfinals, I still have a hard time believing that Iris and her Dragonite will lose here. Usually characters and pokemon that receive the most focus prior to the start of a tournament will advance very far. Luke had his debut episode prior to the Club Battle, and he made it to the semifinals. Stephan and Sawk won the Celestial Tower competition prior to the Clubsplosion, and they ended up winning that tournament. Now Iris will catch a fully evolved pokemon during the episode immediately prior to the start of this tournament. There's a pattern here.

It is also important to remember that Iris is using a pokemon that is so powerful that several experienced trainers and fully-evolved pokemon will work together to bring it down during its debut episode. This is also the same pokemon that will defeat Georgia's Beartic, a powerful Ice-type pokemon in its own right, despite having a massive type disadvantage. Dawn's Mamoswine may be a powerful pokemon, but it still tied against Ash's Pignite when they had their training battle in BW088. This entire battle seems to be going against Dawn's favor.

On a more speculatory note, I am expecting the writers to pull an Iris and Trip final during this tournament. Trip wanted to battle Iris ever since they conversed with one another in BW031. More importantly, Trip wanted to battle powerful Dragon-type pokemon. Iris didn't have any truly powerful Dragon-types when she last encountered Trip and turned down his challenge, but now she does. She is the only member of the BW trio that had never battled Trip before.
    You just talk about the worst final in History !
    As for your Pattern
    -Ash had one fully evolve starter in Hoenn , Ash had two fully evolve pokemon in Sinnoh SO Ash should have 3 fully evolve pokemon in Unova if there ever were a Pattern!
    -If Ash's Pikachu beat Trip's Serperior in this Tournament and then Ash beat Trip in Unova league then it will create a Pattern too.
    If Writer can't follow a Pattern in a good way then he should follow in worst way!
    Furthermore , Georgia's Bisharp was got more focus in Episode tile of Donamite but it only reach the Quarterfinal !
    This Anime is about Ash's Journey to become Pokemon Master So writer should focus on Ash's development in Junior cup rather then focusing a unworthy main rival & a Sidekick!
    Iris is a Sidekick who gonna replace by another sidekick in the next series !
    Despite that , Writer gave her Don Tournament & Most of all Writer gave Iris A Freaking Dragonite.
    While Trip didn't suppose to be a Match for Ash in the first place because he just started his journey!
    But Writer make Trip reach in Paul level in 3 month! That more then what any ROOKIE can ask for.
    So , I think there no need for writer to focus on ether one of them!
    Because they got enough ! The Sidekick caught a pokemon who is 100 time better then any pokemon the hero ever caught and the Rookie get to be superior when he suppose to inferior!
    So ,Now Writer should put all their focus on Ash because they destroyed Ash's Image completely in their attempt to give all other character some attention!
    By the Way
    Rivalry is a Bond !
    A Rookie like Trip just showing up to insult Ash & to Show his fake Superiority isn't a Rivalry . ITS FAVORITISM!!!
    If Writer want to improve the Rivalry then they should Let Ash beat Trip & Win Junior cup So Trip start to acknowledge Ash as he's rival!
    Ohh , Iris being a Champion in B2W2 has nothing to do with the Anime ! It something happen in game and it might happen in 2year in future but now it has nothing to do with the Show!
    I would prefer if Ash end up facing Trip in the very first match of Junior Cup and Ash to kick that Dragonite butt over & over with all his Unova Pokemon!
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 21st July 2012 at 10:51 AM.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3228684.jpg
    23日のサブタイトルは「パワーバトル!アイリスVSヒカリ!」

title

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Edited thread with title. Thanks @Musashi;

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mamoswine better put up a good fight. This thing better go down with a blaze of glory.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not surprised at the result. Usually characters that have the most focus immediately prior to and during the first few rounds of the tournament will advance farther than most of the other competitors.

Let's hope that Mamoswine uses its Ice Armor combination during this match.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 23rd July 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm also not surprised; like many of us have said, if Georgia's well-trained Beartic with her SPECIFIC focus on taking down Dragon-types couldn't beat Dragonite, Dawn's Mamoswine sure as hell wouldn't be able to pull it off either considering she lacks a lot of what Georgia has going for her.

And while I'm still bummed regardless that Dawn lost and all and I do still like her, I think it's a bit of an overstatement to say she barely got to be in the tournament at all. It's a 16-person tournament; making Top 8 means she made it halfway through the tournament. That's a lot better than most other characters will probably get that deserve the ranking more than she does (purely on the virtue that Dawn is a guest character and a Coordinator, no less). I'd much rather have seen Burgundy get this far, but we're likely not gonna get that, now are we? And we've had to see her be unrighteously screwed over in these tournaments the whole series. It's all very disheartening.

But yeah. Getting to the halfway point, considering Iris has a DEM murder machine and Trip has DEM plot convenience magic to mow down the competition, I'd say Dawn's lucky to have gotten this far.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dawn loses in only her second match. I'd say she got screwed over.

At first I was bummed (but not shocked at all) at this outcome. Now I'm... laughing. That's how ridiculous Iris is making this tournament. Getting past Tunbear AND Manmoo (especially Tunbear), twice in a row? Excuse me as I chuckle at such predictable outcome. And who was the one who won with type advantage in the Don Battle final again?

Is this tournament really only 3 episodes long? I thought it was gonna be 4. Or am I missing something?
    Trainer Gabriel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Dawn loses in only her second match. I'd say she got screwed over.
    But weren't you ranting all week about how Dawn losing would make no sense since she is a cameo guest or something? So what, now you've excepted fate?! This is unbelievable to me right now.

But in all seriousness, this is getting a little weird. I was expecting the writers to have Dragonite's disobedience be Iris's downfall sooner or later, not her triump. If it is this easy for Iris, then why not have them make a better reputation for Ash close to Red's status or why not have Dawn won the Contest festival back in Sinnoh?

I'm done. I'm just done. Someone call me when the league comes around. Hopefully then Iris won't be in that too.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

I know I'm late with this:
    >> "This cup features trainers from around the world!"
    >> Only 16 trainers
    >> Most use Unova Pokemon
    pppfffffttHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, I think something accidentally tickled me. *wipes tear*

As for Dawn losing in the semis, I'm fine with it. She's a guest, so I usually don't think guests would go that far anyway, so...maybe Mamo would put up a good fight against "Dragon Ex Machina".

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

I to am fine with Dawn losing. This tournament is supposedly to be a world cup and yet, as you said, only has 16 trainers who mostly use Unova Pokemon. Dawn losing in a "not a world cup" tournament is no big deal. And considering that Iris is going to have trouble commanding Dragonite throughout the tournament, Dawn lost to Dragonite more than she lost to Iris. If Iris could not control her Dragonite and her Dragonite still single handily wins against two Ice-types, how can one consider that two victories for Iris? Dragonite could have entered the tournament as a freelancer and the same things would happen.
    Last edited by Aura7541; 23rd July 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Blog Entries

I wonder who Ash will be facing in this tournment

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I am pretty disappointed that Hikari loses, I was hoping that since they hyped her making a return so much that she'd fair pretty well in the tournament. I hope Mammoo puts up a good fight at least.

As it was mentioned before, I hope that Hikari can give Iris some advice about her Pokemon not listening to her since she's been there before, especially in such a competitive atmosphere and that she's using the same Pokemon she had trouble with in this tournament. I hope we get some non-tournament interactions between the two talking about this at least. Tbh, I'm surprised they let Iris continue on in the tournament at all if her Kairyu is as disobedient as it seems.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

New scan.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)