PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 2

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: BW093(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

I'm already seeing it all now in front of my eyes. Iris will reach the final, kick Dawn's ass, proceed to Alder, beat him, become the new champion of the Unova region and go to Elesa's hairdresser to change her hair to her BW2 one. Doing all of this while she can't even control her Pokemon's strength.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 12th July 2012 at 08:36 AM.
    martianmister likes this.

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Just as Dawn beat May, Iris will beat Dawn.

Your tears, they will be delicious.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I'm already seeing it all now in front of my eyes. Iris will reach the final, kick Dawn's ass, proceed to Alder, beat him, become the new champion of the Unova region and go to Elesa's hairdresser to change her hair to her BW2 one. Doing all of this while she can't even control her Pokemon's strength.
    The fact that I, a fan, can see the writers pulling something like this or even similar to it as a possibility is scary.

I actually would love to call you wrong, crazy, sarcastic...but right now I just don't know. If the writers want to make Iris Champion or even close to it, they very well can. No matter how shitty it is and that just sucks.
    djulienr and Hidden Mew like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    So just to make things clear based on what we know now, this means that

- Iris' Dragonite is indeed the new Charizard (though most of the time her Pokemon learn moves is when she either isn't there or they're randomly learned without Iris having anything to do with it, so in a way this lack of control of her Pokemon isn't a new thing for her - this is probably just the first time something might actually come of it).
    Well Iris's Pokemon have altogether have only learnt 3 new moves under her care.

Focus Blast
    Outrage
    Giga Impact

You're completely right about Focus Blast.

But most moves learnt by Pokemon are random and the trainers are shocked as well. Trainers never have anything to do with it, unless you mean that other trainers push their Pokemon with training and in battles, then I can say that Iris also does that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouffalant Herdier View Post
    Oh, geez, so Iris managed to defeat Georgia, even with a x4 type disadvantage AND with a Pokemon that disobeys her? This is getting ridiculous, and now the exact same thing is probably going to happen with Dawn's Mamoswine as well. Is Iris the reincarnation of Arceus?
    Well maybe this is a really strong Dragonite and it uses non Dragon moves against Beartic. And it could use it's own sort of techniques a bit instead of using moves to beat Beartic, where the disobeying might come in.

Don't think of it being a ridiculous win until you see how she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengarzilla View Post
    Here's hoping Dawn wipes the floor with Iris and wakes her up a bit...
    She doesn't need to "Wake up".

From the parts of BW089 that we've seen, Dragonite seems like an angry and disturbed Pokemon, so maybe it's fair that she can't control it knowing that it seems like a rough Pokemon. Plus I think her having to tame Dragonite is okay, since she wants to be a Dragon Master. Heck, maybe her making Excadrill feel better was a step in this direction. I think of it like this.

Iris makes Excadrill Obey her > Iris gets a Dragonite > It doesn't obey her > Iris tames it whilst raising her other Pokemon > Then she get other strong Dragon Pokemon and raise them in order to become a strong Dragon Master.

Sure it'll be her 4th Pokemon that she's had trouble with, but this one might be a quick fix compared to the others.

Axew being weak and not being able to use Dragon Rage properly > Fixed by training.

Excadrill disobeying > Iris makes Excadrill obey her again.

Emolga being a diva and a bit of a kid sometimes > Sort of fixed, but she's off an on with her diva/child like attitude.

Iris isn't that overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    The fact that I, a fan, can see the writers pulling something like this or even similar to it as a possibility is scary.

I actually would love to call you wrong, crazy, sarcastic...but right now I just don't know. If the writers want to make Iris Champion or even close to it, they very well can. No matter how shitty it is and that just sucks.
    Well saying that's a bad idea is your opinions, some might like it, even though I sort of wouldn't like that possibility either.
    Aeon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I wouldn't be so sure about that. According to that scan Iris can't control D-Nite's strength. Looks like Dragonite is the new Charizard, this makes me happy. Battling against Dawn and Mamoswine, Iris will probably learn about how Mamoswine was disobedient and Mamoswine will go on to beat Dragonite. Being out of sync with her Pokemon's heart is contradictory to her goal. Dragonite will win without her orders against Langley so I can see Langley calling Iris out on that. I'm actually a lot more okay with Dragonite now. It doesn't give a crap about what she says, thus that win against Georgia didn't mean shit. XD

Thus it won't close the rivalry since it wasn't a "true" win. Georgia will be all "YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR DRAGONITE!!"

Oh, and poor Burgundy continues to be made into this show's ass-clown and the new Team Rocket, only appearing as fodder for people to beat and as a foil for comedic bantering with the more calm and cool Cilan. Man, I wanted her to have a Purrloin. But, why that big fire ape? That thing debuted a long, long time ago and there are other Pokemon like Lilligant which would have been interesting against Pansage in a battle.

I could see Cilan winning against Fillerboy with Rock Tomb.

Sadly, no Drayden. Seems more like a glorified Don Battle. No Drayden to be seen. I guess they're saving him for the Iris and his meeting.

The lack of a new rival makes me think he's the guy battling Cilan.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 12th July 2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Cinderfella likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post

I actually would love to call myself wrong, crazy and sarcastic too. I'm hoping that Georgia calls out on Iris' bullshit again in the first round. Iris doesn't deserve to sweep an entire tournament with a Pokemon that she:

A) Just received
    B) Hasn't trained yet
    C) Can't even control

The fact that I'm not even going to be surprised if it does really happen is a sign of how bad Iris' writing really is.

