PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 16

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 375
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

  1. #226
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Suppose Dawn were to win. How would the rest of her battles go? As I said before, I'm struggling to see how her battling Ash would be handled. I don't see why they would have a practice match in tomorrow's episode if the writers wanted them to battle each other in the tournament.
    Dawn and Ash are having a training battle which will be no more than 2 minutes. Hell it might only be one or two attacks.

  2. #227
    Registered User Aura7541's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Dawn and Ash are having a training battle which will be no more than 2 minutes. Hell it might only be one or two attacks.
    Not to mention, they've done several practice battles in D&P, so this practice battle doesn't hint at what is going to happen in the Junior Cup.
    martianmister likes this.

  3. #228
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Dawn and Ash are having a training battle which will be no more than 2 minutes. Hell it might only be one or two attacks.
    Two minutes is long enough compared to most battles. Regardless, having Ash use Pignite in said battle ruins the potential of an official battle involving the Fire-type starters. Anything else would just be random, since the mascots themselves are very unlikely to be pitted against each other.

  4. #229
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura7541 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Dawn and Ash are having a training battle which will be no more than 2 minutes. Hell it might only be one or two attacks.
    Not to mention, they've done several practice battles in D&P, so this practice battle doesn't hint at what is going to happen in the Junior Cup.
    And its with Mamoswine no less, proving its just to get Mamoswine ready for the tournament.

    That being said I don't think Dawn will battle Ash. She could very well lose to Trip. Granted that's not good either, but Trip is so far gone as a rival everyone just accepted his Marty Stu status and we'll hopefully be done with him after the league.

  5. #230
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    She could very well lose to Trip. Granted that's not good either, but Trip is so far gone as a rival everyone just accepted his Marty Stu status and we'll hopefully be done with him after the league.
    Why would they have her lose to Trip rather than to Iris? At least she is supposed to be Iris' friend, and if the writers want to glorify Trip, they can have him defeat Iris (whom he actually knows and has expressed interest in).

  6. #231
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    To make it so that Dawn can actually help Iris through their battle, regardless of the winner.
    It would more benificial to Iris, if she were written to lose here. If Dragonite just suddenly starts to obey, because of some friendship heart-to-heart advice from Dawn...thus allowing Iris to win it would be just another rushed resolution for Iris' Pokemon.

    This issue needs to be solved OUTSIDE the tournament, not during or in the middle of battle.

  7. #232
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    She could very well lose to Trip. Granted that's not good either, but Trip is so far gone as a rival everyone just accepted his Marty Stu status and we'll hopefully be done with him after the league.
    Why would they have her lose to Trip rather than to Iris? At least she is supposed to be Iris' friend, and Iris can also lose to Trip (who has expressed interested in facing her) if the writers want to glorify him.
    Who would be in the semi-finals then?

    I imagine Ash, Dawn, Trip and....maybe Cilan? Unless we get an Iris Vs. Cilan battle...

  8. #233
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Who would be in the semi-finals then?

    I imagine Ash, Dawn, Trip and....maybe Cilan? Unless we get an Iris Vs. Cilan battle...
    Iris VS Ash and Cilan VS Trip could work again if the outcomes were reversed compared to the last time, resulting in Ash and Trip making it to the final round. Of course, the writers could also have Iris and Cilan have a serious battle at long last.

  9. #234
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    If Dawn, and Iris is semi's...then Ash and Trip are likely the other two.

    If Iris, and Dawn is the second round..then the semi's will be Ash, Trip, Iris/Dawn, and Cilan.

  10. #235
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    It is possible that Dawn and Iris will battle in the semifinals, making the Junior Cup more rushed than the previous tournaments, if the writers want to squeeze the Alder battle into the fourth episode.

  11. #236
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It is possible that Dawn and Iris will battle in the semifinals, making the Junior Cup more rushed than the previous tournaments, if the writers want to squeeze the Alder battle into the fourth episode.
    All the COTD's battles will probably be short montages or skipped entirely. That's what they did in the last Don battle tournament.

  12. #237
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    These tournaments could really benefit from being five episodes long, rather than four. I don't know why the writers insisted on rushing the last ones when they didn't necessarily have to.

  13. #238
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    These tournaments could really benefit from being five episodes long, rather than four. I don't know why the writers insisted on rushing the last ones when they didn't necessarily have to.
    You could say the same for every league too. Almost every league has been rushed and could have used an additional 2 episodes.
    Chronos and Aura7541 like this.

  14. #239
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    If I were the writers, I'd be laughing my ass off at all the fans worrying about the outcome of this match XD

    With that said, I will lose my faith in BW if Iris wins.
    Last edited by Satoshi_Pikachu; 18th July 2012 at 03:00 PM.

  15. #240
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    All the COTD's battles will probably be short montages or skipped entirely. That's what they did in the last Don battle tournament.
    Yes, but that alone wouldn't explain the Junior Cup being even faster-paced than those tournaments were. However, what could explain it is the fact that Dawn is actually replacing as many as three characters: Bianca, Stephan and Luke/Montgomery. While Cynthia and Caitlin's exposition battle will take a bit of time, the previous tournaments only started halfway through their first episodes, too.

    If Dawn and Iris do face each other in the semifinals, then it is possible that one of them (probably Dawn) will have won against Cilan beforehand.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •