PREVIEW: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!! - Page 20

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbring View Post
    Yet Cilan pulls these new moves out of his ass and no one complains about it not to mention most of the time he wins by pulling out these new moves.
    Fact of the matter is, he doesn't have a glorified background, his Pokemon's problems aren't randomly dropped, he's not winning tournaments, not getting other recurring characters shafted who are more deserving for his sake, not getting psuedo Legendary Pokemon before tournaments, doesn't have a supposed baby Pokemon hurting Champions Pokemon, etc. Try again please.
    Last edited by Masurao; 14th July 2012 at 01:26 PM.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Yet Cilan pulls these new moves out of his ass and no one complains about it not to mention most of the time he wins by pulling out these new moves.
    Fact of the matter is, he doesn't have a glorified background, his Pokemon's problems aren't randomly dropped, he's not winning tournaments, not getting other recurring characters shafted who are more deserving for his sake, not getting psuedo Legendary Pokemon before tournaments, doesn't have a supposed baby Pokemon hurting Champions Pokemon, etc. Try again please.
    So your issue is that Iris actually has accomplishments? Your constant hating for every little thing Iris does shows your judgement is nothing but bias.
    Ishida and 투 애니원 like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    How about you try again please. Garchomp wasn't hurt by Axew's Giga Impact it simply fell over it didn't show any signs of being in any pain. I don't know why I'm wasting my time all Cilan fans are flawed there isn't even any point of arguing. Deny it all you want all Cilan fans are just biased against Iris and then get all pouty when someone tries to argue against the fruit cup especially since he's the only over glorified one here. Face it the only reason you guys stand by Cilan is because he's "perfect" he has no flaws whatsoever besides a fear of Pawloin which is meant for comic relief.
    Last edited by Ishida; 14th July 2012 at 01:44 PM.

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Amongst the arguments I have a neural reaction to the battle's outcome. I like Iris, but I have no idea how to feel.

Then again I'm never really excited for battle tournament arcs so maybe that's why. I'm interested, but not excited.

Face it the only reason you guys stand by Cilan is because he's "perfect" he has no flaws whatsoever besides a fear of Pawloin which is meant for comic relief.
    Actually Cilan has shown flaws (that Skyla episode is one good example of this) so he is not 'perfect'. And we don't even know the truth behind that Purrloin incident so you can not confirm it as comic relief. I wish people would stop bringing up Cilan when debates on Iris arises, they both have completely different roles and aspects. Yeah lets end it there and not go off topic because this all should simply be talk about the episode and not comparing characters.
    Last edited by Don; 14th July 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Shinneth likes this.

Blog Entries

@Fullbring; drop it. Don't like people's opinions so you're targeting the users themselves? Let's realise that a character isn't something to target people over. @Driller678; you're new here but I highly suggest you read the above. @Masurao; please don't respond to people with offtopic comparisons.

This isn't a Dent vs Iris thread, and I think those who don't like the hate about Iris should you know, not try to instill more hate? If certain users can't behave, they'll be thread banned.
    Musashi, Shinneth, Don and 3 others like this.

Blog Entries

This isn't fair though.. everyone else expresses their opinions but then when I express mine I'm the only one that gets in trouble.

Blog Entries

This isn't fair though.. everyone else expresses their opinions but then when I express mine I'm the only one that gets in trouble.
    No one is allowed to express their negative opinions on users. That is not hard to understand; I have told you before in a VM conversation that users and characters are different. What also isn't hard to understand is that I said to drop it. One more post like this and its a thread ban.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Magazine scan.

Another One on One Tournament !
    Anyway , I don't Want Iris to win this Tournament!
    I mean , Seriously Does Writer want people to hate Iris ???
    After all , She already won the Don Tournament & She got a Dragonite !
    A Dragonite , I say , A Freaking Dragonite!
    That should be ENOUGH !
    We have to bear with Iris's overpower Dragonite while Ash travel with BABIES !
    So , I don't writer to make it worst by giving her the Junior Cup!
    SO WHAT SHE'S THE CHAMPION IN THE GAME ! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ANIME!
    The Anime is about Ash's journey to be a Pokemon Master !
    Junior Cup should focus on Ash's growth & Development instate !
    Iris doesn't want to be a Champion yet , She wants to be a Dragon master !
    Plus ,Ash is a Future champion too ! I don't see Writer to treat him like a Champion yet !
    Writer doesn't even treat Ash like the master of Battle Froniter !
    So
    THERE NO NEED TO TREAT IRIS LIKE A CHAMPION BEFORE SHE BECOME ONE !
    She should just win her showdown with her Rival Dragon booster Gerogia & Lost afterward like Ash in League conference !
    theseviper likes this.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

So advertising and heavily implying in the opening that Bianca and Stephan were in this tournament and they aren't? Dawn not meeting Stephan or Bianca? Georgia being knocked out in the first round by Iris and her undeserved Dragonite? Wow... this isn't looking so great anymore :/ Why aren't Stephan/Bianca in this? Did they need room for the one-liner competitors? I mean so what if that would mean having to lose early, but at least they'd be there.

Okay, done ranting. Sorry, I had high expectations for this arc and was totally psyched about it but it's all dashed now. All I can hope for is Dawn wiping the floor with Iris and Burgundy making it to the second round at least.