From the parts of BW089 that we've seen, Dragonite seems like an angry and disturbed Pokemon, so maybe it's fair that she can't control it knowing that it seems like a rough Pokemon
    Maybe for the Dragonite capture, but the actual tournament? That makes it even cheaper and more bullshit. How would you feel if somebody beat you in an important tournament with a Pokemon they can't even control?

I wouldn't be so sure about that XD According to that scan Iris can't control D-Nite's strength. Looks like Dragonite is the NEW Charizard, this makes me happy. Battling against Dawn and Mamoswine, Iris will probably learn about how Mamoswine was disobedient and Mamoswine will go on to beat Dragonite.
    Type logic is reversed this saga. Fire beats Water. Water beats Grass. Grass beats Fire. In this case, Dragon beats Ice.

Dragonite will win without her orders against Langley so I can see Langley calling Iris out on that. I'm actually a lot more okay with Dragonite now. It doesn't give a fuck about what she says, thus that win against Georgia didn't mean shit. XD

Thus it won't close the rivalry since it wasn't a "true" win. Georgia will be all "YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR DRAGONITE!!"
    At least this gives me some relief since it would make Iris look like shit instead of good with the undeserved win.
    Caseydia likes this.

Blog Entries

From this, Iris wins against Georgia, and if she can beat the Dragon Buster, then she can beat Dragonite's predecessor as well. This had better mean that Drayden pwns Iris later, that's all I have to say. Furthermore, no old pokes for Ash. I assume they're waiting for the next saga, or the panorama was just for it's own sake. Time wasted, I might as well simply wait and see if they are going to bring the reserves back later.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*puts down sign cheering for Georgia, and puts one up cheering for Dawn*

Go, Dawn and Mamoswine!!! Kick Dragonite's ass! By the way, is Iris using Dragonite this whole tournament? I hope not because that would definitely be cheap of her. Also, lol @ Burgundy with Darmanitan. I hope she goes against Trip and wins.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

No Stephan or Bianca in this tournament, good because their gags kinda cluttered up time. Even though I actually like Stephan and Bianca. Georgia, Burgundy, and Trip are the only rival appearances and the "NEW" rival.

I wish the 2Chan members would post the scans, since they are always exciting to look at :P

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dawn had better win this.

Mamoswine is fucking awesome and I want to see that thing win.

Dawn actually trained Swinub until he become a Mamoswine, not catching it as a Mamoswine, she has bond with it too... so I am supporting Dawn this battle... SHE MUST WIN!!!!
    djulienr and Hidden Mew like this.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like i said in some other thread, its obvious what are writers trying to do in here. THey are slowly(ok scratch that rapdlky) and surely trying to build up Iris rteam and strength to required degree to be able to become new BW champion in relatively short period of tim, following her game counterpart and chances which happened in game canon. This also explains such knowledge about dragons from start, being portrayed as prodigy trainer which was beating older and more experienced trainers before Ash even dreamed of starting out his poke journey.

Fact that Iris Dragonite will battle Dawn Mamoswine shows how Langley was pretty much destroyed in first battle, regardless of type advantage and im starting to think how it my not be so much impossible anymore that she even beats Dawn progressing directly to finals.

Hopefully not,but at same time i can understand writers and pressure under which they are put with champion role being too big for them to ignore. Champions are always big deal and they are trying their best to make this changes transfer to anime as soon as possible regardless of character suffering from such sort of development. I guess this shows Axew will be overshadowed by large dragon too, fulfilling fears i had from start.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    If Iris beats Dawn in this tournament, then my fears of seeing Iris in the next Smash Bros. will be coming true because her beating the most popular pokegirl in the series will give Iris a gateway ticket to be the female trainer/champion rep.
    Dawn isn't most popular pokemon girl in this series(Piplup though is more popular in Japan than all girls combined), Misty and May are just as much popular. In USA and Europe arguably even more.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Dawn isn't most popular pokemon girl in this series(Piplup though is more popular in Japan than all girls combined), Misty and May are just as much popular. In USA and Europe arguably even more.
    Where exactly did you get this information regarding Misty and May, especially on the latter since her chances are currently unlikely until the R/S/E remakes drop in? I was told by Dawn~Berlitz that Dawn's the most popular in Japan.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh god, I am actually cheering for Dawn for this one.

Unlike Dawn Vs. May, this one actually has Dawn with plenty of experience and Mamoswine is a beast. Dawn really needs to win this and Iris really needs to lose with her Dragonite.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post

Where exactly did you get this information regarding Misty and May, especially on the latter since her chances are currently unlikely until the R/S/E remakes drop in? I was told by Dawn~Berlitz that Dawn's the most popular in Japan.
    Im not sure what RS remakes have to do with anything, but outside of Japan Misty and May always had equally strong if not even stronger following than Dawn did with there being more fan arts about them, bigger demand for return, a lot more talk and controversy, having more votes in polls etc.

As for Japan unless there is some proof to support such claims, i can't view statement from one of members as factual info. Even if its true, my point still stands about Dawn not being more popular than other girls outside of Japan.

On different note, at least one good thing about whole thing is that Dragonite wont be obedient from start causing to Iris problems like Ash Charizard and Dawn Mamoswine to lesser extent did. It will still feel cheap though to come that far with newly caught pokemon which wont even listen for that matter.

Though i could see some further bonding happening between girls with Dawn helping Iris how to handle Dragonite, since she experienced same problem too.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 12th July 2012 at 11:17 AM.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)