PREVIEW: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tsunbear!!

I'm happy Iris was given Dragonite but I feel like the only reason it was given to her was to help her defeat Drayden.. given that Excadrill is probably the only one that is capable of doing so.

Blog Entries

Holy shit....just when I thought Iris' character couldn't get any worse. They writers actually pulled it off.

Excellent job writers. Really.

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Just when I think I couldn't dislike Iris anymore, something like this has to happen. And just like that, I've lost a lot of interest in this tournament.

Well, it's good that two rivals are finally battling each other again, but it's going to be impossible to take an interest if Iris isn't even going to use her own Pokemon. More than ever, I'm hoping type advantages come into play, very few Dragon/Flying types would stand a chance of defeating a strong Ice-type like Beartic, even one of Dragonite's caliber. A quick and early loss is exactly what Iris deserves for taking the lazy man's route.
    Last edited by Bouffalant Herdier; 9th July 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    I could see Iris losing here with her first battle with the Dragonite.
    I can see that too, actually. A part of me says that it would be good having her lose with her Dragonite, as that loss would establish Dragonite's strength, showing that it really isn't unbeatable and too strong, and that Iris still has a lot of work to do with it. Although, having her lose would also mean that neither Axew or Emolga will actually get the chance to battle in the tournament, which I'm really hoping for to see. So, I feel rather mixed.

If Iris would win, I'd prefer it to be the way Excadrill beat Scolipede. Iris didn't have a single word in the battle, but Excadrill completely annihilated Scolipede all by itself. If Dragonite took on the battle against Beartic completely by itself and ignoring Iris' commands completely the victory actually would've been alright, as it would show that Dragonite yet isn't considering Iris to be a fitting trainer, and that she still has a lot of work to do with it. Then, Iris could move on in the tournament by using her other Pokémon? If that would happen, I'd be perfectly alright.

Supposedly it'd seem that this tournament will only require the trainers to use one Pokémon each... That's.. disappointing. I mean, how will be able to see the truly stronger trainers if the battles will only be 1v1?
    Bubble Frog and Catzeye like this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL, I didn't even know Georgia wasn't even in this.

Blog Entries

FFS, you don't just give somebody a fully evolved pseudo-legendary. This is an incredibly lazy route Iris is taking, but given how Iris has been written so far...I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if they make her pay for it.

Blog Entries

Dragonite does go down like a ton of bricks to Icebeam, so its possible. If she doesn't lose to Georgia maybe this is why Piplup learned Icebeam?

I'll laugh so hard if Dawn and Piplup take down Dragonite. The fandom reaction would be hilarious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Dragonite does go down like a ton of bricks to Icebeam, so its possible. If she doesn't lose to Georgia maybe this is why Piplup learned Icebeam?
    Possible, yes. But the writers have been extremely inconsistent with type advantage this season. I mean, wow. The fact that the writers would actually just give her a Dragonite. The writers would never allow Ash to just be given a fully evolved pseudo-legendary Pokemon. He still has to work, and develop his team.

I thought Togekiss was terrible. But this...this is just a new level of shit.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post

I'll laugh so hard if Dawn and Piplup take down Dragonite. The fandom reaction would be hilarious.
    Or Piplup forgot Icebeam in favour of Headbutt just so it wouldn't have an ice move when Dawn faced Iris.

I'll be cheering for absolutely everyone against Iris here - even if it has to be Trip beating her.

Blog Entries

It makes me wonder why they made this tournament out to be such a big deal when random nobodies can enter it. Its really nothing more than a slightly more glorified Don battle tournament.

Oh, no, oh no. Damn it. Really, I didn't mind about the Togekiss because I like Hikari. But Iris with a Dragonite? That's too much. Why, writers, why?

I guess I'll wait for the episode before getting all worried about it. Because I'm starting to fear she'll do better than Satoshi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Oh, no, oh no. Damn it. Really, I didn't mind about the Togekiss because I like Hikari. But Iris with a Dragonite? That's too much. Why, writers, why?

I guess I'll wait for the episode before getting all worried about it. Because I'm starting to fear she'll do better than Satoshi.
    I didn't like Togekiss because Dawn got it 2 episodes before the GF, AND the final match with Zoey should have included Ambipom due to all the history it had with Dawn's story, in addition to Zoey suggesting the trade in the first place.

But this is pretty much just as bad if not worse, if only because Dragonite is seen as a pseudo-legendary and every Dragonite we've seen in the anime has been overpowered thus far.
    Iteru and Hidden Mew like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Or Piplup forgot Icebeam in favour of Headbutt just so it wouldn't have an ice move when Dawn faced Iris.
    OMG, did you just jinx it? O_o

*Shudders remembering that DP's female protagonist won over AG's female protagonist in the Wallace Cup*

Blog Entries

So she got the Dragonite. Whoop de flipping do. Charizard 3.0 is go. I honestly don't know how this battle will go since either outcome is likely. If Iris wins, though, prepare for the first Don Battle to be repeated if there isn't a stronger trainer in this tournament. If Drayden really is here, then I hope he takes her down instead. It could be more advantageous for Iris to lose, since then their rivalry can continue and be resolved later in the series.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

They won't have Iris beat Dawn, there's no reason for it.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)