That opening was very misleading *kicks rock* Unless Dawn is going to continue traveling with them and has a chance to meet Stephan and Bianca.
    Last edited by Kenji-girl; 16th July 2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Typo. So full of rage D:<

Blog Entries

I really see no reason for Dawn to meet Bianca and Stephan, to be perfectly honest. We were hoping for her interactions with Cilan to be ''super amazing'', while they barely interacted at all, and if we won't see any hilarious antics from her meeting Burgundy and Georgia then I'm quite sure that there won't happen anything funny when she meets Stephan and Bianca either. As of yet, the only one she's had interesting/funny interactions with is Iris (so much that I could watch the series with just the two of them being in the main cast x3)

As for Bianca and Stephan not appearing... I was also both surprised and disappointed about it, but I guess that the opening was only showcasing the League participants then? Which of course means that neither Burgundy or Georgia will participate in it... Urgh. At least Burgundy was collecting badges. :/
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Can anyone get a clear image of this !
    I'm focusing on the COTD !
    So Far,
    -I spot a Boy wearing same outfit as Luke at the end of Right Row!

- I'm also interested in the Girl who is standing in Middle of Cabernet & the Boy with the same outfit as Luke! The Girl seem to have a cool design ! I wonder if she could be the New female Rival !

- I can't able to see the COTD Who is Standing at the Left side of Ash but he seem to look like the younger version of Colress! Now to think of it , There was boy in Coro coro scar with blond Spiky hair & he was wearing a Doctor apron like a researcher but he wasn't a part of B2W2 game !

-That Muscular guy standing left side of Cabernet , Is he related to the Don ?

-The girl with Twin tail beside Dawn ! Is she a Coordinator !

-The guy with Chinese Outfit standing at the right side Gerogia look's like a older version of Trip.

NOW
    Why on earth there is only 16 participant ??? Its a major Tournament that doesn't require a Special qualification so there should be more then 16 participant!
    Even League get 200 participant even though Trainer require to collect 8 badge to enter there !
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 16th July 2012 at 04:09 AM.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I really see no reason for Dawn to meet Bianca and Stephan, to be perfectly honest. We were hoping for her interactions with Cilan to be ''super amazing'', while they barely interacted at all, and if we won't see any hilarious antics from her meeting Burgundy and Georgia then I'm quite sure that there won't happen anything funny when she meets Stephan and Bianca either.
    Not really concerned if something funny would have happened or not. I just love characters I like meeting each other <3 I guess Dawn's reaction to Georgia and Burgundy would be something to look forward to.
    Shinneth and djulienr like this.

Blog Entries

Its disappointing to see Axew side-lined again for this tournament. What's the point of learning Giga Impact? or even Outrage? When was the last time outrage was used? Ugh, same goes for Excadrill. Its like once his story is done, side-lined. I wouldn't be surprised if Dragonite would be side-lined after he obeys Iris. Anyway, it looks like Dawn will try and help Iris. I hope Dawn wins this and it might spark some interesting stories between Iris and dragonite from there.

EDIT: lol, I posted this on the wrong thread. T'was meant for episode 92 with Dawn :P
    Last edited by 투 애니원; 16th July 2012 at 11:16 AM.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suspect Bianca and Stephan were shoved out of this tournament for time constraint reasons (Dawn being in this, Alder being involved in it, plus the Cynthia/Caitlin exhibition match), and personally I think they were booted so that Trip would stand a chance of making it past the first round this time. Now that Bianca isn't around to kick Trip's ass, he'll probably get a free pass into round 2 by beating a CotD. :P I think Stephan would have kicked his ass, too. And Cilan will likely be busy with other competitors so he won't be able to send Trip packing like he deserves. This tournament gets more and more bullshitty by the minute. Thanks a lot for the red herring, OP. :P (guess their cameos there are meant for the League, so they won't have to change the OP after the tournament ends very much)

Tis a pity; I would have liked to see them both here. As stated a while back, I really wanted Dawn and Bianca to meet because I think they would have great interactions based on how Bianca generally has a habit of losing a lot, and Dawn's no stranger to the concept of that. Could've sworn Bianca had some self-doubt issues too; something else Dawn could relate to. I would have far preferred to see that over Dawn bonding with Iris over the issue of disobedient Pokemon, especially since that element is very likely to aid Iris in her next undeserved victory. :P

Plus, Bianca/Burgundy/Georgia interaction was one of the few highlights of both Don Battles, so having Bianca absent is gonna feel a bit empty, even if they did try to shove a running gag on her (probably another reason she and Stephan have been cut from this). And while I'm really just lukewarm at best with Stephan, he's still leagues better than Trip.

So everything about this tournament is making me less and less interested in it; now I just want to see how bad of a trainwreck it'll be. :P The only saving grace of this particular episode (besides Cynthia/Caitlin) will be if they do more lampshading through Georgia about everything that's wrong with Iris as a character and her story/(lack of) development/Pokemon. Gotta have my fix of that, man. She's the only form of canon that points out these obvious flaws the rest of the canon world ignores. ._.

(where the heck is the general thread for the world tournament? I keep worrying I'll veer too far off topic from the episode...)
    Cinderfella and Hidden Mew like this.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji-girl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I really see no reason for Dawn to meet Bianca and Stephan, to be perfectly honest. We were hoping for her interactions with Cilan to be ''super amazing'', while they barely interacted at all, and if we won't see any hilarious antics from her meeting Burgundy and Georgia then I'm quite sure that there won't happen anything funny when she meets Stephan and Bianca either.
    Not really concerned if something funny would have happened or not. I just love characters I like meeting each other <3 I guess Dawn's reaction to Georgia and Burgundy would be something to look forward to.
    The character interactions are the only thing that hold my interest during the tournaments. Especially in that Hikari doesn't know the back stories with Langley/Iris and Cabernet/Dent, respectively, yet, I think that could lead to some really fun interactions between the five of them if any of them were to explain their rivalries to her XD I could see Hikari asking "So..why do you hate Dragons again, Langley?", and we might finally learn :D
    Shinneth and martianmister like this.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)