PREVIEW: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari! - Page 15

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Default Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

I really hope Iris doesn't steamroll everyone she faces. The writers have several episodes after the tournament to develop her character. Why does it have to be now? I see no reason for them to let her take several undeserved shortcuts.

What I really hope is that Dragonite's disobedience costs Iris the match and after that, Dawn helps Iris overcome the block between her and Dragonite. However, this is most likely wishful thinking.
    Caseydia likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agreed. Iris already won a tournament in BW we don't need to see her do so well in another one.

The fact that she's apparently using Dragonite in all her matches while everyone else is switching Pokemon each round makes it obvious she is set up for a fall.

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think that the writers are setting her up to win this one.

We're having so many of the episode titles focused on Dragonite, it's like with Bisharp, who didn't make it past round two.

I think that they are going to allow Dawn to win. Looking at the magazine it looks like they are pretty equal, except Dragonite's maybe in a bit of pain. Looking at scans for previous battles they usually put the moment before the typical turn around, where the victor is in a lot of pain and is either about to evolve/learn a new move/have an inspirational speech chucked at them, and this looks like neither. So the result will be interesting. I just wanna see an Ash on Dawn.
    Aura7541 likes this.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

I still think Hikari will win this. Magazine scan reminds me Mammoo's first contest battle.
    Aura7541 likes this.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Agreed. Iris already won a tournament in BW we don't need to see her do so well in another one.
    I agree as well, but the writers might not share our sentiment. They're already setting her up as the "underdog" against Dawn. :PPP
    Last edited by Masurao; 17th July 2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Shinneth and Hidden Mew like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    I still think Hikari will win this. Magazine scan reminds me Mammoo's first contest battle.
    Why ???
    Wasn't Wallace Cup enough for her ?
    Why do you think Ash was kick out of Wallace Cup ?
    Because it was contest So it was more important for actual coordinator , not for Ash!
    But Junior Cup is important for every trainer who wants to be a Champion Master , Dawn has no right to get involve in it !
    By the way , Just because Trip wants to battle Alder , Doesn't mean he's Special !
    Because
    All the Unova Trainer wants to Battle Alder , Just because Trip just met him as a child doesn't mean he share a deep connection with him! Alder probably met a lot of Kids like Trip in his journey!
    Plus , Ash wise to battle all Champion !
    It's a first ever tournament host by 2 E4 Champion !
    Writer can't afford to take pitty on Trip because He's a Eyecandy for Girls !
    He should focus on Ash since ASH HAVEN'T WON'T ANY MAJOR INDIVIDUAL TOURNAMENT SUCH AS THIS !!!
    If there is Any Major Individual Tournament Ash should to win then That's World Tournament Junior Cup!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Why ???
    Because it was contest So it was more important for actual coordinator , not for Ash!
    But Junior Cup is important for every trainer who wants to be a Champion Master , Dawn has no right to get involve in it !
    By the way , Just because Trip wants to battle Alder , Doesn't mean he's Special !
    Because
    All the Unova Trainer wants to Battle Alder , Just because Trip just met him as a child doesn't mean he share a deep connection with him! Alder probably met a lot of Kids like Trip in his journey!
    He should focus on Ash since ASH HAVEN'T WON'T ANY MAJOR INDIVIDUAL TOURNAMENT SUCH AS THIS !!!
    If there is Any Major Individual Tournament Ash should to win then That's World Tournament Junior Cup!!!
    Em... You miss the point. She means Dawn will win against Iris, not win the tournament.
    She means that a person with a disobedient Pokemon is most likely to lose a battle to an important character just like Mamoswine lose to Jesse's Yanmega.

Blog Entries

Suppose Dawn were to win. How would the rest of her battles go? As I said before, I'm struggling to see how her battling Ash would be handled. I don't see why they would have a practice match in tomorrow's episode if the writers wanted them to battle each other in the tournament.
    Shinneth likes this.

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Why ???
    Because
    I think she was talking about the battle, not the entire competition. (:

Dawn can get involved in the Junior Cup if she wants to, since the competition is for any kind of Trainer, not just those who collect Gym Badges.

I don't want Trip to win this as much as you, but we cannot deny that he has something special with Alder. The whole purpose of Trip's journey is to beat Alder, and Alder promised that would battle with him anyways. Trip leaving as the winner is the most likely outcome.
    Caseydia likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Suppose Dawn were to win. How would the rest of her battles go? As I said before, I'm struggling to see how her battling Ash would be handled. I don't see why they would have a practice match in tomorrow's episode if the writers wanted them to battle each other in the tournament.
    The writers seem hesitant to have Dawn and Ash battle in a serious battle. So Iris winning is probably more likely.

But I'd also have to ask, what would have been the point of giving Dragonite a "problem" if it just get's solved really quickly, and wins her a battle, not costing her anything?

I really don't see the writers being hesitant to have Dawn and Ash battle each other. Dawn is the only female main character whom Ash hasn't battled against one-on-one in a tournament situation. Ash battled Misty in the Whirl Cup, battled May in the Terracotta Contest, and battled Iris in the Don Tournament. One could mention the Hearthome Tag Tournament, but that was not a just Dawn vs just Ash battle.

Also, there has been a recurring theme of a Pokemon's disobedience costing the main character an important match (e.g. Ash's Charizard at Indigo Plateau and Dawn's Mamoswine at the Lilypad Contest against James). Dragonite not listening to Iris may cost her in the Junior Cup against Dawn. We don't know for sure if Dragonite's problem will be resolved in-battle or post-battle.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura7541 View Post
    Also, there has been a recurring theme of a Pokemon's disobedience costing the main character an important match (e.g. Ash's Charizard at Indigo Plateau and Dawn's Mamoswine at the Lilypad Contest against James). Dragonite not listening to Iris may cost her in the Junior Cup against Dawn. We don't know for sure if Dragonite's problem will be resolved in-battle or post-battle.
    If Iris was allowed to advance against her main rival of all people with a disobedient Pokemon...I don't have much faith in the writers to have Iris lose to Dawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura7541 View Post
    I really don't see the writers being hesitant to have Dawn and Ash battle each other. Dawn is the only female main character whom Ash hasn't battled against one-on-one in a tournament situation.
    Be that as it may, they're already going to have a battle tomorrow. It may just be a practice match, but it wouldn't be very interesting to see them battle again just a few episodes later. Piplup and Oshawott's rivalry is unlikely to be resolved through a battle since it pertains to Meloetta, so what would be the point? There are other ways to give Dawn more screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao
    But I'd also have to ask, what would have been the point of giving Dragonite a "problem" if it just get's solved really quickly, and wins her a battle, not costing her anything?
    To make it so that Dawn can actually help Iris through their battle, regardless of the winner.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    The writers might've done that to give Dawn and Iris something in common. They've both have (well, had, in Dawn's case) disobedient Pokemon, so they might want Dawn to give Iris advice or whatever. I don't know; that's just my guess. It's still crap writing, but we've established that over a hundred times already.

I still don't think Iris should win this, and I'm going to pray to the gods that she doesn't. I think Trip will be in the finals, and maybe Ash against him. If Iris unfortunately does beat Dawn, then I think it could be her against Trip. I don't think Dawn will get to the finals; she has no reason to be there.

By the way, this is all assuming that this match is in the second round, and not the third.
    Aura7541 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The writers seem hesitant to have Dawn and Ash battle in a serious battle. So Iris winning is probably more likely.

Having Iris beat Dawn(another ice Pokemon) might as well have her win the whole competition again. since Ash is pretty much on the back burner in this already, hopefully if Iris gets far, I hope Trip(a grass pokemon) takes her down.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)