PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 19

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura7541 View Post
    I wonder if the outcome of this battle will be spoiled when the title of the episode after this one is leaked, just like how the outcome of Dragonite vs. Beartic was spoiled when info about this episode came out.
    I did not worry about this, because the title has a high chance to be leaked before the episode aired, so we will know the outcome before this episode airs.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I wonder if the outcome of this battle will be spoiled when the title of the episode after this one is leaked, just like how the outcome of Dragonite vs. Beartic was spoiled when info about this episode came out.
    I prefer this !!!
    I don't have any problem!!!
    I will be relief if the Upcoming episode Title leak that Ash won't be humiliated by Trip for the 3rd time and Ash will win Junior Cup!!!

Blog Entries

Well, the outcome of a tournament is never stated in the ep titles unless one can infer from the events AFTER said tournament. We'll be waiting until next month for that. Chances are, the current situation won't reveal anything even for that. Note, however, that the situation I am talking about usually has to do with the League and the few eps that occur after the end of the saga. If we know another saga is going to happen and Ash is in it, then it's a forgone conclusion that he lost again. The only exception was the Battle Frontier, but then he lost to Gary so it evened out in the end. As of right now, this tournament holds little importance but as set up for the League, but that only pertains to Ash and Trip. I'm not saying either of them will win it, though, just that how well they do here will set the status quo. However, things have also happened regarding Iris that could have ramifications later on. (Yes, whatever saga is after the league)
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

This episode is actually BW091 (there won't be a normal episode on the 16th), which means that the battle has to take place in the second round.

Blog Entries

The two feel break makes this 91.

Blog Entries

Hmmm...I'm not sure how much it changes things that Dawn is the very next opponent after Georgia for Iris. I can see how it makes it more likely for Dragonite to fail, but there was a chance of that anyway. It doesn't really change the stakes because it's still determining who gets to go forward, but the tournament could still focus on someone else rather than either of them. (before, I was assuming this battle took place later in the tournament, implying Iris was in a winning streak) The outcome if Dawn wins doesn't really mean anything to me. This tournament is not that important for her anyway, and I wouldn't mind if she gets taken out in the next round. Winning the whole tournament would only serve the purpose of showing Dawn is awesome and I really don't think she deserves it, especially over Ash. For Iris to win, the stigma of her Champion status in the games will continue to ring in our ears. I don't agree with people saying that winning against Alder here would gain her such a lofty position, as I still consider it only an exhibition match, and plainly, Alder will not be using all of his pokes. I will agree, however, that to score a win on Alder regardless would have significance. It would have no official significance, but it would be a feat nonetheless. I don't believe this will happen either since with the next movie being about Genesect, BW is far from being over. We may not know what the next saga is after the league, but there is something there, and that means that Iris's story is not over, nor do I see any reason to end it in the middle like that and not receive any resolution with Drayden. (although it would kinda do that indirectly) I will continue to hope his appearance in the opening means something and that Iris's climax is still in the future.

EDIT: If it's about Ash training himself up to beat Iris, I'll say the same as what I say for people who think Ash will win the League: it isn't going to happen, not unless they planned on something greater. Not to mention it would seem really petty. I don't think either of them are ready for such a thing.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 20th July 2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    This episode is actually BW091 (there won't be a normal episode on the 16th), which means that the battle has to take place in the second round.
    Which likely means Dawn will win. I really can't see Dawn losing this early in the tournament.
    Aura7541 likes this.

Blog Entries

So pretty much the semi's are more than likely going to be Ash, Trip, Dawn/Iris, and maybe Cilan.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even if this battle does take place in the quarterfinals, I still have a hard time believing that Iris and her Dragonite will lose here. Usually characters and pokemon that receive the most focus prior to the start of a tournament will advance very far. Luke had his debut episode prior to the Club Battle, and he made it to the semifinals. Stephan and Sawk won the Celestial Tower competition prior to the Clubsplosion, and they ended up winning that tournament. Now Iris will catch a fully evolved pokemon during the episode immediately prior to the start of this tournament. There's a pattern here.

It is also important to remember that Iris is using a pokemon that is so powerful that several experienced trainers and fully-evolved pokemon will work together to bring it down during its debut episode. This is also the same pokemon that will defeat Georgia's Beartic, a powerful Ice-type pokemon in its own right, despite having a massive type disadvantage. Dawn's Mamoswine may be a powerful pokemon, but it still tied against Ash's Pignite when they had their training battle in BW088. This entire battle seems to be going against Dawn's favor.

On a more speculatory note, I am expecting the writers to pull an Iris and Trip final during this tournament. Trip wanted to battle Iris ever since they conversed with one another in BW031. More importantly, Trip wanted to battle powerful Dragon-type pokemon. Iris didn't have any truly powerful Dragon-types when she last encountered Trip and turned down his challenge, but now she does. She is the only member of the BW trio that had never battled Trip before.
    Trainer Yusuf likes this.

How's the battle going against Dawn's favor if her Mamoswine tied against Ash' Pignite, who had a type advantage? It was able to easily neutralize Pignite's flamethrower and took head-on nitro charge similar to how Paul's Torterra demonstrated the defensive tactic in DP.

You make a good point with Trip wanted to battle Iris, but I just don't see it happening in the tournament. Iris is apparently having trouble syncing with Dragonite and I think Trip would rather battle Iris once she and her Dragonite are a complete team. Otherwise, it would be no more different than battling a wild Dragonite. Trip will definitely battle Iris, but much later in Season 2.
    Gengarzilla and martianmister like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    So pretty much the semi's are more than likely going to be Ash, Trip, Dawn/Iris, and maybe Cilan.
    Junior Cup doesn't look like a World Class Tournament with those people in Semi !
    I would prefer all the character expect Ash get beaten by the CotD's to show how many powerful trainer enter the Junior Cup.
    I would also love Trip getting his butt kick by a CotD from another region who insult Trip & unova by calling them ''Bonnie''!
    Atleast , Then Trip will know how its like when someone insult a person home region!
    That What Trip actually deserve !
    I want more CotD like Manasumi in this Tournament!!!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How's the battle going against Dawn's favor if her Mamoswine tied against Ash' Pignite, who had a type advantage? It was able to easily neutralize Pignite's flamethrower and took head-on nitro charge similar to how Paul's Torterra demonstrated the defensive tactic in DP.
    Iris's Dragonite will defeat an Ice-type pokemon during the first round of this tournament despite also having a type disadvantage. Ash's Pignite may be strong in its own right, but Georgia's Beartic is also very powerful too. This Dragonite will also fight numerous fully-evolved pokemon prior to being caught in its debut episode. Mamoswine barely etched a tie with Ash's Pignite despite using its most powerful attacks. It's not easy to say that Dawn and her Mamoswine will have the advantage here.

However, Beartic and Mamoswine are two very different Pokemon who are owned by two very different respective trainers. They're both ice type Pokemon, but they have their own unique strengths and their trainers have their own unique tactics. From what we've seen from the second and fourth episode of Season 2, Dawn has used the tactics Ash used back in DP (e.g. countershield and Paul's Torterra's stonewall stance). The magazine scan of Iris and Dawn's battle looks like her Mamoswine is using an Ice Shard countershield. Iris is not familiar with the countershield and the benefits it brings. On top of that, she's also not familiar with Dawn's coordinator style battling. Even if Dragonite completely listens to Iris, they will have difficulty deciphering Dawn's techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Mamoswine barely etched a tie with Ash's Pignite despite using its most powerful attacks. It's not easy to say that Dawn and her Mamoswine will have the advantage here.
    Both Pokemon were evenly matched for almost the entire battle. Dawn's Mamoswine actually knocked Ash's Pignite onto it back with its Take Down and did not use Ancient Power, so it didn't use all of its most powerful moves.
    Last edited by Aura7541; 20th July 2012 at 08:50 PM.

Blog Entries

There is no doubt that Dragonite will win. Because if he didn't, there wouldn't be the inevitable Drayden/iris confrontation.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Even if this battle does take place in the quarterfinals, I still have a hard time believing that Iris and her Dragonite will lose here. Usually characters and pokemon that receive the most focus prior to the start of a tournament will advance very far. Luke had his debut episode prior to the Club Battle, and he made it to the semifinals. Stephan and Sawk won the Celestial Tower competition prior to the Clubsplosion, and they ended up winning that tournament. Now Iris will catch a fully evolved pokemon during the episode immediately prior to the start of this tournament. There's a pattern here.

It is also important to remember that Iris is using a pokemon that is so powerful that several experienced trainers and fully-evolved pokemon will work together to bring it down during its debut episode. This is also the same pokemon that will defeat Georgia's Beartic, a powerful Ice-type pokemon in its own right, despite having a massive type disadvantage. Dawn's Mamoswine may be a powerful pokemon, but it still tied against Ash's Pignite when they had their training battle in BW088. This entire battle seems to be going against Dawn's favor.

On a more speculatory note, I am expecting the writers to pull an Iris and Trip final during this tournament. Trip wanted to battle Iris ever since they conversed with one another in BW031. More importantly, Trip wanted to battle powerful Dragon-type pokemon. Iris didn't have any truly powerful Dragon-types when she last encountered Trip and turned down his challenge, but now she does. She is the only member of the BW trio that had never battled Trip before.
    I agree with you pretty much full heartily.
    I think it's gonna go like this ...

First battle, Iris finds out that she has a problem when handling Dragonite. Georgia doesn't count it as a loss because Dragonite wasn't obeying her (leaving their "relationship" alive and kicking). Iris is very upset about this and Dawn offers some words of advice. Next Episode they're matched up ... and instead of using the Drill (who has a type advantage/ no huge disadvantage and is her starter) Iris uses Dragonite again in an effort to fix this problem. It starts out doing it's own thing before half way in Iris get's it to obey. They win this battle with a victory they can both claim and Dragonite begins to obey (maybe not fully. Maybe like how Mamoswine would have it's rages when things got hairy Dragonite could just kinda do it's own thing once in a while when it's getting beaten).

Trip gets to battle Iris in the finals, and he can finally see what it's like battling against a Dragon type trainer.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)